Man shot and killed by police when he ran towards them. Apparently he was in a car accident...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
North Carolina...hmm, maybe they thought he was trying to vote.

Read posts start to finish. Wasn't expecting that one. Black humor (not as in AA's) at its finest.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
If you're black or even have a dark complexion, just be really careful and make no sudden moves when around the cops.

And like jodeke said...always have your cellphone with you in case you need help.

Just don't reach for it...
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Bad cops, bad cops,

Bad cops, bad cops,

Springfield cops are on the take, but what do you expect from the money we make?

Whether in a car or on a horse, we dont mind using excessive force,

Bad cops, bad cops.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Deleted wrong thread.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject:

cd

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Deleted by self. Wrong thead

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject:

So I read Conkers post above and wondered if this was some parody on Bad Boys. I go to YouTube, enter, bad cops bad cops, and I get this:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/cbs-scores-with-15-year-nfl-ratings-high-as-manning-brothers-face-off/

The first 90 seconds seemed sensible enough and relevant to this thread. Then it starts to get a little weird. I noticed a couple other videos by this Wild Bill character featured at the right. They are not a little weird.

This guy seems to think he is sensible but we can listen to his words to decide ourselves. If this guy is a sensible one, we can begin to see that maybe the screening process is somewhat flawed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Shooter AAron Alexis

Wrong thread

Thanks d_b_a_w

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
If you're black or even have a dark complexion, just be really careful and make no sudden moves when around the cops.

And like jodeke said...always have your cellphone with you in case you need help.

I made the mistake of reaching for my license and registration before the cop got to my car once. Turned around and I was staring down the barrel of a big gun. Learned a valuable lesson and now my hands stay on the wheel until instructed otherwise.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I made the mistake of reaching for my license and registration before the cop got to my car once. Turned around and I was staring down the barrel of a big gun. Learned a valuable lesson and now my hands stay on the wheel until instructed otherwise.

Similar thing happened to me. But my hands were on the wheel the whole time.

The officer just was really on edge because a bank was just robbed and my car matched the description of the vehicle that belonged to the bank robber. And by amazing luck, I also happened to match the description of the person who robbed the bank.

Needless to say, I was extremely polite and cooperative.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

The officer just was really on edge because a bank was just robbed and my car matched the description of the vehicle that belonged to the bank robber. And by amazing luck, I also happened to match the description of the person who robbed the bank.

Funny. I heard you came into a bit of money recently.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

This sounds so familiar.

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

let me ask you a question. did you PERSONALLY hear about this so called bank robbery around where you were stopped? did you also hear the bank robber's description read over the radio or TV(before you left home)?

i'm asking because i hope you're not assuming the officer was giving telling you the truth when he said all of that about everything about you and your car matching the bank robber. now granted you may have been that lucky guy that day. and all of what he said was true. you did match everything. but i've been pulled over a many of time between the ages of 16 and 25 and i've heard the same lame excuse over and over and over again. and i realized. you're a hot da... lie. first off i'm 6'2. that right there says i dont look like most people. if it was a black guy and they are saying he's dark skin. i'm not so that aint me. but nor am i light enough to make someone believe i could be a latino(not talking about a black latin).

again i've been told that same lie so many times its not even funny.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

let me ask you a question. did you PERSONALLY hear about this so called bank robbery around where you were stopped? did you also hear the bank robber's description read over the radio or TV(before you left home)?

i'm asking because i hope you're not assuming the officer was giving telling you the truth when he said all of that about everything about you and your car matching the bank robber. now granted you may have been that lucky guy that day. and all of what he said was true. you did match everything. but i've been pulled over a many of time between the ages of 16 and 25 and i've heard the same lame excuse over and over and over again. and i realized. you're a hot da... lie. first off i'm 6'2. that right there says i dont look like most people. if it was a black guy and they are saying he's dark skin. i'm not so that aint me. but nor am i light enough to make someone believe i could be a latino(not talking about a black latin).

again i've been told that same lie so many times its not even funny.

You elongated my point.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A judge in North Carolina on Friday declared a mistrial in a police officer's 2013 killing of an unarmed former college football player.

That means that the voluntary manslaughter charge against Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer Randall "Wes" Kerrick remains open.

The jury began deliberating four days ago, and told Judge Richard C. Ervin at around 4:15 p.m. ET that after nearly four days of deliberations, it was deadlocked.

Ervin asked if it would help if they broke for the weekend and resumed work Monday morning. The jury, in a show of hands, indicated it could go no further.

Mistrial
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
A judge in North Carolina on Friday declared a mistrial in a police officer's 2013 killing of an unarmed former college football player.

That means that the voluntary manslaughter charge against Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer Randall "Wes" Kerrick remains open.

The jury began deliberating four days ago, and told Judge Richard C. Ervin at around 4:15 p.m. ET that after nearly four days of deliberations, it was deadlocked.

Ervin asked if it would help if they broke for the weekend and resumed work Monday morning. The jury, in a show of hands, indicated it could go no further.

Mistrial

That jury is (bleep) ridiculous.

The guy mows down an innocent, unarmed man and they are deadlocked. Disgraceful individuals.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
racist ass police

Just. stop. posting.

Why? He's telling the truth. If you look at the history of the police in this country it's been notoriously racist. Sweeping things under the rug don't get anything accomplished!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
State prosecutors announced Friday that they won't retry a white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man, saying the jurors' comments after the mistrial helped convince them they cannot get a conviction.

The jury deadlocked 8-4 last week in favor of acquitting Charlotte-Mecklenburg Officer Randall Kerrick, leading the judge to declare a mistrial. Kerrick was charged with voluntary manslaughter in the September 2013 death of Jonathan Ferrell, a former college football player.

Quote:
"In consideration of the jurors' comments, the evidence available to the state, and our background in criminal trials, it is our prosecutors' unanimous belief a retrial will not yield a different result,"

Police say Ferrell wrecked his car on the morning of Sept. 14, 2013, and went to a nearby house and banged on the door, apparently seeking help. The resident called police, and three officers, including Kerrick, responded.

Investigators say one deployed his Taser without apparent effect on Ferrell before Kerrick fired 12 shots, 10 of which hit him.

Kerrick testified that he repeatedly fired because Ferrell kept charging at him and he didn't think his weapon was even working.

Prosecutors said nonlethal force should have been used to subdue Ferrell, who played football at Florida A&M University. The two officers with Kerrick didn't fire their guns.

After three weeks of testimony and four days of deliberations, the jury couldn't overcome its deadlock, leading Judge Robert C. Ervin to declare the mistrial.

No Retrial
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Voluntary Manslaughter..

what if the charge was involuntary

didn't think his gun was even working.. haha..

I really wanted to hear some background information on the guy who supposedly charged them and kept charging while being loaded with 10 bullets

what caused him to choose death by cop

why would he ask a home for help but charge the cops wanting.them to murder him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: