2015 Fantasy Football thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Here we go.. Mike Evans out with a hamstring injury. Hope it's not serious.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I think people get antsy because there don't appear to be many quality TE's. Gronk goes in the 1st or early in 2nd, Graham in the 3rd. All it takes is for someone to take Olson late in the 4th or 5th round for there to be a run on TE's out of fear they'll get stuck with crap.

I'm slumming it with Benjamin Watson and Owen Daniels for now. My WR crew is also pretty weak now with just Vincent Jackson and Victor Cruz.

Hope you have a backup plan for Cruz. He is still dealing with inflammation after a devastating knee injury.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
rwongega wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I think people get antsy because there don't appear to be many quality TE's. Gronk goes in the 1st or early in 2nd, Graham in the 3rd. All it takes is for someone to take Olson late in the 4th or 5th round for there to be a run on TE's out of fear they'll get stuck with crap.

I'm slumming it with Benjamin Watson and Owen Daniels for now. My WR crew is also pretty weak now with just Vincent Jackson and Victor Cruz.

Hope you have a backup plan for Cruz. He is still dealing with inflammation after a devastating knee injury.

I'm still trying to replace Nelson. Other managers WR backups are better than my starters.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rwongega wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I'm still trying to replace Nelson. Other managers WR backups are better than my starters.

Take a flyer on Ty Lockett. He's going to be the Seahawks primary Kick returner, and a Defacto WR2. He's got more speed than Devin Hester in his prime, and is the only receiver outside of TE Graham that can stretch the field for the Seahawks. While he won't rack up as many targets and the good receivers around the league, there's a very good chance that most of his targets will be long gainers. When you add in the guaranteed points from his return yardage, he's not a bad "Off the Radar" guy at all since he'll never leave you with a gooseegg like other middle-line receivers. I suspect he'll be one of the more popular adds by week #3.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rwongega wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Take a flyer on Ty Lockett. He's going to be the Seahawks primary Kick returner, and a Defacto WR2. He's got more speed than Devin Hester in his prime, and is the only receiver outside of TE Graham that can stretch the field for the Seahawks. While he won't rack up as many targets and the good receivers around the league, there's a very good chance that most of his targets will be long gainers. When you add in the guaranteed points from his return yardage, he's not a bad "Off the Radar" guy at all since he'll never leave you with a gooseegg like other middle-line receivers. I suspect he'll be one of the more popular adds by week #3.

Locket with his 3rd return for TD in the preseason. The kids gonna be a beast.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rwongega wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

You mean a football WR2, not a fantasy WR2, right? Because he probably won't be fantasy relevant unless he gets volume. I do like his talent, I just question whether he has the volume to be a reliable fantasy player.

If someone is short on WR, you just need to find someone who has a good chance of getting targets for a couple weeks while you wait for those diamonds in the FA rough to show themselves.

Maybe a flier on a GB receiver with Cobb hurt and Nelson out. Brian Quick likely gone but if not he's worth a look.

Aussie, fwiw, most standard leagues do not credit the player for return yards. If anything, he's on Special Teams doing that so if it's enabled that way, the DST would get the credit.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

I think the presence of Ty Lockett is more significant for the Seahawks D/ST than it is to actually draft Lockett to your team.

If you have the Seahawks as you're defense this year, you're probably pleased that they might get you some special teams TDs from the look of it, in addition to the fact that they're a good D too. I had Philly's D last year, their actual defense wasn't great, but their special teams hooked me up with some TDs

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Anyone play in a Keeper League?

I'm in one where we can keep 2 players. We give up the previous round draft pick from where we drafted the kept player. It's tough to plan for.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Love auction draft, put together a pretty monster team today with AP & Dez leading the way.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject:

Anyone down to create an LG league? I am willing to create it (via Yahoo) if we have enough people interested.
rory
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

Hi, i started watching nfl last season so i am still noob , does my team have potential ?
http://i.imgur.com/OwEAQA8.png?1
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

rory wrote:
Hi, i started watching nfl last season so i am still noob , does my team have potential ?

How many teams in your league?

Scoring format?
rory
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
rory wrote:

Scoring format?

NFL-Managed League Scoring Settings
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject:

rory wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rory wrote:

Scoring format?

Yeah that looked like the draft results of a 10-team league.

It's pretty decent. Would have been phenomenal for a 12-teamer.

Get rid of Vick. In a 10-teamer, should be plenty of QBs available better than Vick. My advice? Drop Vick, and take a flyer on a wide receiver because you need help there. Alshon is going to be a stud, but he has health issues. Amari Cooper is a rookie on a garbage team.

About 2 weeks prior to Rodgers' bye week, drop someone and pick up a streamer QB with a great matchup.
rory
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
rory wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rory wrote:

Scoring format?

Get rid of Vick. In a 10-teamer, should be plenty of QBs available better than Vick. My advice? Drop Vick, and take a flyer on a wide receiver because you need help there. Alshon is going to be a stud, but he has health issues. Amari Cooper is a rookie on a garbage team.

About 2 weeks prior to Rodgers' bye week, drop someone and pick up a streamer QB with a great matchup.

I replaced Vick with Dorsett , thanks for helping , and who you supporting ?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

rory wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rory wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rory wrote:

Scoring format?

I replaced Vick with Dorsett , thanks for helping , and who you supporting ?

Dorsett? Colts? Now that's a definition of a flyer!

I'm in 4 leagues -- so I'm basically supporting everyone at some point or another
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeJaws wrote:
Anyone down to create an LG league? I am willing to create it (via Yahoo) if we have enough people interested.

I'm down. I'm only in 2 leagues right now. Would like the 3rd to be an LG one. Or else I'm just gonna slum it on some yahoo or nfl public league.

Anyone do the DraftKings thing?
I might invest like 25 bucks and see what I can do.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
KobeJaws wrote:

I'm down. I'm only in 2 leagues right now. Would like the 3rd to be an LG one. Or else I'm just gonna slum it on some yahoo or nfl public league.

I've done FanDuel. I liked it. I play the 50/50 games.
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
KobeJaws wrote:

I created a league, DM me your email and I will send an invite. We will see how many more people we can get.

If anyone else wants to join, DM me your email address and I will send invites off.
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Sent invite Platnum

For everyone else interested in joining...league is listed below.

https://yho.com/nfl?l=1171607&k=77a0315da442ef2d&ikey=a774075aef263e77

Let's see how many people we can get then can discuss draft time, etc.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

KobeJaws wrote:
Sent invite Platnum

Got it.
Left a message in the other NFL thread to see if anyone is interested. There's gotta be at least 10 of us interested in this
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
KobeJaws wrote:
Sent invite Platnum

Got it.
Left a message in the other NFL thread to see if anyone is interested. There's gotta be at least 10 of us interested in this

I'm in.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I autodrafted and got a pretty sweet team:

Matt Stafford
DeMarco Murray
Eddie Lacy
Emmanuel Sanders
Megatron
Brandon Marshall

And a few sleepers like Teddy Bridgewater.

Wish I could have gotten my boy Brady but what can ya do.
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Just finished my draft tonight in a strange league. Not only normal positions, there is also a rb/wr AND a wr/te along with a head coach. 10 team league, I stocked up on wr

QB: Ryan, Stafford
RB: Gordon, Gurley, Tre Mason, Crowell
WR: A Brown. Julio, Cobb, Maclin, Steve Smith Sr., Quick, Randle
TE: Olsen, Donnell
D: Vikings
K: Zeurlein
HC: Packers

What do you guys think? I'm pretty happy, as long as my rookie RBs do good.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Trade offer proposed to me. I'd be giving up my 10th round pick Brady (already have Luck), Bennett, and Forsett for Megatron, Olsen, and Doug Martin. I'm weak at WR (Mathews, Landry, Decker, DGB) which is usually the case for my teams. Deal or no deal?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24
Jump to: