Will the youngsters start?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

The starters will be:

Russell
Clarkson
Bryant
Bass
Hibbert
BigislandHank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

1st Team
1 - JC
2 - Kobe
3 - Randall
4 - Bass
5 - Hibbert

2nd Team
1 - Russell
2 - Williams
3 - Brown
4 - Nance
5 - Black

I think Young will be gone before we start the season.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Starting lineup:

Hibbert
Bass
Kobe
Clarkson
Russell

6-7th men
Lo
Randle

- Both Hibbert and Bass are experienced, can run play, not demand the ball. Hibbert is very tall and can be a good finisher under the basket. Bass can hit midrange jumper and spread the floor. They could be good compliment to our young backcourt duo.
- Kobe's offensive arsenal like 3s, midrange jumpers, post up etc would be good compliment too. They will provide plenty of option to our young duo and help them develop. Kobe can score, can run play with the veteran front court or help to control our pace.
- backcourt is too young in fact. But we have to give them more playing time to grow. They are very energetic. Clarkson can run fast break and penetrate. Russell can showcase his mid range jumper. With Hibbert under the basket, Bass' mid range jumper and Kobe's scoring weapons, they will get plent of help and have many options.
- if the backcourt progress well, then we can play Randle more or even trying to start him over Bass. But he is better coming off the bench and play controlled minutes at the beginning.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

Williams
Swaggy
A Brown
Bass
Black
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see Swaggy, Kelly & Sacre gone. I am not sure that Lou Williams & Swaggy P can coexist together. But neither are really starters either they are best as gunners off the bench and you only need one. Sacre hasn't gotten better and Kelly is a stretch 4 that can't shoot.

The only problem with dumping Swaggy is that the team only has 3 small forwards on the roster, assuming Kobe plays there. I honestly can't see Nance playing SF he doesn't have any skills to play out there. I still don't get that pick even now. Maybe he'll surprise me but looks to be Mark Madsen 2.0 just a better leaper.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

THE 3 AMIGOS WILL RIDE!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject:

It'll depend on team results, units, how they're performing in practice etc. Say what you want about Byron, but one thing about him, he lets younger unproven players get action over the vets if he feels the player is more deserving.

If they're trying on D, and working hard, I'm sure they'll get to start. However if the vets are showing better D and commitment, I can't see it happen.

Clarkson IMO will definitely start on opening day, at 2. Kobe at 3. Randle and Russ depends on how they look at camp vs Bass and Lou.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject:

Randle and Russell will start because they are the future.

Randle lost a year already but the game won't be too fast for him this season. He spent all last season scouting and watching tape. He will be fine and ready to start next season.

Russell loves watching tape so I'm sure he will know the offense inside and out by training camp. He's the #2 pick so he will def start. Cp3 started, kyrie started, and so will Russell.

There are also a few guys who will earn more minutes than most will expect.

Jabari brown
Larry nance JR
Anthony brown

Jabari brown knows what Byron Scott is expecting and he has the tools to deliver. Everyone knows that Jabari can score the basketball but not only will he have to score but he's going to have to play tough nosed defense. I think he will and I think he will force the lakers to find minutes for him.

Larry nance JR is just a Byron Scott type of player. Defense, hustle, and midrange shooting. Even though nance struggled from the midrange in SL don't expect that to continue. Nance was solid from that range in college and a couple of months working with NBA trainers should help with his consistency. If nance brings he normal energy, defense, and a consistent midrange jumper Byron will be forced to play him. We may see him at several different positions.

Anthony brown knows is role. If he plays to his strengths (3D) and young still thinks he's Kobe jr, don't be surprised if brown takes youngs minutes.

I can see a trade where bass and young are packaged to make room for these Guys sometime this season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
I would like to see Swaggy, Kelly & Sacre gone. I am not sure that Lou Williams & Swaggy P can coexist together. But neither are really starters either they are best as gunners off the bench and you only need one. Sacre hasn't gotten better and Kelly is a stretch 4 that can't shoot.

The only problem with dumping Swaggy is that the team only has 3 small forwards on the roster, assuming Kobe plays there. I honestly can't see Nance playing SF he doesn't have any skills to play out there. I still don't get that pick even now. Maybe he'll surprise me but looks to be Mark Madsen 2.0 just a better leaper.

Williams is much more than a gunner off the bench, he is also a good playmaker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: