Jordan Hill Arrested for Reckless Driving (107 mph) - video

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Jordan Hill Arrested for Reckless Driving (107 mph) - video

Indiana Pacers forward Jordan Hill was arrested on reckless driving charges in Atlanta, president of basketball operations Larry Bird said in a statement Friday.

"We have been informed Jordan was arrested for allegedly reckless driving in Atlanta, Georgia," Bird said. "It is obvious we don't condone this. We will address this with Jordan. This is a major concern of safety, not just for Jordan, but for others."

Mike Petchenik of WSB provided a dashboard cam view of Hill allegedly driving at a speed in excess of 100 mph:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2536429-jordan-hill-arrested-for-reckless-driving-latest-details-and-reaction
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Jordan Hill Arrested (nonviolent)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13356522/jordan-hill-indiana-pacers-arrested-georgia-reckless-driving
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject:

is this lakers news when he is a pacer?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject:

I've always disliked jordan hill
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject:

the non violent disclaimer
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject:

And in other Pacer news....

Coach Vogel and Larry Bird defended Hill by claiming that "Hill was only following our instructions to play at a quicker pace."
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

Lol classic Jordan Hill. So dumb that he goes 107 in decently thick traffic right in front of a cop, who catches it all on dash cam. What a (bleep) idiot.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject:

Screw-up.
Love&Peace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:

That was some heavy traffic... and why was he wearing no shirt... come on man

Russell. Williams
Clarkson. JBrown
Kobe. Young
Randle. Bass
Hibbert. Black
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
is this lakers news when he is a pacer?

Posted in General Basketball Discussion.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

WOW, that looked really dangerous.

Shame on him.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject:

Stupid idiot no brain kid.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

Black guy with Dreads in a Range Rover with no shirt. Way to keep it low profile JHill... you're not asking to be profiled at all. Dumbass.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

The fact that he wasn't drunk almost makes this worse.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I've been arrested for reckless driving. No big whoop.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Love&Peace wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

That was some heavy traffic... and why was he wearing no shirt... come on man

I have LOLd every time I've read this post.

But yeah he was dealing with legal troubles when he was first coming to the Lakers. He has issues and he needs to get it together.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:

There have been more than enough NBA players who've died in car accidents since 2000 for any twit to purposely hit 107. Derrick Coleman almost got his buddy Eldridge Recasner killed. JR Smith was responsible for the death of his passenger/friend. Malik Sealy, Drazen Petrovic died in accidents. Bobby Hurley nearly died in one. Eddie Griffin of Minnesota collided with a train. Rodney Rogers is paralyzed due to an ATV flipover. Jay Williams began his commenting career early thanks to motorcycle silliness.

Bobby Phills died while probably racing on the freeway with a teammate. That's the one that resonates most because it was a case of willfully reckless speed. There's too much carnage in the NBA by itself. It should be learned from, but you know how that goes, Dladi. Fun > caution.

I know that there are dozens of pro athletes who've driven recklessly at some point. We just don't know about them all. Sedale Threatt had a story about Mike driving him in his Ferarri at 88 mph in a mall parking lot or something of that sort. Sedale talked about it on a podcast. Actually, Mike doing some batty speed in a residential because he wanted to show Sedale how he was immune to DWB. Kareem talked about spinning out on an LA freeway in the early morning whilst on coke. He had the courage to admit it in his bio and to use it as a piece of advice for any kid who was to read the book, that's exactly what he said in a pregm interview about it. I peep any sports doc that's on telly, Dladi. Trust your homie here, there are tons of horror stories involving car accidents throughout sports. Another off the top of my head: boxer Ken Norton flew off an offramp and was in a coma for 2-3 yrs. Totally f'd him up for the rest of his life.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

There have been more than enough NBA players who've died in car accidents since 2000 for any twit to purposely hit 107. Derrick Coleman almost got his buddy Eldridge Recasner killed. JR Smith was responsible for the death of his passenger/friend. Malik Sealy, Drazen Petrovic died in accidents. Bobby Hurley nearly died in one. Eddie Griffin of Minnesota collided with a train. Rodney Rogers is paralyzed due to an ATV flipover. Jay Williams began his commenting career early thanks to motorcycle silliness.

Bobby Phills died while probably racing on the freeway with a teammate. That's the one that resonates most because it was a case of willfully reckless speed. There's too much carnage in the NBA by itself. It should be learned from, but you know how that goes, Dladi. Fun > caution.

I know that there are dozens of pro athletes who've driven recklessly at some point. We just don't know about them all. Sedale Threatt had a story about Mike driving him in his Ferarri at 88 mph in a mall parking lot or something of that sort. Sedale talked about it on a podcast. Actually, Mike doing some batty speed in a residential because he wanted to show Sedale how he was immune to DWB. Kareem talked about spinning out on an LA freeway in the early morning whilst on coke. He had the courage to admit it in his bio and to use it as a piece of advice for any kid who was to read the book, that's exactly what he said in a pregm interview about it. I peep any sports doc that's on telly, Dladi. Trust your homie here, there are tons of horror stories involving car accidents throughout sports. Another off the top of my head: boxer Ken Norton flew off an offramp and was in a coma for 2-3 yrs. Totally f'd him up for the rest of his life.

Good post NPZ. No sympathy for Hill here either. I get scared when I drive at 70 mph, especially on freeways. I can't imagine going 107. Really (bleep) ing stupid and dangerous mistake, Jordan.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
I've been arrested for reckless driving. No big whoop.

Unrepentant ignorance is no way to go through life young sir.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:

Good post NPZ. No sympathy for Hill here either. I get scared when I drive at 70 mph, especially on freeways. I can't imagine going 107. Really (bleep) ing stupid and dangerous mistake, Jordan.

Same. I used to drive in the fast lane, now I drive in the first lane. I'm in that unpleasant age range where my youthful testosterone and invincibility seem like forever ago, haha. I can't even remember how I was 20+ yrs ago. I used to do about 75-85 on my commute every day and even at that speed, if you have the open road to accommodate it, there will always be at least one ahole who rides up your tail doing 90+. I think more years of driving experience (seeing a lot of bad stuff on the road) and that sense that most of us acquire through age where we finally come to understand the fleeting quality of life. That all gradually brought me down to 65. Back in 2005 we had an OT thread on that pretty teen girl who flipped a Porsche and her head was crushed. Maybe you'll remember that one, her family successfully got most of her accident scene pics off the internet. I've seen way too many scenes of tragedy here and there, mostly thanks to the internets. That kinda stuff serves as a healthy safety reminder. Forgot to mention Paul Walker above. Car guy...

Here's a snippet about the Bobby Phills situation:
CHARLOTTE, NC
--David Wesley of the Charlotte Hornets will be charged in the drag-racing death of his teammate, Bobby Phills. Assistant District Attorney Anne Tompkins said yesterday that she was not sure when the two misdemeanor charges would be filed.
The police said Wesley was driving his Porsche at more than 100 miles per hour and with a suspended license when he was racing Phills. Phills lost control of his car and collided with another car on January 12, 2000 in a crash outside the team's arena after practice.
Phills and Wesley were driving ''in an erratic, reckless, careless, negligent or aggressive manner,'' and the men were ''involved in a speed competition before the collision,'' a police report said.
Speed competition, also called drag racing, and reckless driving are each punishable by up to two months in jail and a $1,000 fine. Motorists convicted of speed competition can also lose their licenses for up to a year.

Here's the article on Ken Norton Sr's crash. Wow. He was fortunate to come out. He died a couple years ago along with Joe Frazier. The two toughest opponents Ali ever faced.
http://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-26/sports/sp-7367_1_fighter

He was driving a Clenet Excalibur. This is pimpin.
http://tinyurl.com/ogs3mem
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject:

do any of you guys drive shirtless? I have never done that by choice. it looks unsophisticated to not wear a shirt in public. unless your going to a beach... even than I wear a tank
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

Seeing someone drive like that is a daily occurrence during my commute.
Not condoning this but they could arrest people all day every for this.
DanielCollins
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

What if he hit someone? Stupid kid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: