Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Official Releases from both clubs regarding De Gea:

Real Madrid CF-

1-MUFC opened talks yesterday morning.
2-RMCF accepted talks over De Gea.
3-MUFC told us successful transfer hinges on Navas agreement.
4-Agreements from both sides quickly reached with RMFC sending docs at 13.39 Spanish time
5-MUFC resends docs with amendments 8hrs later 21.43 Spanish time. No problems at this point.
6-RMCF obtains signatures of both players; sends to MUFC at 23:32 Spanish time.
7-MUFC reaches final agreement w/ Navas at 23:53 Spanish time w/o player's signature. (FA transfer deadline being a day later)
8-MUFC entered De Gea into TMS @ deadline; not allowing RMCF enough time to do the same. (2 min late)
9-FIFA allows RMCF to complete TMS despite knowing LFP deadline passed; LFP does not allow this.

Manchester United FC-

1-MUFC didn't open talks over DDG (preferred no sale)
2-RMCF opened talks yesterday.
3-RMCF made offer for DDG at lunchtime (13.39 Spanish time). Agreement being reached for Navas.
4-MUFC denies responsibility over the documentation for DDG or Navas during the last hours before the Spanish deadline.
5-MUFC sends transfer documents to RMCF at 20:42 BST. DDG's documents sent 22:32 BST to MUFC did not include signatory page.
6-MUFC claim RMCF sent amended docs with major changes to put the move to risk at 22:40 BST, minutes before deadline.
7-RMCF sends necessary documents to terminate DDG's contract at 22:55 BST; No documents regarding Navas were returned.
8-At 22:58 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by MUFC, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline.

In conclusion:

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline

- The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route.

Seems like Real Madrid dropped the ball on this one.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

So annoyed at Wenger right now, had a chance to make Arsenal legitimate contenders by filling the remaining holes at striker and defensive mid instead he proves to be the same old Wenger who refuses to spend money even though all of his rivals strengthened.

Looking like 4th place all over again, what a joke for a team that is only a couple of players away from taking that next step towards contention.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand Wenger, but I do like the fact that he puts a premium on continuity. I expected him to make one big move, ala the Ozil deal a couple years back. Instead, the only move of note was Cech. I'm not impressed with the teams that seem to make moves for the sake of making moves, but come on.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

By the way, I like the Martial buy. That's the sort of bold move that can really pay off if your talent evaluators have done their job. There were critics about a decade ago when Man U brought in some Portuguese kid. It's high risk, high reward, but Man U is supposed to have high aspirations.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Disappointing that Arsene decides not to pursue any other player first-team player not named Petr Cech. Arsenal are the on PL team that have not had transfer activity for outfield players.

Martial is a good signing if not for the outlandish fee which was paid. Rumor has it that ManUtd had the option of signing Marco Reus for £60M but reneged on any fee to Dortmund above £50M. I know, insanity.

That was a good transfer window. Imagine if the NBA adopted the transfer system in Europe. Sign all the players you want regardless of players' contracts (length, terms) depending on the financial ability of each team. Not gonna happen, but fun to imagine nonetheless.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
By the way, I like the Martial buy. That's the sort of bold move that can really pay off if your talent evaluators have done their job. There were critics about a decade ago when Man U brought in some Portuguese kid. It's high risk, high reward, but Man U is supposed to have high aspirations.

I agree you have to take a risk, but Ronaldo was 17 when he made a debut at Sporting and it was impressive from the get go.

Martial is ummm yea 19, hasn't really been impressive and cost about 6-7 times more.

Could it pay off, yea, it could, but any investment could. At that price tag, I'd all in for lucas from PSG to be honest.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Disappointing that Arsene decides not to pursue any other player first-team player not named Petr Cech. Arsenal are the on PL team that have not had transfer activity for outfield players.

Martial is a good signing if not for the outlandish fee which was paid. Rumor has it that ManUtd had the option of signing Marco Reus for £60M but reneged on any fee to Dortmund above £50M. I know, insanity.

That was a good transfer window. Imagine if the NBA adopted the transfer system in Europe. Sign all the players you want regardless of players' contracts (length, terms) depending on the financial ability of each team. Not gonna happen, but fun to imagine nonetheless.

Not many strikers out there though. I guess they could go out of their way and overbid for benzema or cavani.. but that's not really the arsenal way.
rory
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

Not many strikers out there though. I guess they could go out of their way and overbid for benzema or cavani.. but that's not really the arsenal way.

Lacazette for was available £21 million
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

Go Baggies!!!
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

It's not if, it's when he gets fired. And the sooner the better.

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-united/story/2604714/man-united-stars-confronted-van-gaal-over-training-reports
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

It's all about the Ws. If he gets Ws in the league and the UCL, everything will be fine.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It's all about the Ws. If he gets Ws in the league and the UCL, everything will be fine.

I don't think they want to play for him. But we will see. I smell a defeat To Liverpool this coming weekend. Hope I'm wrong.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I don't think they want to play for him. But we will see. I smell a defeat To Liverpool this coming weekend. Hope I'm wrong.

He's staying unless something drastically awful happens (dropping out of the CL Knock-out stages, top four PL finish). Fergie had didn't have good results in the beginning, so give it time.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
No. 17 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

He's staying unless something drastically awful happens (dropping out of the CL Knock-out stages, top four PL finish). Fergie had didn't have good results in the beginning, so give it time.

Fergie built a team that was balanced with youth and experience. He had vision and was a great motivator. Players gave everything they had to play for Fergie. This guy has a sour face and seems to be good at alienating people. Look at what he did to Victor Valdez and Rafael. I can't see him staying too much longer.

The reports are coming from different sources:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3229886/Manchester-United-players-irked-Louis-van-Gaal-s-treatment-Victor-Valdes-Rafael.html
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
No. 17 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Fergie built a team that was balanced with youth and experience. He had vision and was a great motivator. Players gave everything they had to play for Fergie. This guy has a sour face and seems to be good at alienating people. Look at what he did to Victor Valdez and Rafael. I can't see him staying too much longer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3229886/Manchester-United-players-irked-Louis-van-Gaal-s-treatment-Victor-Valdes-Rafael.html

Ah, the DailyFail... on par with US Weekly for trashiest tabloid magazine in the world.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject:

And i other news.. Dea gea might stay after all.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/11/manchester-united-david-de-gea-new-contract
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
No. 17 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
No. 17 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Ah, the DailyFail... on par with US Weekly for trashiest tabloid magazine in the world.

Trashy or not these reports are coming from too many sources. And I think they're true. The 'results' speak for themselves. This guy ain't gonna last.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

All of these trashy?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-van-gaal-rooney-10027313

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15115/9914770/louis-van-gaals-bust-ups-victor-valdes-just-the-latest-to-clash-with-manchester-united-boss

http://talksport.com/football/shock-manchester-united-report-louis-van-gaal-confronted-senior-stars-over-training-methods

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/09/09/louis-van-gaal-clashing-manchester-united-players-119682/
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
All of these trashy?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-van-gaal-rooney-10027313

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15115/9914770/louis-van-gaals-bust-ups-victor-valdes-just-the-latest-to-clash-with-manchester-united-boss

http://talksport.com/football/shock-manchester-united-report-louis-van-gaal-confronted-senior-stars-over-training-methods

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/09/09/louis-van-gaal-clashing-manchester-united-players-119682/

Maybe not to the degree as The Mail; but in the age where ITKs write fodder for the masses to consume, take whatever's being 'reported' with a grain of salt.

It's common knowledge LVG hasn't had the best rapport with many high-profile players he's coached, so it's not surprising in the least when a story like this makes the back page of the Sports Column. Can't imagine Rooney or Carrick making a statement like this public, so I'd guess this 'story' was released to the media by a disgruntled player or staff. Combine that with criticism from former players about how 'boring' the playstyle has become and anything Manchester United related having the most views, you have the perfect makings of a story to sell/cash-in on ad revenues.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

Straight from the gaffer's mouth.

marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject:

pulling for Liverpool this weekend.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
pulling for Liverpool this weekend.

No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

OK so Jose is in deep bleep. I don't think Abramovitch fires him though. Signed him for a long time and for a lot of money.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

I so hope Jose gets the can!

What a finish by Daley Blind, how did Liverpool not see that coming?

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 9 of 28
Jump to: