Ohio Cop Pulls Over Black Man Who 'Made Direct Eye Contact' With Him
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Didn't say it worked, said they were trained.

Oh really?

jodeke wrote:
It's amazing how guilt can be read in the eyes.

Oops.

OK I concede guilt was a poor choice of words. Will you admit some officers are trained to read eye tells?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh really?

jodeke wrote:

Oops.

OK I concede that observation is mine and mine alone. Will you admit some officers are trained to read eye tells?

Not the eyes of a moving car's occupant in the dark @ 11pm, unless he wearing his Superman Freezeframe X-Ray Nightvision goggles with rapid cognitive reflex interpolator computer turned on.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh really?

jodeke wrote:

Oops.

OK I concede guilt was a poor choice of words. Will you admit some officers are trained to read eye tells?

Nice try. I don't have anything to "admit". I didn't say anything incorrect.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
When I was a kid I was told not to wave at a police officer, and I'm white. Its like poking the bear, many people think that police can't use reasonable judgment.

I don't get why this cop had his ego hurt so much that he had to pull someone over for looking at him. Seems very childish

Slaves were forced to not look their masters in the eye. It would be seen as sign of disrespect, that the slave possessed the notion that he was on equal footing as his master.

"You Given Me the Eye Boy?"

Back in the gangbanger hey days of the late 80's and early 90's, I was also told not to look at someone that might be a gangster in the eyes or you might get your ass beat.

Police officers, slave masters and gangsters.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
When I was a kid I was told not to wave at a police officer, and I'm white. Its like poking the bear, many people think that police can't use reasonable judgment.

I don't get why this cop had his ego hurt so much that he had to pull someone over for looking at him. Seems very childish

Slaves were forced to not look their masters in the eye. It would be seen as sign of disrespect, that the slave possessed the notion that he was on equal footing as his master.

Oddly enough, cops, slave owners and gorillas all share that same attitude. But at least gorillas don't go out of their way to force a confrontation.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
Avoid eye contact, you're hiding something.

Make eye contact, you're hiding something.

I should just poke my eyes out.

What are you hiding?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

Oddly enough, cops, slave owners and gorillas all share that same attitude. But at least gorillas don't go out of their way to force a confrontation.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/91706-lucy/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

just reading the first few comments has my heart hurting due to my imagination of this animal being forced to leave the side of the people who domesticated her. did the people really abandon her? my little shih-tzu was very intelligent, loving and filled with emotions..
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Hence, the name One Time. Look at them one time and that's ya ass
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

just reading the first few comments has my heart hurting due to my imagination of this animal being forced to leave the side of the people who domesticated her. did the people really abandon her? my little shih-tzu was very intelligent, loving and filled with emotions..

It was meant more for the chimp bullying story that kicked it off.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

It was meant more for the chimp bullying story that kicked it off.

I had a friend with a 160 iq who said that chimps are the most violent animals in the kingdom. they will terrorize other tribes when they want to takeover the land. ripping mother's and babies apart
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh really?

jodeke wrote:

Oops.

Not what I asked you. Do you believe officers are trained to read eyes?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh really?

jodeke wrote:

Oops.

Not what I asked you. Do you believe officers are trained to read eyes? You're a intelligent man DMR. Decipher my usual poor wording. I believe you know what I meant.

Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else have a police cruiser pull alongside you when you're driving to work at 3AM and shine their spotlight right in your face then speed off?

Had this happen to me twice and have been wondering what the hell it's about.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Anyone else have a police cruiser pull alongside you when you're driving to work at 3AM and shine their spotlight right in your face then speed off?

I've heard of this happen to a couple people before and can't help but think that the cop was trying to get a look at their eyes to see if they were bloodshot? In any event, it seems like a stupidly dangerous stunt to blind a driver of a moving vehicle with a spotlight.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Hammett wrote:

I've heard of this happen to a couple people before and can't help but think that the cop was trying to get a look at their eyes to see if they were bloodshot? In any event, it seems like a stupidly dangerous stunt to blind a driver of a moving vehicle with a spotlight.

reminder: they weed out the smarter applicants so that means the rules are created by those who score lower on aptitude tests
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: