OFFICIAL LOU WILLIAMS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject:

I think Lou is going to surprise a lot of people. He can create off the dribble, and has in the past, been a willing and able passer. What the team desperately needed last year was shot creation and we now have a few guys who can do that. I hope this will considerably ease Kobe's workload too.
I_ Dream_Of_Jeanie
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Lou is going to surprise a lot of people. He can create off the dribble, and has in the past, been a willing and able passer. What the team desperately needed last year was shot creation and we now have a few guys who can do that. I hope this will considerably ease Kobe's workload too.

Couldn't agree more. He's very saavy and knows how to get to the line. If I'm not mistaken he was fourth league wide in getting to the line. He also ranked 4th last season in total isolation points behind Harden, LeBron, and Kyrie. He also averaged more points per play as the pick-and-roll ballhandler than any guard in the league. More than CP3, Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Conley, Rose, etc.

Lou's also gonna make Russell earn it by kicking his @ss in practice. I expect this to be one of the main drivers for Russell's improvement. I would love to see 2 on 2 games of

Russell / Clarkson vs. Lou and Nick Young
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

Sweet Lou. . Excited to see him. Didn't get to watch much of him in Toronto, unfortunately. I think he'll do well here..
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The second half of the season, we pretty much only had one playmaker that could routinely create for himself and others. This year we have Kobe, Clarkson, Russell, Randle and Lou Will that can do that. Young can also create but only for himself. It should make everyone's life a lot easier and should definitely elevate efficiency.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The second half of the season, we pretty much only had one playmaker that could routinely create for himself and others. This year we have Kobe, Clarkson, Russell, Randle and Lou Will that can do that. Young can also create but only for himself. It should make everyone's life a lot easier and should definitely elevate efficiency.

Exactly. Another interesting duo is Lou/Jabari Brown in limited lineups, where Lou plays "PG." Both gunners but you're putting a lot of pressure on the defense.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Exactly. Another interesting duo is Lou/Jabari Brown in limited lineups, where Lou plays "PG." Both gunners but you're putting a lot of pressure on the defense.

thats 1 of the reason why i want N Young to start. only if he is putting effort on defense would i start him
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Our bench is going to be really good this season and I can't wait to see this lineup

Russell
Williams
Young
Bass
Hibbert

I just don't think anyone in the NBA could stop these guys from scoring. Russell setting these guys up will be sweet.

Bass. PnP

Young n Williams off screens

Hibbert catching oops.

I really want us to get another center to back up Hibbert. Is javale McGee available? He would be nice at 20 MPG
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Our bench is going to be really good this season and I can't wait to see this lineup

Russell
Williams
Young
Bass
Hibbert

I just don't think anyone in the NBA could stop these guys from scoring. Russell setting these guys up will be sweet.

Bass. PnP

Hibbert catching oops.

I really want us to get another center to back up Hibbert. Is javale McGee available? He would be nice at 20 MPG

This is the lineup I'm actually most excited to see. I actually think lou complements russell better than clarkson, and swaggyp better than kobe since they give better spacing as better 3pt shooters. Lou can also drive and handle the ball when need be. Then like u said bass is an experienced pick setter/player. Hope that lineup gets run.

I do think clarkson will pair up with dlo better going forward though as he keeps improving, because I see clarkson surpassing lou eventually.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, I see that lineup for one 4-6 minute rotation per half so that Clarkson doesn't have to spend too much time off the floor with Russell on, and vice versa.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Russell
Williams
Young
Bass
Hibbert

Bass. PnP

Hibbert catching oops.

This is the lineup I'm actually most excited to see. I actually think lou complements russell better than clarkson, and swaggyp better than kobe since they give better spacing as better 3pt shooters. Lou can also drive and handle the ball when need be. Then like u said bass is an experienced pick setter/player. Hope that lineup gets run.

I do think clarkson will pair up with dlo better going forward though as he keeps improving, because I see clarkson surpassing lou eventually.

Exactly the problem is that in the starting lineup Russell will spend most of his time off the ball with Randle, clarkson and Kobe in the lineup. I would rest Russell first and when everyone else comes out bring Russell back with that lineup.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

clarkson
williams
kobe
nance
hibbert

no doubt will be our best players next season. Nance has the highest IQ (doesnt have the offensive skills) but is a beast on defense. He is like a battier at PF and more athletic. If he develops a good 3pt shot him and randle could play together.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Russell
Williams
Young
Bass
Hibbert

Bass. PnP

Hibbert catching oops.

Exactly the problem is that in the starting lineup Russell will spend most of his time off the ball with Randle, clarkson and Kobe in the lineup. I would rest Russell first and when everyone else comes out bring Russell back with that lineup.

If Russell is playing off the ball a lot as a starter then, that is a problem of his aggressiveness. Be an aggressive player and the ball will find you. Even in Summer League Russell said he wasn't aggressive enough. I guess we'll see how it goes in preseason.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Scoring 51 is always impressive I think Lou is gonna have a good handful of big outburst scoring games this season.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject:

You have to be a pretty good player to be 6th man of the year in the NBA playing in the frozen North.

That said, I have no idea how he fits with this roster but that is probably irrelevant.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Lou Williams comments on D. Russell and J. Clarkson
Quote:
“They’re just ready to work,” Williams said. “One thing I can say about these guys is they come in with their ears open, eyes wide and ready to listen and learn. At the same time, they’re trying to prove themselves against veteran guys such as myself.

“It’s been some of the same experiences I remember from when I was coming into the league; just trying to prove my name and, at the same time, trying to learn from everybody else.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lou-williams-on-russell-clarkson-theyre-just-ready-to-work/2015/09/20/
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject:

I hope they don't give meaningful minutes to any guard outside of Clarkson, Russell, and Lou (sorry Jabari! Maybe squeeze into some small SF lineups instead).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Williams says he’ll embrace whatever role he’s given by Byron Scott in 2015-16.

Quote:
The 10-year veteran thinks he’ll thrive with the Los Angeles Lakers, and says his new teammates are hungry to bounce back from a terrible 21-61 campaign

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/new-laker-lou-williams-says-raptors-play-a-lot-of-iso-ball/#cj0AstmHXPVHqcQo.99
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I hope they don't give meaningful minutes to any guard outside of Clarkson, Russell, and Lou (sorry Jabari! Maybe squeeze into some small SF lineups instead).

I'd lean toward giving Huertas a rotation per half so that Clarkson and Russell can spend more time together.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I would be intrigued to see a "small ball" second unit of:

Huertas/Williams/Young/Nance/ Black.

Defensively they should be pesky enough to bother most 2nd units they face. But offensively could be very interesting and fun to watch.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I would be intrigued to see a "small ball" second unit of:

Huertas/Williams/Young/Nance/ Black.

Defensively they should be pesky enough to bother most 2nd units they face. But offensively could be very interesting and fun to watch.

I'm kind of leaning toward a starting unit of bigs comprised of Hibbert and Bass, the better to space the floor for Russell and Clarkson, and to allow Kobe the ability to operate in the mid post at times.

Go with Huertas, Lou, Young, Randle, and Black as a high energy attcking second unit with great corner 3 shooting and some good pick and roll tandems.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

I'd lean toward giving Huertas a rotation per half so that Clarkson and Russell can spend more time together.

Brain cramp, I forgot about Huertas. Yeah, I think he deserves minutes, but I'd also see the young guys and Lou all get around 30 each. Then again Lou won SMOY at just 25 min per game, so I guess there is enough to go around.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

Lou Williams: Kobe Looks Like Himself at Practice

Quote:
(Kobe) Bryant, who participated in the first of two practices at the Stan Sheriff Center on Thursday, was predictably more involved in the offense, even while D’Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson take care of the ball handling.

“Looked like Kobe to me,” new teammate Lou Williams said. “He looks like the guy I’ve always been used to watching growing up, and today was no different.”

Source: Bill Oram of The Orange County Register
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
You have to be a pretty good player to be 6th man of the year in the NBA playing in the frozen North.

That said, I have no idea how he fits with this roster but that is probably irrelevant.

I don't see how he doesn't fit. His recent success was a 1-on-1 player. That's Byron's alley.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Russell
Williams
Young
Bass
Hibbert

Bass. PnP

Hibbert catching oops.

If Russell is playing off the ball a lot as a starter then, that is a problem of his aggressiveness. Be an aggressive player and the ball will find you. Even in Summer League Russell said he wasn't aggressive enough. I guess we'll see how it goes in preseason.

Most of his mistakes in the SL were from over-aggressiveness IMO. Hopefully there's more structure this season, and games don't devolve into a pick-up game at Venice beach as they've looked so far under Byron's watch. Some players on the floor do have to play intelligently.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 8 of 43
Jump to: