Mitch envisions Russell & Clarkson Backcourt growing together for next 12 Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I have been gone most of the week, I didn't realize this was taking about potential future moves, so my comments weren't in the vein of future ideas and more in line with the current.

well for the record, David Aldridge was not talking about in the context of future moves. In his opinion Clarkson's ceiling is as a third guard off the bench.

I disagree with that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
A trip from hell, let me tell you.

Sacto again?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

Worse, Crescent City. Hardest damn place to get to in California. On another note, there are fires everywhere up there. God bless our firefighters.
shadow fall
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I have been gone most of the week, I didn't realize this was taking about potential future moves, so my comments weren't in the vein of future ideas and more in line with the current.

well for the record, David Aldridge was not talking about in the context of future moves. In his opinion Clarkson's ceiling is as a third guard off the bench.

I disagree with that.

Aldridge is delusional, clarkson's ceiling is as a 23 points and 5 assists man. If there's two other guards on your team that is good enougth to send him to the bench then damn that team just may have themselves the league's best backcourt
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I disagree with that.

Gotcha. Disagree about the "ceiling" too. Clarkson could start on a lot of teams and will next year. But 3-4 years down the road, especially if we get guys like Westbrook things may be different, but all in a good sense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

shadow fall wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I disagree with that.

Aldridge is delusional, clarkson's ceiling is as a 23 points and 5 assists man. If there's two other guards on your team that is good enougth to send him to the bench then damn that team just may have themselves the league's best backcourt

Exactly. Aldridge is the last person who I would take as having an educated opinion on Clarkson. The NBA as a whole doesn't know much about him at the moment. But they will...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
shadow fall wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I disagree with that.

Exactly. Aldridge is the last person who I would take as having an educated opinion on Clarkson. The NBA as a whole doesn't know much about him at the moment. But they will...

Let's give it some time. We will be on national TV a good bit more and we won't be as much of a joke squad as we were last year. People will get to see him. Folks out here don't even know who he is.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
shadow fall wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I disagree with that.

Let's give it some time. We will be on national TV a good bit more and we won't be as much of a joke squad as we were last year. People will get to see him. Folks out here don't even know who he is.

yeah it makes it easy to tell who the true Laker fans are out here. A lot of people find out I like the Lakers and they start talking about this and that and have no idea who is on our actual roster
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

I'm sure my Knicks fans will be like, "who's that Clarkson fella..."
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

Clarkson and Russell are the backcourt of the future. they mesh very, very well. I wish people would stop trying to pigeon hole them Into role specific positions. They are both GUARDS!

Both players will get their chance to run the show and play PG (why do you think Mitch hasn't signed a backup PG yet) But you also need to understand that they are both capable of playing off the ball and being very effective at it. I honestly don't know how many times we have to drive this fact home.

Both players will start but one player will sit early and come back in with the bench. IMO that will be Russell because between nick young and Lou Williams somebody needs to be the one distributing the basketball and keeping everyone happy. Clarkson is a scoring guard so I see him with that unit as overkill.

Starting:
Clarkson
Russell
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

Bench unit:
Russell
Williams
Young
Bass
black

That's an 9 man rotation but my guess is that Hibbert takes his rest around the same time as Russell and comes back in to help anchor the D so...

Russell
Williams
Young
Bass
Hibbert

Just my opinion.

I'm actually hoping nance can find a way to get minutes this season. I want to see him play.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

My dad doesnt watch the Lakers, and I am not saying he is a basketball expert. But when the Lakers played his team (which will stay anonymous) he said after something to the tune of?

"Hahaha, the Lakers suck, they are awful." "That Clarkson kid is only decent player they have."
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

they will go as far as Randle takes them
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

Clarkson looks like he's going to be real good. I'm optimistic that he will mesh well with Russell in the back court. However, I think his style of play might kind of "restrict" Russell a bit, and vice versa. This will keep Russell at let's say a 7apg guy instead of a 10apg guy. Kind of like the Norm Nixon situation for Magic's first 4 years in the league (granted, they won 2 rings during those 4 years, but they had a Kareem. Another more recent situation might be the Bledsoe/Dragic/Thomas back court that Phoenix had. Dragic was pissed off that his role was reduced to basically camping out in the corner. I would gladly offer Sacramento Randle, Clarkson, Nance and Hibbert in exchange for Cousins. Are roster would look like this:

pf-Bass/Kelly/Holmes
sf-Bryant/Brown
C-Cousins/Black/Upshaw
pg-Russell/Bykes
sg-Young/Frazier/Brown

Sure, our roster becomes a bit depleted after this, but we now have a stronger nucleus of players with more defined roles.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:
Mitch envisioned Dwight Howard's name in the rafters in ten years.

Yep. I love Mitch, but he is not superhuman psychic? There have been many things Mitch envisioned that did not come to be.

Mitch knows when to grease the gears, too bad that flies over so many heads here.

So does he really believe that Clark and Russ will play for the next 12 years together? The odds are probably against it? The point is you cannot take Mitch seriously on these type of comments. Circumstances change over time?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Mitch is secretly moonlighting at a Pep Boys autoshop. It's a shame (not really, I lied) people can't see this.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:
Mitch envisioned Dwight Howard's name in the rafters in ten years.

Yep. I love Mitch, but he is not superhuman psychic? There have been many things Mitch envisioned that did not come to be.

Mitch knows when to grease the gears, too bad that flies over so many heads here.

So does he really believe that Clark and Russ will play for the next 12 years together? The odds are probably against it? The point is you cannot take Mitch seriously on these type of comments. Circumstances change over time?

The point should be that you shouldn't take him literally.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Starter:
Hibbert
Randle
Kobe
Clarkson
Russell

Bench:
Black, Sacre, Upshaw
Bass, Nance, Kelly
Young, ABrown, Holmes
William, JBrown, Frazier
Russell or Clarkson

Obviously, this team is depth at other positions except PG. So Clarkson would see plent of minutes at PG too. For example, if Russell play 30 minutes, it leaves 18 minutes to Clarkson as PG. If Clarkson also play 30 minutes, he would only see 12 minutes at SG and leaves 36 minutes to Williams and JBrown. By the way, as Kobe's playing time is controlled and will miss back to back game, it would give Young plenty of opportunities. ABrown and Holmes will compete for to remaining minutes.

A team with Hibbert, Randle, Kobe, Clarkson, Russell, Bass, Young, William could compete for a playoff post IMO
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject:

I hope Clarkson and Russell could become top 5 player of their respective position, at least in the west, in coming 1-2 years.

J Harden, K Tompson, E Bledsoe are top 3 SG in the west while S Curry, R Westbrook, C Paul, M Conley, D Lillard, T Parker are top 6 PG.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
I hope Clarkson and Russell could become top 5 player of their respective position, at least in the west, in coming 1-2 years.

J Harden, K Tompson, E Bledsoe are top 3 SG in the west while S Curry, R Westbrook, C Paul, M Conley, D Lillard, T Parker are top 6 PG.

Derek rose?
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Sina wrote:

Derek rose?

I think he's talking about the East.
However Derrick Rose won't even be a top 10 PG in the league right now.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject:

Chris Paul
Stephen Curry
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
John Wall
Damian Lillard
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker
Kyle Lowry
Jeff Teague
Reggie Jackson

All of them are better than D Rose this season.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

If there is one guy in the league you would trade Russell/Randle for who would it be?

Its just I see the love for Clarkson here and if he is a 23/5 guy come 2017 do we really want to go after Westbrook at that point? I just saying Lakers will have some really good options in 2017 FA.

If the three Clarkson/Russell/Randle pan out I still love an Ibaka signing. We still need a wing defender and center though? Batum? Center?

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
If there is one guy in the league you would trade Russell/Randle for who would it be?

Anthony Davis.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Anthony Davis.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter · 32s33 seconds ago
Kupchak said they haven’t determined if Russell or Clarkson would play PG but thinks they can play together. PG/SG distinction not most imp.

Quote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus · 2m2 minutes ago
Kupchak: Drafted Russell with notion that he could share backcourt with Clarkson - team believes they can play together

Beautiful Mitch
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: