General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Bradley vs. Rios on November 7? I like it
http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/8/2/9085867/bradley-vs-rios-fight-possible-for-november

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Yup. Just like I thought, Showtime PPV, not CBS Free TV as mentioned on early rumors. As mentioned before, no way I could see advertisers lining up to pay for ad time on this one:

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Boxing_News/News-0804d15.htm

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Yup. Just like I thought, Showtime PPV, not CBS Free TV as mentioned on early rumors. As mentioned before, no way I could see advertisers lining up to pay for ad time on this one:

The buys will be interesting. I won't be one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

The buys will be interesting. I won't be one.

I haven't bought a Floyd fight since De La Hoya. That's when he stopped being more entertaining in the ring and just more entertaining outside the ring.

Not sure how many people remember, but there was one time pre-cash cow days, where Floyd was on a regular broadcast and while he was in the middle of the fight, he was listening to the commentators talking about football and while next to the ropes, waiting for his opponent to come get him, he looked over and gave the commentators his pick for the football game. Right after that, he landed a 3 punch combination and slipped a punch to re-set. It was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen from a pro-boxer.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

^^^^^ I think Floyd's big money days are a thing of the past. His style and personality don't make him a fighter people will pay to see. After the Pacquiao fiasco his stock went south in a hurry.

The way he spends I hope he has the wherewithal to reduce his spending and has made investments to assure he can maintain his present lifestyle.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Last Floyd fight I bought was Canelo. Garcia and Matthysse was on that card as well.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Last Floyd fight I bought was Canelo. Garcia and Matthysse was on that card as well.

Initially was going to buy, but ended up making a night out of it w/ some cousins. Still my favorite place to watch PPV's...Q's Billiards in WLA. Best of all, we got there pretty early, so no cover!

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Boxing starts tonight! Found the broadcast as a Boxeo broadcast, but not regular fox sports.

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

I'll definitely be buying tickets to this one, if it's finalized:

http://goo.gl/vMcNCf

And I'll be rocking my Forum Boxing Club T-shirt that I bought at the GGG fight. Even though I still think StubHub is a better boxing venue, The Forum was still cool.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Brian Viloria is gonna get a shot at Chocolatito!

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/13678/vilioria-the-favorite-to-land-shot-at-flyweight-champ-gonzalez

I don't know if he'll pull off the upset, but it'll definitely be a big step up in competition for Chocolatito.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

It's official

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/13430463/miguel-cotto-defend-middleweight-title-canelo-alvarez-nov-21

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

Gonzalez vs. Viloria was confirmed for the GGG vs. Lemieux undercard!

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/13416223/roman-chocolatito-gonzalez-defend-flyweight-title-versus-brian-viloria-oct-17

I think that fight might steal the show and be way more competitive than the GGG vs. Lemieux fight. I'm rooting for Viloria, since he's a Fil-Am and also lives in LA now (and now trains under Freddie), but Chocolatito is a monster. Gonna be a good PPV.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

Boxing schedule for this weekend:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

I forgot that Cunningham vs. Tarver was on Friday.

And Bute finally fighting again, on Saturday, after getting injured before he was supposed to make his debut training under Freddie last year. He since moved on and is no longer training at Wild Card.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

This next fight isn't Floyd's last.
He has to fight Pac-man again and go 50-0.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I think Floyd has every right to choose a chump for his "last fight" but he won't get a buy from me again. Doesn't mean I have to agree though.

His style these days is not entertaining.

Will be interesting to see if people don't buy out of protest.

Bye.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject:

Maybe 350k buys.

ROC Nation making a pretty big splash with Cotto-Alvarez. Gonna be a good scrap hopefully. Winner may fight GGG-Lemieux winner.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Marco Huck got dropped late. Had that fight won and got caught. Bad way to lose.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Marco Huck got dropped late. Had that fight won and got caught. Bad way to lose.

Yup, although from the get go, I wasn't too impressed with Marco Huck. It's no wonder that Roy Jones was trying to get a fight with him for his belt. Lots of holes in Huck's game and he got exposed.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Maybe 350k buys.

ROC Nation making a pretty big splash with Cotto-Alvarez. Gonna be a good scrap hopefully. Winner may fight GGG-Lemieux winner.

Glad Cotto-Alvarez was finalized.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

Should have some really good scraps coming up. Looking forward to that Lemieux-GGG fight. I think it's already sold out.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Should have some really good scraps coming up. Looking forward to that Lemieux-GGG fight. I think it's already sold out.

Yup, but this weekend is pretty scarce. Oh, next weekend is the Mosley vs. Mayorga PPV!...

Yeah, dough, I was on the verge of booking a flight to NY and get tickets for the fight through my buddy, but don't think that's happening anymore. I don't mind paying for that PPV at all. Chocolatito vs. Viloria might be the more entertaining of the two main fights (well, lets say more competitive).

I will likely support Cotto vs. Canelo also.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Yup, but this weekend is pretty scarce. Oh, next weekend is the Mosley vs. Mayorga PPV!...

Yeah, dough, I was on the verge of booking a flight to NY and get tickets for the fight through my buddy, but don't think that's happening anymore. I don't mind paying for that PPV at all. Chocolatito vs. Viloria might be the more entertaining of the two main fights (well, lets say more competitive).

This weekend sucks. However, next weekend is Mares vs. Santa Cruz, which should be one of the best fights this year.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

This weekend sucks. However, next weekend is Mares vs. Santa Cruz, which should be one of the best fights this year.

Basically ....... both need this fight and win badly. Santa Cruz really haven't been fighting anyone, I guess waiting for Rigo; and Mares was stumbling all over the place against Gonzales. I don't even remember his last three wins. I remember Gonzales setting that ass up in the first round and had his eyes looking like mine when I first wake up ......
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Basically ....... both need this fight and win badly. Santa Cruz really haven't been fighting anyone, I guess waiting for Rigo; and Mares was stumbling all over the place against Gonzales. I don't even remember his last three wins. I remember Gonzales setting that ass up in the first round and had his eyes looking like mine when I first wake up ......

Yup, this is a big step up for Santa Cruz. He hasn't looked impressive against lesser opponents recently (although, I wonder if he was draining himself too much to make 122). Mares, I always felt he was a little 'bit overrated. His first win against Agbeko, my balls hurt too! And Russell Mora, always the greatest referee (sarcasm), tried to say that one of the punches was only slightly low due to Mares' glove deflecting off Agbeko's glove...and I can see that justification, if that punch wasn't an uppercut to Agbeko's chode!...LOL. Nonetheless, it should definitely be an entertaining fight and I don't really know who wins. Santa Cruz is going up in weight, Mares didn't even show great power at 122, but both definitely come to fight and mix it up.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

This weekend sucks.

Yeah, this weekend is oddly scarce. Not even a televised fight tonight, which would've been okay, since UFC is tomorrow.

There's one card televised on Unimas though, but just prospects I've never heard of.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 389 of 514
Jump to: