***Official*** 2015 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/30/report-ac-joint-sprain-for-randall-cobb/

Quote:
Report: AC joint sprain for Randall Cobb

Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb feared a broken collarbone when he was first injured in Saturday’s game against the Eagles, but they were able to rule out an injury of that severity before the night was over.

Cobb went for further tests on Sunday and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he has been diagnosed with a “minor” AC joint sprain.

It’s a better outcome than a broken collarbone, certainly, but Cobb probably can’t be assured of playing against the Bears in Week One. Players have missed good chunks of time with similar injuries — Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson hasn’t played at all in the preseason after spraining his AC joint early in training camp — and it will take some time before the Packers will have a clear idea about his status.

If Cobb can’t play, the Packers would start their season without both of their top wideouts since Jordy Nelson is out with a torn ACL. Barring any additions from outside the organization, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis and Ty Montgomery would likely be the top three receivers in their absence.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

UPDATE: Kirk Cousins will start for Washington Redskins in Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins. (via Albert Breer)

To me, it has seemed like Jay Gruden has wanted RG3 out ever since he took the job, seems he may now have got what he wanted all along.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
UPDATE: Kirk Cousins will start for Washington Redskins in Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins. (via Albert Breer)

To me, it has seemed like Jay Gruden has wanted RG3 out ever since he took the job, seems he may now have got what he wanted all along.

The Gruden/RG3 war is easily blamed on both sides for their idiocy. That said, as a Dolphins fan, I would've rather had RG3 playing than Cousins.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

RG3 on his worst day is ten times the player Kirk Cousins is.

The Redskins will go 1-5 or 0-6 in their division this year and finish around 4-12. Jay Gruden will mercifully be fired, yet have no problem getting another job...as a coordinator.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
Just had my fantasy draft. Had the 8th pick in a 12 team league.

QB- Romo/Cutler
RB- Forte/Anderson/Foster/Duke Johnson
WR- Matthews/Edelman/Funchess/Wheaton
TE- Allen/Reed
Def-Jets
K-Bailey

Thoughts?

Don't like Forte, like CJ Anderson. Concerned about Foster. Duke out with concussion and is in a crowded situation with Crowell and West among some other guys on that roster.

Love Jordan Matthews this year. Drafted him last year in the 12th round but couldn't hold on to him early with limited bench spots. Don't like Edelman as a WR2 unless it is a full point PPR league. He just goesn't get the looks in the end zone. Funchess and Wheaton are question marks.

Don't like your TEs at all. Allen is entirely TE-dependent. But, that's a weak position anyway.

Overall, I'd give your draft grade a C for your first 3 picks (I'd imagine they were CJ/Forte/Matthews) but I'm going to downgrade you for drafting Arian in the 4th round who will likely miss half the season and none of the other picks blow me away.

If you play with a flex role, I give you a C-. If not, a C+. Since I don't know, I'll split the diff and give you a C.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject:

Can't believe Trent Richardson got cut by the Raiders. What a fall from grace. Biggest bust since Ryan Leaf?

Also, Fred Jackson cut, may sign with Seahawks and Joique Bell still the Lions' lead back which makes sense.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Can't believe Trent Richardson got cut by the Raiders. What a fall from grace. Biggest bust since Ryan Leaf?

Also, Fred Jackson cut, may sign with Seahawks and Joique Bell still the Lions' lead back which makes sense.

ameer abdullah will take the lead back role by mid season. calling it now, and i drafted him in my fantasy league
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Man, there ain't much left once you get cut from the Raiders. May as well go apply at McDonald's

Shame man, I loved Trent at Bama. Needs to lose weight if he's ever gonna be a serviceable player in the league. He'd be better at like 220 or so, rather than the 240 or whatever it is he looks like currently.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

ameer abdullah will take the lead back role by mid season. calling it now, and i drafted him in my fantasy league

Calling it now? That is what is reported by every fantasy news site for several months now, and why is ADP is right there if not higher than Bell's. It would be more surprising if it didn't happen.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

Man, there ain't much left once you get cut from the Raiders. May as well go apply at McDonald's

Shame man, I loved Trent at Bama. Needs to lose weight if he's ever gonna be a serviceable player in the league. He'd be better at like 220 or so, rather than the 240 or whatever it is he looks like currently.

It's not just his weight. His vision is just awful. There was a brief meme of him missing a gap wider than the one your namesake parted at the Red Sea.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:

It's not just his weight. His vision is just awful. There was a brief meme of him missing a gap wider than the one your namesake parted at the Red Sea.

Yeah I saw that one. His decision making isn't good, but his power alone should give him a chance as a short yardage type of back. He wasn't ever gonna be a big yardage type of runner, those big plays in college existed mainly because of that O-Line, but he still shows a little promise as a short yardage guy if he gets his stuff together.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Calling it now? That is what is reported by every fantasy news site for several months now, and why is ADP is right there if not higher than Bell's. It would be more surprising if it didn't happen.

true, but he is 5'8, and bell has been a decent back outside of injuries.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: CBS will stream several NFL games for free this season

http://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=43420

Quote:
Streaming coverage begins with the national broadcast of New York Jets-Miami in London (Oct. 4, 9:30 AM, ET), which will mark the first NFL ON CBS regular season game to be streamed live. CBS Sports will also stream Carolina-Dallas (Nov. 26, 4:30 PM, ET), which will mark the first time the CBS Sports broadcast of a Thanksgiving Day game is streamed live.

All AFC playoff coverage will again be streamed this year, including the Wild Card, Divisional, and Championship games. On Sunday, Feb. 7, CBS Sports will live stream the CBS Television Network’s exclusive broadcast of Super Bowl 50.

“We’re very excited to offer more NFL ON CBS streaming coverage across more digital platforms than ever before,” said Jeffrey Gerttula, Senior Vice President and General Manager of CBS Sports Digital. “All NFL fans will have access through their computers, tablets and now Connected TVs to two regular season games for the first time in addition to all of the AFC playoff action, culminating with a truly historic Super Bowl."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

Judge nullifies Tom Brady's DeflateGate suspension

LINK

If I have it right this will mean Goodell won't be the arbitrator in cases in which he hands out suspensions. I didn't think that was fair.

Quote:
Brady's suspension wasn't completely erased upon his initial appeal, which was heard by Roger Goodell. That prompted the quarterback and the NFLPA to take the league to federal court. They did, and as many predicted, the won.

It seems as though Judge Berman used it's not what you think but what can you prove standard. Goodell thought Brady should have known about the balls being under-inflated but he couldn't prove it.

Tom Brady will be on the field in game one to start the NFL season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Kraft and the Pats played the game, but Goodell didn't, and now he pays the price. Add this to Ray Rice and the guy is an absolute failure.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kraft and the Pats played the game, but Goodell didn't, and now he pays the price. Add this to Ray Rice and the guy is an absolute failure.

He's not good at doling out punishment but he's making money for owners. What weighs more?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He's not good at doling out punishment but he's making money for owners. What weighs more?

Yeah, not a Goodell fan, but people who say he's ruining the league -- umm, they're making pretty good money right now. It's become America's favorite pastime.

But the way they've handled Ray Rice, AP, all these guys and Brady has been an embarrassment. These guys deserve, IMO, to actually be found guilty of a crime before they are punished.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It is the NFL, if you or I were in charge they would make money. But I am assuming what he is doing is at the bidding of the owners.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It is the NFL, if you or I were in charge they would make money. But I am assuming what he is doing is at the bidding of the owners.

Nahh. I think he is doing it at the bidding of his ego.

The team owners reportedly didn't want the NFL to appeal the court's decision but they're doing it anyway.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I like what I see out of Brett Hundley in GB. He's got plenty of time to develop up there. Just wish he could've stayed.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
I like what I see out of Brett Hundley in GB. He's got plenty of time to develop up there. Just wish he could've stayed.

Yeah, it's too bad he's third on the depth chart. He's never going to get in the game. Maybe he can be trade bait for a team looking for an incumbent.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Tebow Time? Eagles trade third QB Matt Barkley to Cardinals

LINK

This isn't a surprise to me. Most of what I've read concerning Kelly tells me he's one who when he makes up his mind he'll stick to his guns.

He has a plan for Tebow. It will allow Tim to be a QB. If Tim accepts his role he may get some time under C.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Hope it works out but at least its a 6th round pick and not a first

http://indysportscentral.com/2015/09/04/colts-acquire-lb-sio-moore-in-trade-with-raiders/

Quote:
Colts acquire LB Sio Moore in trade with Raiders

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Sept. 4, 2015) – What promises to be a frantic weekend began Friday with the Indianapolis Colts acquiring Sio Moore in a trade with the Oakland Raiders. The cost for the third-year linebacker was a sixth-round pick in the 2016 draft.

The 6-1, 240-pound Moore appeared in 26 games with 22 starts for the Raiders after being selected in the third round of the 2013 draft. He has collected 140 tackles, 7.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. A hip injury limited him to 11 games last season and he posted 90 tackles and 3 sacks.

The Colts must slash 22 players off their roster to reach the regular-season limit of 53 by 4 p.m. Saturday.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Tebow Time? Eagles trade third QB Matt Barkley to Cardinals

LINK

This isn't a surprise to me. Most of what I've read concerning Kelly tells me he's one who when he makes up his mind he'll stick to his guns.

He has a plan for Tebow. It will allow Tim to be a QB. If Tim accepts his role he may get some time under C.

I'm glad it looks like Tebow is getting a chance. He's certainly not any worse than a lot of second and third-stringers throughout the league.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Hope it works out but at least its a 6th round pick and not a first

http://indysportscentral.com/2015/09/04/colts-acquire-lb-sio-moore-in-trade-with-raiders/

Quote:
Colts acquire LB Sio Moore in trade with Raiders

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Sept. 4, 2015) – What promises to be a frantic weekend began Friday with the Indianapolis Colts acquiring Sio Moore in a trade with the Oakland Raiders. The cost for the third-year linebacker was a sixth-round pick in the 2016 draft.

The 6-1, 240-pound Moore appeared in 26 games with 22 starts for the Raiders after being selected in the third round of the 2013 draft. He has collected 140 tackles, 7.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. A hip injury limited him to 11 games last season and he posted 90 tackles and 3 sacks.

The Colts must slash 22 players off their roster to reach the regular-season limit of 53 by 4 p.m. Saturday.

Moore has shown flashes of being a half decent player, for the cost of a sixth it's a pretty low risk move, he could turn out to be good for Indy.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 11 of 106
Jump to: