Donald Trump feuds with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Donald Trump feuds with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Merge with politics thread if necessary, but I think this deserves its own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/09/02/heres-how-donald-trump-responded-to-my-essay-about-him/?tid=sm_fb

Original essay:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/09/02/kareem-abdul-jabbar-this-is-the-difference-between-donald-trump-and-bernie-sanders/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Trump was interesting, but I'm sure as time wears on he'll piss enough people off that nobody will end up voting for him except a small segment of middle America....
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Trump just has the attention now because most people aren't really paying enough attention to the primaries yet. They also largely dont care yet.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kareem is a fantastic writer and has always struck me as a well informed human being. His article was perfectly worded. Don's tactic of "Shut up! You're an idiot! Trust me!" will eventually come back to bite him in the ass.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Strangely, that reply in Sharpie applies more to [Trump] himself than anyone else. It was entertaining for a while, but he keeps going back to the same well for material and the novelty has worn off. Herman 999 Caine had a nice run too, before folks abandoned him around October 2011.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dear Kareem,

Now I know why the press always treated you so badly — they couldn’t stand you. The fact is that you don’t have a clue about life and what has to be done to make America great again!

Best wishes,

Donald Trump

1) Basically proved the point of Kareem's article

2) Kareem probably has had a richer life experience than 99% of the human race
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

Kareem has a 4 year degree in History from UCLA... a lot of people including myself look up to him... I only wish he was given a chance in coaching when he was younger he would have been great.. especially with Kobe.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

I wish Trump would back off. He might just piss off too many people and not get the Republican nomination. And you don't want that not to happen.

And yes, anytime I see something written by Kareem, it is a must read. He was a must see on the court and a must read off.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Dear Kareem,

Now I know why the press always treated you so badly — they couldn’t stand you. The fact is that you don’t have a clue about life and what has to be done to make America great again!

Best wishes,

Donald Trump

1) It makes me wonder about Trump's intelligence. Did he even read the article? And if he did, why would he be dumb enough to verify exactly what Kareem was saying about him?

2) If you have the privilege of being able to say you met Bruce Lee, yeah you've had a pretty good life experience.

*edit* You're going to think I'm lying, but I just noticed your avatar after I submitted my post. Pretty funny/weird.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Dear Kareem,

Best wishes,

Donald Trump

1) It makes me wonder about Trump's intelligence. Did he even read the article? And if he did, why would he be dumb enough to verify exactly what Kareem was saying about him?

2) If you have the privilege of being able to say you met Bruce Lee, yeah you've had a pretty good life experience.

*edit* You're going to think I'm lying, but I just noticed your avatar after I submitted my post. Pretty funny/weird.

I honestly don't think Trump read it.

If there's an insult to him, he just attacks. It's his shtick. He doesn't even care what the insult is, or why it was made. He just automatically responds.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

Kareem's going to be interviewed on Rachel Maddow show tonight. Pretty sure this will get discussed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

I have to give Trump credit for driving the political discussion at this point. That is something the Republican party is usually poor at doing.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I have to give Trump credit for driving the political discussion at this point. That is something the Republican party is usually poor at doing.

The Republican party is used to letting the Democrats define everything, and then be on the defensive the whole time.

While it's kind of funny seeing Trump be on the offense, he does it in a way that I dislike. I've seen the Democrats act this way far too much, and it doesn't make me feel any better that it's a Republican doing it now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Here's a guy that is supposed to be running for president......if he's getting butthurt over comments with tv reporters, basketball players, and other celebrities, what is he gonna do when a world leader pisses him off and he's got weapons at his disposal?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Here's a guy that is supposed to be running for president......if he's getting butthurt over comments with tv reporters, basketball players, and other celebrities, what is he gonna do when a world leader pisses him off and he's got weapons at his disposal?

https://media.giphy.com/media/DpB9NBAUhk8jIonwure/giphy.gif

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The Republican party is used to letting the Democrats define everything, and then be on the defensive the whole time.

While it's kind of funny seeing Trump be on the offense, he does it in a way that I dislike. I've seen the Democrats act this way far too much, and it doesn't make me feel any better that it's a Republican doing it now.

No, Republicans define the issues and Democrats do what they do within those narrow bounds. Frank Luntz Lee Atwater Turd Blossom etc. have had 'success'ful careers.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

That kind of vitriol is only permissible if Chris Chase or Kelly Dwyer were the author.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm not even going to get into the whole left vs. right thing. I actually hate those conversations because it's just the powers that be once again trying to divide us to keep the attention off of them. I actually have left and right views and don't believe someone can be all one way or the other. But, that's how this country works. But really though, America can't be serious putting this guy in the White House can we?!?! I know politicians lie like a rug, but who in their right mind thinks this guy is going to do ANY of the things he's saying? Build a fence and make Mexico pay for it???? Really??? If you were the President of Mexico and Trump called demanding money for a fence, what would your response be? It's common sense that this guy is full of it! I've always felt like there are some in the GOP, i.e. Cheney and McCain, that are weenies in real life that wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight yet get into politics and become powerful and all of a sudden wanna act tough and bully people...Trump reminds me of them. Notice he hasn't said anything about El Chapo since he escaped from prison...yeah where's the tough guy at now Trump?!?! He knows he better knock off the tough guy act with that guy before he becomes fertilizer. Some people actually mean what they say!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I'm not even going to get into the whole left vs. right thing. I actually hate those conversations because it's just the powers that be once again trying to divide us to keep the attention off of them. I actually have left and right views and don't believe someone can be all one way or the other. But, that's how this country works. But really though, America can't be serious putting this guy in the White House can we?!?! I know politicians lie like a rug, but who in their right mind thinks this guy is going to do ANY of the things he's saying? Build a fence and make Mexico pay for it???? Really??? If you were the President of Mexico and Trump called demanding money for a fence, what would your response be? It's common sense that this guy is full of it! I've always felt like there are some in the GOP, i.e. Cheney and McCain, that are weenies in real life that wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight yet get into politics and become powerful and all of a sudden wanna act tough and bully people...Trump reminds me of them. Notice he hasn't said anything about El Chapo since he escaped from prison...yeah where's the tough guy at now Trump?!?! He knows he better knock off the tough guy act with that guy before he becomes fertilizer. Some people actually mean what they say!

Its early in the election cycle, and Trump is making the most noise....
But I think common sense in prevail in the end....
Besides, if anybody thinks world leaders are gonna bow down to Trump because he talks big, they are in for a rude surprise.
He is playing in the world political sphere where top leaders have literally murdered their opposition and rivals on the way to the top.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I love Kareem but he should keep his mouth shut. Dude is once in a lifetime gift for bbal and laker
fans but his verbal garbage don't mean jack sh.. in the real world of politics.

Let me break down all the garbage in his letter.

1. Bernie's compassion
Hemingway committed suicide because his wife would not let him discontinue his electric shock
treatments....Thanks for defining courage for me dude...back to the real world.
We don't need another coward for another 8 years. Does compassion put food on the table?
Watch compassionate sander and his nice guy gang get shut down by two obnoxious women at his own rally..
Why would stand up for a guy who cant stand up for himself?
What does compassion have to do with making tough decisions? If you are a illegal immigrant
should I starve because you seek compassion? Should I feed your kids before my own?
because...compassion? Does america get compassion from the rest of the world?
no...just free handouts paid from the goodness of american hearts. Compassion isn't everything

2. Trump insulted a WOMAN.
Trump insulted a human being who was a woman. A woman who was targeting him instead of
doing what a moderator should do...stay unbiased. If you cant spot this in the debate then well..too
bad. Trump is immune the political correctness trap and public shaming, especially by women.
And there is nothing wrong with alienating women. Just like men should be and have been
alienated when we commit horrible crimes and systematic social injustice. There is nothing reasonable
about attacking one candidate, pulling words out of context and acting high/mighty.
Trump doesn't f... around. Respect that you manginas. Since when did men live around a
women's idea of what is appropriate anyway.

3. Ramos.
Ramos wants to run his mouth before being prompted to state his question...right at the start of trump's
convention...Trump is NOT sanders...
Ramos is also critical of building a wall and deporting illegal immigrants but is he is nothing but a biased
figurehead. What's counter plan again? Maintain status quo LOLL> Would he be willing to take homeless
Americans in Mexico and feed them?
America is not white brown or black...its full of Americans.
There are millions of Latinos in america who have legal status and are Americans...represent them... not
Mexican citizens living ILLEGALLY in america...

Anyways...I am not always a big trump fan because I don't support deporting children. But screw the Clinton/bush
dynasty. Screw sellout feminism out for its own agenda. Screw women voting Hilla-WRONG just because..woman.
Screw this biased media coverage and media personalities using trump to gain clicks...screw the media especially...
screw congress and the multi-TRILLION dollar lobbying industry. Screw the high percentage of latinos/blacks in jail
and prison cash train. Divide and conquer has never been more popular.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Somebody is watching too much Fox News.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Time to continue this in the Political thread for those interested in discussing further.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: