FEAR The Walking Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

enjoying Fear the Walking Dead... I love seeing how it all went down, but we still don't know how it all started. This will hold me over well until the real TWD comes back for season 6! !! LOL
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The writers are killing off all the black characters.

zombies = corrupt police officers?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

FTWD feels like the back story segments that they show for characters in TWD.

I'm enjoying the show, but not nearly as much as TWD. It will probably get more interesting as civilization really starts falling apart and we see more humans start turning on each other.

It gets cooler when we have no idea who to trust and we start seeing people compromise their morals in favor of survival. We saw the beginnings of that when the mother wouldn't let the daughter out to help Mrs. Cruz.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
FTWD feels like the back story segments that they show for characters in TWD.

I'm enjoying the show, but not nearly as much as TWD. It will probably get more interesting as civilization really starts falling apart and we see more humans start turning on each other.

It gets cooler when we have no idea who to trust and we start seeing people compromise their morals in favor of survival. We saw the beginnings of that when the mother wouldn't let the daughter out to help Mrs. Cruz.

I tend to agree with this sentiment, maybe the show is just laking the gore and cinematic quality i've gotten used to with TWD. Either way it's keeping me occupied and I don't have too many complaints.

Also, it's nice that you and I have at least one bit of common ground reflexx
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I like it so far. I am digging the conspiracy angle and the (potential?) active government cover up.

Definitely Slow. Helps to be doing a side task.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I still hate the fact that nobody is ever heard of a zombie before? Was Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead not made in this alternate world?! not even Thriller?!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Anybody watch episode 3 last night? Does anybody know why they are planning to go to the desert? I missed the reason why.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Anybody watch episode 3 last night? Does anybody know why they are planning to go to the desert? I missed the reason why.

I think their thoughts are that the desert will put distance between them and the outbreak. Natural instincts to flee civilization as it collapses. Although, them planning on meeting in the desert after they were separated does seem to indicate they may have some place specific planned, where exactly, I'm as clueless as you.

That said, last nights episode imho was the first that actually resembled "TWD" and I found it quite enjoyable.

I don't think they are going to make it out of the city this season which is good, not excited to see them wandering around the desert.

We should start a betting pool as to which mom dies first.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

^ Thanks LJ. I guess it's not clear about the desert yet. I was kind of hoping they hit the road already and leave the city. More adventure on the road. As far as to which Mom dies first I guess I will go with the lady with the bad foot.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
^ Thanks LJ. I guess it's not clear about the desert yet. I was kind of hoping they hit the road already and leave the city. More adventure on the road. As far as to which Mom dies first I guess I will go with the lady with the bad foot.

Hurt foot mom is too obvious, she's already dead just not "walking" yet. Lol, pardon the pun. I meant between the ex wife and teacher wife. I'm saying ex wifey gets eaten cuz teacher wife is a killer!
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

The character stupidity was over the top in this episode. They barricade themselves inside their home, but then leave the back door wide open after they let the dog in. Then they go to steal their neighbor's gun, again leaving the back door wide open, which allows a zombie into their home. After finding the gun, they forget to take the shells, so the girl has to go back and get them. Then, instead of grabbing the shells and quickly heading back, she starts staring at a prescription bottle while her family member is being attacked. I know stories like this don't work without a certain amount of stupidity from the characters, but come on man.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I thought the episode was okay. But it does seem to at least be picking up.

I think part of the reason I feel like it's slow is because I already know what's happening. This pace may feel better for people who have never watched TWD.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I agree, the stupidity is way over the top. Lol I actually yelled, close the freaking door you idiot! Lol good catch.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

best episode so far.. though I've enjoyed the build up.

I wonder what they do to you they take you away.

I also wonder if the shows will merge eventually.

we don't know what happened on the west coast in walking dead..
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Really enjoying this show. It looks like the military is trying to get things handled though, or was that SWAT at the end?

I love how they're making the world's reaction to this so realistic like when everyone thought the son was crazy and then that nerd kid at the high school no one believed. Then the panic leads to looting and rioting, pretty much how I'd see it playing out especially in LA.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Really enjoying this show. It looks like the military is trying to get things handled though, or was that SWAT at the end?

I love how they're making the world's reaction to this so realistic like when everyone thought the son was crazy and then that nerd kid at the high school no one believed. Then the panic leads to looting and rioting, pretty much how I'd see it playing out especially in LA.

Yeah they're filling in the gaps well. Other than I think Shane's flashbacks (hospital and with Lori, Carol, ect.. on highway) we're pretty limited on what we have seen in terms of the first few days or weeks. I was worried we'd see the same story just a different location and lots of filler material but this isn't too bad.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject:

seems to be getting better, i wonder if that airplane shot was to tie-in to the standalone airline episode planned.

and I agree with Free Kobe, its weird that the Z-word is not allowed.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Leaving the sliding door open didn't make sense. This is LA. If you're leaving the house when there is no immediate danger you don't leave it open. Let alone when there's man-eating monsters out there... at night!

Question: Why hasn't the Johnny Depp kid changed into his own clothes yet?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Gilbert Grape seems to be handling this better than everyone else.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Leaving the sliding door open didn't make sense. This is LA. If you're leaving the house when there is no immediate danger you don't leave it open. Let alone when there's man-eating monsters out there... at night!

Question: Why hasn't the Johnny Depp kid changed into his own clothes yet?

Yes!

C M B wrote:
Gilbert Grape seems to be handling this better than everyone else.

And yes!

I really want to like that kid, but I just don't believe his character. Too much of a cracker jack box stereotype for my liking. It's like they selected a writer from the 90's who made "smoking isn't cool" commercials to create this nimrod.

You want a real addict? See this gentleman.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

I agree. I complained about the pilot which was painfully slow compared TWD's pilot but the show has been picking up pace. Watching the city degenerate into chaos is way more interesting than the zombies.

I was a little ambiguous on the appearance of the military but it's probably a good thing because it keeps the main characters in the city. If they had gotten on the road it might have become similar to TWD's theme of wandering around trying to find safe haven.

Ruben Blades' character (Daniel Salazar) is my favorite so far. Least favorite is Chris (Nick's son). He acts more like a teenage girl in this story than Madison's daughter.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
32 wrote:

Hurt foot mom is too obvious, she's already dead just not "walking" yet. Lol, pardon the pun. I meant between the ex wife and teacher wife. I'm saying ex wifey gets eaten cuz teacher wife is a killer!

Nah. I'm voting blond wife. She already put a nail in her coffin with that "You're going to have to do it" comment to ex-wifey. Plus it will make for a better story. Kill current wife, old wife comes in to shake things up.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
32 wrote:

Nah. I'm voting blond wife. She already put a nail in her coffin with that "You're going to have to do it" comment to ex-wifey. Plus it will make for a better story. Kill current wife, old wife comes in to shake things up.

See, I was thinking the exact opposite. Ex wife seems dependent and mousy, very little substance. Where as Blond wife has already killed or seen killed 3 zombies and by the end, was ready to take out a 4th (with a hammer no less) .

I can already see the parallels they are drawing between this show and twd as far as types of characters. Such as dad not burning the neighbor zombie and buried him instead. The divide between the people who know they are zombies, the people who think they are just sick, now mix in people who are clueless (zombie food/ the weak ones) , show looks pretty good.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Awww man! They're pulling the same thing with this series as they did with TWD: Six episodes season. I guess they didn't want overlap with the other series.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Legacy wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
32 wrote:

See, I was thinking the exact opposite. Ex wife seems dependent and mousy, very little substance. Where as Blond wife has already killed or seen killed 3 zombies and by the end, was ready to take out a 4th (with a hammer no less) .

I can already see the parallels they are drawing between this show and twd as far as types of characters. Such as dad not burning the neighbor zombie and buried him instead. The divide between the people who know they are zombies, the people who think they are just sick, now mix in people who are clueless (zombie food/ the weak ones) , show looks pretty good.

I hear ya. I guess only time will tell. I already like the show, but now I'm even more excited to find out the fate of "The Walking Dead Wives, Los Angeles".

I'll have my finger on the submit button underneath my "Told ya so" post the moment it happens.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: