OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Anyone interested in seeing some full game footage of Larry nance jr should check out this game. The first half nance is pretty quiet and the player he was guarding was talking a lot of trash. He came out a whole other animal in the second half and showed why the lakers thought he was deserving of a first round pick. He was pretty damn good in the second half and his defense really is very good.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
http://youtu.be/3o_T-_wEzr4

Anyone interested in seeing some full game footage of Larry nance jr should check out this game. The first half nance is pretty quiet and the player he was guarding was talking a lot of trash. He came out a whole other animal in the second half and showed why the lakers thought he was deserving of a first round pick. He was pretty damn good in the second half and his defense really is very good.

The offense that Nance's team was running looked godawful, from the bits that I watched.

Nance's shooting form looked better in college.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

60 seconds with Larry Nance Jr

lol @ D'Angelo swooping in like a vulture twice.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
http://youtu.be/3o_T-_wEzr4

The offense that Nance's team was running looked godawful, from the bits that I watched.

Nance's shooting form looked better in college.

They were pretty bad offensively but they are really good defensively.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:

So these videos were made while they were still in Vegas?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

That's my guess too.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

That's my guess too.

Makes me wonder how upshaw looked so skinny. I guess it was the camera angle.
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

That's my guess too.

Makes me wonder how upshaw looked so skinny. I guess it was the camera angle.

He just hadn't rehydrated yet.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I like this interview because Madson gives us a little insight on what type of player he sees nance as.

In this next highlight video of Larry nance shows why the lakers think he's so special. He can literally do a little of everything out there on the court. I didn't know his handle was that good and it makes me wonder how good he could really be if he ever masters that jumper

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

Larry nance jr Suns workout interview. This reporter asked all the right questions.

Nance see's himself as a 4 in the NBA by hopes that teams see his potential to play the 3 down the road. I hope so too!!

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I like this interview because Madson gives us a little insight on what type of player he sees nance as.

In this next highlight video of Larry nance shows why the lakers think he's so special. He can literally do a little of everything out there on the court. I didn't know his handle was that good and it makes me wonder how good he could really be if he ever masters that jumper

I wouldn't have to wonder how good he could be if he "masters" his jumper. He would be in consideration for top 3 steals of the 2015 draft.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I wouldn't have to wonder how good he could be if he "masters" his jumper. He would be in consideration for top 3 steals of the 2015 draft.

I'm starting to really think he could do it because he shot around 33 % almost every year of college. Maybe it's just a matter of him getting comfortable out there enough to shoot with confidence. Hopefully he's putting in the hours of work necessary to make that happen because I have high hopes for this kid.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Good interview with Nance about his Crohns disease.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2015/07/30/larry-nance-jr-crohns-mix-fonted.nba/
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I wonder why I didn't see Nance today at NBA Rookies Photo Shoot day.

Edit: Found out why. He was at his friend's wedding. Impressive he made that choice!!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I'm starting to really think he could do it because he shot around 33 % almost every year of college. Maybe it's just a matter of him getting comfortable out there enough to shoot with confidence. Hopefully he's putting in the hours of work necessary to make that happen because I have high hopes for this kid.

I watched enough film of him to conclude that he did not shoot in the same manner or mechanics in the SL as he did in college. I think most of it was nerves, learning a new system & team mates, and just thinking too much, like all the rest of them especially D'Angelo.

It was expected. When he settles down, and really plays on instinct, everyone will then know why the Lakers selected him.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I watched enough film of him to conclude that he did not shoot in the same manner or mechanics in the SL as he did in college. I think most of it was nerves, learning a new system & team mates, and just thinking too much, like all the rest of them especially D'Angelo.

It was expected. When he settles down, and really plays on instinct, everyone will then know why the Lakers selected him.

Agree
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
http://youtu.be/w8Wiq-POmFA

I thought this was pretty interesting since Larry nance also has a 12'5 Mac vert. This kind of puts nances athleticism into perspective and shows what the lakers were thinking when they picked him. He has a defensive mentality and he could end up being special on that end of the floor. I think he's going to surprise some people this season.

I was going to say they picked him over those guys because he is an athletic freak. And he has a good head on his shoulders. Nance is going to work out I think.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
http://youtu.be/w8Wiq-POmFA

I thought this was pretty interesting since Larry nance also has a 12'5 Mac vert. This kind of puts nances athleticism into perspective and shows what the lakers were thinking when they picked him. He has a defensive mentality and he could end up being special on that end of the floor. I think he's going to surprise some people this season.

I was going to say they picked him over those guys because he is an athletic freak. And he has a good head on his shoulders. Nance is going to work out I think.

I think so too...i just hope we can find minutes for him this year. He is an old rookie so bringing him along slowly makes no sense
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. Living His Dream

Quote:
This offseason, one of Nance’s main focuses has been improving his shot. In college, he shot 51.4 percent from the field and 33.3 percent from three-point range, but he wants to ensure that he can shoot a high percentage in the NBA and be consistent against the tougher competition. Nance recently attended Tim Grgurich’s famed camp and altered his shot, which should pay dividends once the NBA season starts.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-larry-nance-jr-living-his-dream/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. Wants To Become A ‘David West Type Mid-Range Shooter’

http://www.lakersnation.com/larry-nance-jr-wants-to-become-a-david-west-type-mid-range-shooter/2015/08/20/
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Larry Nance Jr. Wants To Become A ‘David West Type Mid-Range Shooter’

http://www.lakersnation.com/larry-nance-jr-wants-to-become-a-david-west-type-mid-range-shooter/2015/08/20/

Cool. I like Nance. Hoping the best for him and out of him...
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I know a lot of laker fans are it very excited about nance but I am. The kid intrigues me because I'm not really sure what position he is because he looks like he can play anywhere from 3-5. Well, he seems to be very confident in his ability to defend the 3 and he wants to be Able to step out and defend the PnR like Noah. HEs more than Just an energy Bigman

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I know a lot of laker fans are it very excited about nance but I am. The kid intrigues me because I'm not really sure what position he is because he looks like he can play anywhere from 3-5. Well, he seems to be very confident in his ability to defend the 3 and he wants to be Able to step out and defend the PnR like Noah. HEs more than Just an energy Bigman

AND he can dance, Sacre may really be in trouble
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

They're not very excited yet because they haven't really seen what this kid can do. Give him a little time, the right mix of players around him, and I'm predicting a very, very, solid player. In the training camp thread I posted about him being one of the stars of the upcoming camp.

I really like Larry's boy's combination of long arms, huge hands, speed, vertical, motor, and will to dunk on anybody.. I think he'll be a hidden gem for us.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

They're not very excited yet because they haven't really seen what this kid can do. Give him a little time, the right mix of players around him, and I'm predicting a very, very, solid player. In the training camp thread I posted about him being one of the stars of the upcoming camp.

I really like Larry's boy's combination of long arms, huge hands, speed, vertical, motor, and will to dunk on anybody.. I think he'll be a hidden gem for us.

I'm really excited about him too. Specifically bcuz I think he'd benefit greatly from the Dleague. His shortcomings are in areas that he won't get reps in NBA games - that's shooting 3s, handling the ball - getting opportunities offensively to develop skill. That's not going to happen for him on the big squad. He'd be in hustle player, don't mess up mode for the 4minutes of playing time he gets. he'd be developing no skills. lol
Kids go to the dleague and come up way more developed offensively.
In college Nance showed flashes of a J and handling the ball/playmaking, he hits 3s like nothing in drills. Let him go develop those skills
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 41 of 221
Jump to: