It must be fun to learn the game from Jerry West

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: It must be fun to learn the game from Jerry West

Harrison Barnes & Jerry West workout

Jerry comes at 1:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

What the hell are they doing at our training facility!!! Who allowed that to happen?!?!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

that's a private gym at someone's house in Beverly hills
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Barnes is a weird case. He is crazy athletic. He has good size. He can do a little bit of everything, but doesn't excel at anything except corner 3's. He should be more than a D and 3 player, but he seems to just make things up as he goes. Jerry did seem to help Barnes. He seemed more in control last season. Part of that may be that he didn't have to create offense for himself last season versus the year before.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Barnes is pretty interesting mentally. I saw him take and hit some really clutch shots for them throughout the year and clearly in the playoffs. At those times, his decision making seems really clear even when he misses. . I was as impressed by his rookie season as I was surprised by his sophomore slump given the low pressure demands. Good to see him come through later, and wanted him for us. For a young nonsuperstar fella, he expects a lot from himself, though the team doesn't have a huge need for consistent numbers. I like his poise.

Working with Jerry as a mentor...just follow his advice.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

He does seem to be able to focus, Focus, in the big moments. That's a good observation. It is probably one reason that they want to keep him, too.

I think part of his sophomore slump was that he was supposed to be the man on the second unit. They would give him the ball in iso situations. He just isn't that kind of player yet. Most good scorers have certain shots and areas on the floor where they are difficult to stop. After 3 seasons of watching HB in the NBA, I don't have a clue what that is for him yet.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Oh damn, I wish that were my house!
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
He does seem to be able to focus, Focus, in the big moments. That's a good observation. It is probably one reason that they want to keep him, too.

I think part of his sophomore slump was that he was supposed to be the man on the second unit. They would give him the ball in iso situations. He just isn't that kind of player yet.Most good scorers have certain shots and areas on the floor where they are difficult to stop. After 3 seasons of watching HB in the NBA, I don't have a clue what that is for him yet.

Looked like he was working on it with Jerry liking what he saw.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
22 wrote:

!

Jack Nicholson?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
kwase wrote:
22 wrote:

!

Jack Nicholson?

Steve Jackson (LA Gear)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
kwase wrote:
22 wrote:

!

Jack Nicholson?

Steve Jackson (LA Gear)

that's whats up!!! need to rock some LA gears now for daily wear
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:

I think part of his sophomore slump was that he was supposed to be the man on the second unit. They would give him the ball in iso situations. He just isn't that kind of player yet.Most good scorers have certain shots and areas on the floor where they are difficult to stop. After 3 seasons of watching HB in the NBA, I don't have a clue what that is for him yet.

He is still very young, an explosive athlete, if not a very fluid one, and a hard worker by all accounts. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets, given the skyrocketing cap. Green just got $16 million per year. Maybe Barnes will get $12 mil?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
focus wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:

He is still very young, an explosive athlete, if not a very fluid one, and a hard worker by all accounts. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets, given the skyrocketing cap. Green just got $16 million per year. Maybe Barnes will get $12 mil?

If he has another good year he'll likely get maxed considering the market.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
focus wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:

If he has another good year he'll likely get maxed considering the market.

I was thinking $12 mil, maybe $14, if the W's get an extension done. If he waits and becomes a RFA, there isn't any telling what the market might do. Teams are going to have a lot to spend. It is a new world where someone like Barnes could get a max contract. If you are the W's, do you match a max contract for HB?
DanielCollins
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

This is amazing.. Harrison is great and the man in the making
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: