The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

Are you sure that we will be a fastbreak team? Seems to me it will be mostly Princeton and half court sets.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Are you sure that we will be a fastbreak team? Seems to me it will be mostly Princeton and half court sets.

Anytime Randle grabs a defensive rebound he's going to push the tempo

Anytime Russell gets a defensive rebound we're going to push the tempo.

Roy Hibbert is going to block some shots and get us running

Clarkson loves to push the tempo

We have an offense to get into in the half court like any other team but we have the personnel to run the floor and get easy buckets. We will run more than we have in years with this team and even more when one retires
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

We have an offense to get into in the half court like any other team but we have the personnel to run the floor and get easy buckets. We will run more than we have in years with this team and even more when one retires

We may have the personnel to run, but the poster wasn't questioning that. The poster was questioning whether we will run because of the offense our coach runs.

There's an article in the Lakers in the news section entitled something like The Lakers need Byron to Evolve and Grow" in coaching this new collection of players. His recent statement that Kobe might see time at power forward, as strange as it sounds, is an indication he's open to anything, which is a very good sign. If he truly is, we truly have some horses to run.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

We may have the personnel to run, but the poster wasn't questioning that. The poster was questioning whether we will run because of the offense our coach runs.

There's an article in the Lakers in the news section entitled something like The Lakers need Byron to Evolve and Grow" in coaching this new collection of players. His recent statement that Kobe might see time at power forward, as strange as it sounds, is an indication he's open to anything, which is a very good sign. If he truly is, we truly have some horses to run.

It's not like Byron doesn't know how to run. He was part of the last Lakers team that pushed the tempo. Now that he has the horses I have to believe he's smart enough to turn the loose.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

it goes without saying. 90% of the time Randle grabs a defensive rebound and takes off we're going to be in a fast break situation and the same thing happens when Russell rebounds. We're going to run...everyone but Kobe and Hibbert 😂
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe actually thrives in an uptempo offense.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Kobe actually thrives in an uptempo offense.

I hope so...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randle is Crucial to Clarkson & Russell's Growth

Quote:
If Randle does get his mid-range game going, teams may start doubling him or at least he’ll cause attention to himself from defenders that will allow Clarkson and Russell to find the open area and pick their spots for shooting.

THE THREE AMIGOS <link
Love&Peace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

It's not like Byron doesn't know how to run. He was part of the last Lakers team that pushed the tempo. Now that he has the horses I have to believe he's smart enough to turn the loose.

Even last year the lakers had an above average pace. Not sure why half this forum thinks were a half court team... we werent last year why would this year be any different?

Russell. Williams
Clarkson. JBrown
Kobe. Young
Randle. Bass
Hibbert. Black
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

JR was to run the floor in order to neutralize opposing bigs.

Playing at an uptempo pace is JR's biggest advantage because he struggles down low against length and his jump-shot as well as his defense are works in progress.

Teaming with Hibbert in the front court should allow him to get out on the break more often w/ DLO & Clarkson. .... The 3 AMIGOS!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Love&Peace wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

Even last year the lakers had an above average pace. Not sure why half this forum thinks were a half court team... we werent last year why would this year be any different?

The above average pace was more due to our one option offense where we'd get the ball to a guy and he'd jack up the shot, rather than move it around for a better opportunity.

We were bottom 10 in the league in the percentage of our plays that were transition opportunities.
Love&Peace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject:

O I didnt know that... that does need to change

Russell. Williams
Clarkson. JBrown
Kobe. Young
Randle. Bass
Hibbert. Black
RogerSterling7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject:

Hate to rain on anyone's parade but when you draft a PG at 2 you start him immediately. No way Russell comes off the bench.
RogerSterling7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Also, both Bass and Hibbert can convert the jump shot

Inside the arc. Same with Kobe and Clarkson. Nobody in the lineup you posted can make a 3. That means five defenders, all chilling inside the arc, waiting for Kobe, Randle, or Clarkson to inevitably take it right into the teeth of the defense because there's nowhere else to go.

Russell, Clarkson and Kobe cannot make 3's? And it is something that Randle has been working on as well.

Well, Clarkson hit 31%, and Kobe was at 29%. I guess they can hit them, just not proficiently.

My guess is that Kobe's shoulder won't be hurt this season. And they do have a guy who can make them if they decide to play him, Anthony Brown.

Brown might've been the most disappointing rookie in SL. Hope he turns into a player for us but he's far from a starter right now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Inside the arc. Same with Kobe and Clarkson. Nobody in the lineup you posted can make a 3. That means five defenders, all chilling inside the arc, waiting for Kobe, Randle, or Clarkson to inevitably take it right into the teeth of the defense because there's nowhere else to go.

Russell, Clarkson and Kobe cannot make 3's? And it is something that Randle has been working on as well.

Well, Clarkson hit 31%, and Kobe was at 29%. I guess they can hit them, just not proficiently.

My guess is that Kobe's shoulder won't be hurt this season. And they do have a guy who can make them if they decide to play him, Anthony Brown.

Brown might've been the most disappointing rookie in SL. Hope he turns into a player for us but he's far from a starter right now.

As a player, I like Brown's potential but in No way is AB3 ready to start at the NBA level.
Heck he will be lucky not to start his career in the D-League.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:
Hate to rain on anyone's parade but when you draft a PG at 2 you start him immediately. No way Russell comes off the bench.

If he deserves to start he will. If not, he won't. The Lakers don't Kwame Brown their young players.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

You obviously care much more about summer league that I do.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

As a player, I like Brown's potential but in No way is AB3 ready to start at the NBA level.
Heck he will be lucky not to start his career in the D-League.

We don't have much SF depth. Brown will definitely get some minutes.
RogerSterling7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:

If he deserves to start he will. If not, he won't. The Lakers don't Kwame Brown their young players.

The Lakers haven't had a top 2 pick since Worthy so that's some extremely flawed logic.
RogerSterling7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

It's not about caring about summer league, more to do with common sense.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:

The Lakers haven't had a top 2 pick since Worthy so that's some extremely flawed logic.

Russell is starting and I'd go as far as to say this is the year Kobe passes the torch. If I'm Russell I'm watching tape from the lakers last season. Every play broken down against every defense. Kobe and Russell are going to thrive together on the floor.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

There was nothing disappointing about Browns summer league play. He did exactly what he was drafted to do. He knows his role and he played within himself. He's a keeper.
RogerSterling7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

There was nothing disappointing about Browns summer league play. He did exactly what he was drafted to do. He knows his role and he played within himself. He's a keeper.

He was drafted to shoot 33% from the field and 25% from 3? I think he can do better (hopefully) which is why he disappointed.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

He was drafted to shoot 33% from the field and 25% from 3? I think he can do better (hopefully) which is why he disappointed.

Never mind, I assumed you knew that most rookies struggle with % in summer league.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

my only expectations out of randle is to play all 82 games @30mins/game

I care less of his stats
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 327 of 1536
Jump to: