Another investigation into Patriots cheating (Judge overturns Brady suspension, pg.18)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It depends on whether any of the images were stored in the cloud or sent to someone else. If they were just on his phone, then yeah, they can be lost.

Think maybe he had some compromising selfies with Gisele he didn't want the world to see was the reason he broke his phone?

Honestly, you may be dead on the money, except that the selfies may not be with Gisele. I have actually had a client destroy evidence for the reason that you suggest. It was stupid, and it cost him dearly in court. But at the time, it just seemed like the right thing to do, in his mind.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

Kevin Seifert:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/172620/robert-kraft-ready-to-fight

Quote:
Once again, it's on. This is civil war.

An enraged Robert Kraft reopened the door Wednesday morning to every NFL Armageddon scenario imaginable, right up to the eventual ouster of commissioner Roger Goodell.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

that Patroits franchise is getting on my nerve. they're like spoiled brat that thinks they can't do anything wrong. they need to remember, they're in the elite status now because of the infamous Tuck Rule call in their favor. who knows how Brady gonna panned out without that call, maybe they gone back with Bledsoe the following season and become a mediocre team after that. they should be grateful for where they at right now, stop cheating or at least owning up to it when get caught.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

^^^^^^^ IA they should have owned up. I repeat all teams cheat. The Pats problem is they got caught.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Think maybe he had some compromising selfies with Brad he didn't want the world to see was the reason he broke his phone?

Fixed
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject:

As the facts come out its pretty evident they were in on it....destroying cell phones, Pats owner and coaches getting salty.....its awfully familiar.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

So in this case, either the Patsies or Goodell get screwed. Talk about a win-win.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
So in this case, either the Patsies or Goodell get screwed. Talk about a win-win.

I vote for Both.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
rwongega wrote:

I vote for Both.

I do too but dreams almost never come true.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^^^^ IA they should have owned up. I repeat all teams cheat. The Pats problem is they got caught.

I don't concede that ALL teams cheat. The ones we know of, did they 'win' three Super Bowls knowing where the other team's defense was blitzing from, or their coverages, or their stunts?

New England is in a league of their own when it comes to cheating.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't concede that ALL teams cheat. The ones we know of, did they 'win' three Super Bowls knowing where the other team's defense was blitzing from, or their coverages, or their stunts?

New England is in a league of their own when it comes to cheating.

IA New England has the book on cheating. Bill Belichick is a master. He also has Brady and a good team behind him to win SB.

I say all teams cheat but there are levels they don't pass. Bill has gone beyond where some coaches will go.

Maybe all is a bit extreme.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

So there is reports out there that the footballs weren't actually deflated at all? The data was incorrect
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

A judge wants them to compromise, and I think the NFL was willing to compromise, we will see what happens. If Brady apologies, I think the suspension gets reduced to 2 games.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/03/tom-brady-will-appear-in-court-on-the-12th/

Quote:
Tom Brady will appear in court on the 12th

It may not have been smart for Tom Brady to destroy/dismantle/whatever his phone, but he’ll be doing the smart thing next Wednesday. According to Albert Breer of NFL Media, Brady will appear in court on August 12, for the first of two settlement conferences with Judge Richard M. Berman.

Albert Breer of NFL Media, whose tweets regarding the possibility of Brady participating by phone kicked up a mini-storm of something other than sand, reports that Brady will attend in person and that “was always the plan.”

But if it was always the plan, there should have been no reason for anyone to inquire regarding the procedure for appearing by phone. And there should have been no reason for the NFLPA to explain it would “follow Brady’s guidance.”

Our guess is that the NFLPA poked around about participating by phone because Brady asked to do it that way, and that the NFLPA heard enough to reconfirm the notion that it wouldn’t have been wise to seek permission to not attend.

The wisest move would have been to not even poke around. Merely asking the question can create a question about how committed a litigant is to doing what the judge wants. The best approach in these cases always is to show a full and unconditional commitment to attend whenever and wherever the judge requests.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Tom's gotum waffling. When Kraft came to Brady's aid other owners got a little jittery. Tom's agenda, make noise so Goodell looks bad, take a deal, 1 2 game suspension. Mission accomplished.

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
So there is reports out there that the footballs weren't actually deflated at all? The data was incorrect

It appears the NFL leaked false information, and tried to win the argument based of perception rather than reality. This was obvious from the start, the Wells Report basically stated that they don't know if Tom Brady had anything to do with deflating the footballs.

This entire investigation is a joke, from a scientific or legal perspective.

The NFL/ESPN deserve each other, fitting couple. The NFL wants to be a year long subject, fabrication of news is one way, but they went overboard with this story.

Spygate,bountygate,deflategate. The NFL wants this imo, but they literally fabricated the entire story this time.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

It appears the NFL leaked false information, and tried to win the argument based of perception rather than reality. This was obvious from the start, the Wells Report basically stated that they don't know if Tom Brady had anything to do with deflating the footballs.

The NFL/ESPN deserve each other, fitting couple. The NFL wants to be a year long subject, fabrication of news is one way, but they went overboard with this story.

Spygate,bountygate,deflategate. The NFL wants this imo, but they literally fabricated the entire story this time.

The NFL has come to the realization that any news, good or bad or really awful, is good for the NFL, at least for the foreseeable future. ESPN wants high ratings, so that's why we keep hearing about this non-story for months. They spent about 12 hours straight talking about Brady the other day when the news came out that his appeal was denied. I can't remember how many times I saw Sal Paolantonio and his incredibly white teeth on my TV saying the same exact thing. And I didn't even watch it the entire time, I'd tune to the channel every now and then to see if they're still talking about it. And then, when they go to commercials, they say "Baseball Rules on ESPN" Yeah, right.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/04/ravens-assistant-alerted-colts-to-issue-with-footballs/

Quote:
Ravens assistant alerted Colts to issue with footballs

In the days before they played the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, the Colts were alerted by the Ravens to pay special attention to potential problems with the game balls.

Colts equipment manager Sean Sullivan sent an email to G.M. Ryan Grigson before the AFC Championship saying that the Ravens’ special teams coach, Jerry Rosburg, had called Colts head coach Chuck Pagano to warn him of potential problems with game balls. According to the email, the Ravens had problems in their own playoff loss to the Patriots the week before, and urged the Colts to be careful.

“Two concerns came up as of yesterday on footballs at New England,” Sullivan wrote, via Ben Volin of the Boston Globe. “First off the special teams coordinator from the Baltimore Ravens called Coach Pagano and said that they had issues last week at the game that when they were kicking (Baltimore that is) they were given new footballs instead of the ones that were prepared correctly.”

Sullivan then added that the Patriots are known to play fast and loose with the rules regarding the game balls.

“As far as the gameballs are concerned it is well known around the league that after the Patriots gameballs are checked by the officials and brought out for game usage the ballboys for the patriots will let out some air with a ball needle because their quarterback likes a smaller football so he can grip it better, it would be great if someone would be able to check the air in the game balls as the game goes on so that they don’t get an illegal advantage,” Sullivan wrote.

If it was “well known around the league” that the Patriots were breaking the rules about game balls, at Tom Brady’s request, it’s baffling that it never became public until Deflategate broke out after the AFC Championship Game. But Sullivan’s email makes clear that this was an issue the Colts were bracing for heading into the game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

I understand that a rule is a rule, but I also recognize that a dumb rule is a dumb rule.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to know Brady's hand measurements. I think that has more to to with accuracy than deflated balls. There are most likely QB's with small hands who are accurate but I believe larger hands have more control over the ball.

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

The NFL has come to the realization that any news, good or bad or really awful, is good for the NFL, at least for the foreseeable future. ESPN wants high ratings, so that's why we keep hearing about this non-story for months. They spent about 12 hours straight talking about Brady the other day when the news came out that his appeal was denied. I can't remember how many times I saw Sal Paolantonio and his incredibly white teeth on my TV saying the same exact thing. And I didn't even watch it the entire time, I'd tune to the channel every now and then to see if they're still talking about it. And then, when they go to commercials, they say "Baseball Rules on ESPN" Yeah, right.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/05/pft-live-nfl-reached-deflategate-decision-without-enough-evidence/

I don't know what is more shocking, they decided to investigate deflated balls, don't understand PV=NRT or thought "We probably don't know if Tom Brady deflated footballs" was good enough for a 4 game suspension.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It depends on whether any of the images were stored in the cloud or sent to someone else. If they were just on his phone, then yeah, they can be lost.

Think maybe he had some compromising selfies with Gisele he didn't want the world to see was the reason he broke his phone?

Honestly, you may be dead on the money, except that the selfies may not be with Gisele. I have actually had a client destroy evidence for the reason that you suggest. It was stupid, and it cost him dearly in court. But at the time, it just seemed like the right thing to do, in his mind.

Now we are seeing what a joke this investigation is. The NFL said they only wanted emails regarding deflategate, but now we see leaks of emails about subjects that have nothing to do with that. The NFL commissioner is a freakin joke.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Now we are seeing what a joke this investigation is. The NFL said they only wanted emails regarding deflategate, but now we see leaks of emails about subjects that have nothing to do with that. The NFL commissioner is a freakin joke.

I think there's more to this than meets they eye otherwise Kraft wouldn't have relented so easily with the loss of draft picks.

As far as the emails the NFLPA released them but yeah they have nothing to do with the investigation so why did they release them?

The only email I had an issue with was him saying he had 7-8 more years left. The delusion is strong on that one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

What I have heard, and what I believe, is that Kraft accepted the team penalties with the expectation that the league would reduce the suspension. When Goodall didn't, Kraft responded as he did.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Tom's gotum waffling. When Kraft came to Brady's aid other owners got a little jittery. Tom's agenda, make noise so Goodell looks bad, take a deal, 1 2 game suspension. Mission accomplished.

For who? Brady wants no games. The NFL was fine with 2 games if Brady admitted guilt. If Brady get 2 game and doesn't admit guilt, NFL still wins (slightly).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 17 of 24
Jump to: