rewatched Klay's 37 pts in one quarter record: even more impressive than before.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Let me start of by saying that it was incredible. However, what makes Klay very different from Kobe is that many of Klay's shots are after he comes off of screens with either no or just a couple dribbles before shooting.

Take this as a good or bad thing, but Klay does not get the ball in isolation situations where he is asked to create for himself and his teammates. He tends to catch the ball on the move with his defender out of position due to a couple off-ball screens.

I don't think anybody has ever confused him with Kobe or Lebron. I've always made the comparison to Ray Allen and Reggie Miller. They can be great in their own ways.
theboiijames
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

This is something Klay has on Kobe, and it's something Klay has on... everyone.

Closest things to it were LBJs 25 points in a row to beat the Pistons in the playoffs and Kobes 81.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

theboiijames wrote:

Closest things to it were LBJs 25 points in a row to beat the Pistons in the playoffs and Kobes 81.

He will be better than Harden in a year or if not this season
theboiijames
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Ban this troll ^
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

theboiijames wrote:
Ban this troll ^

I think your the troll who has a Hard on for Harden get your rocket loving ass out of here

Last edited by 999 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

theboiijames wrote:

Yes, while Klay isn't the caliber player that Kobe and LBJ are, this particular performance belongs in the pantheon of the greatest, craziest, most insane performances in history. It was magical. It was the most dumbfounded I've felt since Kobe's 81. Had he had that performance in the first quarter instead of the third, who knows what would have happened.
DanielCollins
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

16_and_Counting wrote:
What's scary is the Warriors easily won a championship without Klay doing much.

Without Klay doing much
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
theboiijames wrote:

Yes, while Klay isn't the caliber player that Kobe and LBJ are, this particular performance belongs in the pantheon of the greatest, craziest, most insane performances in history. It was magical. It was the most dumbfounded I've felt since Kobe's 81. Had he had that performance in the first quarter instead of the third, who knows what would have happened.

I think it's way too early to judge Klay. It's safe to say he won't be a Kobe or MJ, just looking at his moves...but that shot of his could be something special. He could end up being better than Ray Allen. That performance is no joke.

I have just one technical problem with Klay, and Curry for that matter. Without the screens, they are not the same shooters. I don't know if they invented it, but they perfected this quick release shot thing that they do. But it's so fast, that there's not much room for a high jump...they basically do a little hop, like when doing practice shots. This only works with screens, wide open shots, or herky jerk moves like Curry. Very limited. that's why i just shrug my shoulders when people say "OMG! he gets the shot off in 0.4 seconds!" yea....but, (all the points above).
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
theboiijames wrote:

I think it's way too early to judge Klay. It's safe to say he won't be a Kobe or MJ, just looking at his moves...but that shot of his could be something special. He could end up being better than Ray Allen. That performance is no joke.

I have just one technical problem with Klay, and Curry for that matter. Without the screens, they are not the same shooters. I don't know if they invented it, but they perfected this quick release shot thing that they do. But it's so fast, that there's not much room for a high jump...they basically do a little hop, like when doing practice shots. This only works with screens, wide open shots, or herky jerk moves like Curry. Very limited. that's why i just shrug my shoulders when people say "OMG! he gets the shot off in 0.4 seconds!" yea....but, (all the points above).

It doesn't seem to be limiting Curry too much, considering he just won the MVP and the championship. I doubt that they outlaw screens any time soon, and Curry doesn't always require a screen to score because of his elite ballhandling.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
theboiijames wrote:

It doesn't seem to be limiting Curry too much, considering he just won the MVP and the championship. I doubt that they outlaw screens any time soon, and Curry doesn't always require a screen to score because of his elite ballhandling.

Curry is playing in a system designed for screens, and mainly that system is designed for him to be open. So it's not that he can or can't do it, it's that we haven't seen him do it in a system not designed for getting him screens. He is able to do it himself with his jerk moves and ballhandling as you say. but that is a very different thing than just jumping over someone and shooting. the latter is much easier if the option is available. I'm not trying to go out of my way to criticize curry, i'm just pointing out the pros and cons to a quick release shot like that. i can do the same with a wilt vs hakeem argument. hakeem used a lot of jerky moves to get open shots. great, he's awesome. wilt didn't do it as much...however, wilt would often just kind of jump, stretch out his obscenely long arm and finger-roll (big dip whatever) that ball in....the defender is like just there under his armpit. no deception or jerk move needed. so what do you say to that? i see that and i'm like, well, wilt just doesn't have to do any extra things. just shoot when you're ready to shoot and who cares what the defense is doing. lol.

extreme example: if i could make a 50 foot shot like it was a free throw, who cares about my ballhandling or footwork, etc.? pass the ball inbound, the second you are open, just shoot it. no extra anything needed.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

bagelman wrote:
Curry is one of *THE BEST* shooters with a hand in his face. of all time. klay isn't bad in that regard either. superboy basketball pass needs to be revoked.

wouldn't be the first time!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: