anyone else excited all the young assets Mitch accumulated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

Our D-league team will be littered with new young talent also
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will possibly sign 2 more players for training camp (according to sauces).

yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Seeing Clarkson getting 19-20 ppg this season tho.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

I can't wait to see those Randle, clarkson, Russell PnR, PnP. That's our future !

If I were the coach that would be the play i ran all game long switching between Russell and clarkson as the PnR handler. Maybe have nance at center to clean up the offensive boards or catch lobs under the basket?

Nance
Randle
Whoever
Clarkson
Russell

All day
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Spotted upshaw at the Seattle pro am so it's good to see his staying active and playing ball
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I can't wait to see those Randle, clarkson, Russell PnR, PnP. That's our future !

If I were the coach that would be the play i ran all game long switching between Russell and clarkson as the PnR handler. Maybe have nance at center to clean up the offensive boards or catch lobs under the basket?

Nance
Randle
Whoever
Clarkson
Russell

All day

I drool thinking of our young core in a modern offense! I'm even higher then most on Anthony Brown.

That's why I'm hype for 2k16, I can run that style O lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Nance
Randle
Whoever
Clarkson
Russell

All day

I drool thinking of our young core in a modern offense! I'm even higher then most on Anthony Brown.

I can't wait for 2k16 either but I'm more excited about my player 😂

Training camp around the corner
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
22 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Nance
Randle
Whoever
Clarkson
Russell

All day

I can't wait for 2k16 either but I'm more excited about my player 😂

Training camp around the corner

Let's hope Byron has them doing more than wind sprints this time! Lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Nance
Randle
Whoever
Clarkson
Russell

All day
The potential is endless, especially if the Brown brothers off season work gets them into the rotation.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

It will be a very big improvement over last year. As long as the Lakers keep improving then they should return to winning form sooner than later.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:

The NBA is an extremely competitive league. Our young talent is unproven except for Clarkson. Getting excited is really hard because our talent is a mix of unproven young and questionable veteran talent. Some of the vet talent is proven, however will our vet mix with the young. Scott is in a very difficult position, I would not his job, except for his paycheck. Mixing a whole new team is going to be a challenge, good luck Scott.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
The NBA is an extremely competitive league. Our young talent is unproven except for Clarkson. Getting excited is really hard because our talent is a mix of unproven young and questionable veteran talent. Some of the vet talent is proven, however will our vet mix with the young. Scott is in a very difficult position, I would not his job, except for his paycheck. Mixing a whole new team is going to be a challenge, good luck Scott.

Agree. The young guys totally lack any NBA experience. The ones that stick will get a nice look at the league and could go on to gel very nicely in the future BUT don't look for any miracles this coming season; we'll get the pains of any re-biulding team...

Just enjoy the ride, but it takes time...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Voices wrote:

Agree. The young guys totally lack any NBA experience. The ones that stick will get a nice look at the league and could go on to gel very nicely in the future BUT don't look for any miracles this coming season; we'll get the pains of any re-biulding team...

Just enjoy the ride, but it takes time...

AGREED!
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I hope we can do the same what the Jazz did for the final 2 months of last season.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Our young talents need to show us not only skills and stat, but also competiveness and willingness to be great, not good.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We have to understand that some of these young guys may have a very short Lakers tenure. The FO wants to be in contention as fast as possible as we are likely missing the playoffs for a 3rd straight year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
We have to understand that some of these young guys may have a very short Lakers tenure. The FO wants to be in contention as fast as possible as we are likely missing the playoffs for a 3rd straight year.

With the cap sky rocketing, I don't see any superstar being traded. Fact is that just about every team will have max money to add talent to whoever they have in place now.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Nance
Randle
Whoever
Clarkson
Russell

All day

I'm using a custom roster for 2K15, and usually use a 4-7 play playbook, consisting of pnr and some quick developing motion sets. Because the plays in this game usually go through one sequence and then terminate (much like the Lakers offense), the trick is to audible the PnR at certain points in the play's development to create a flow.

It's also nice to use that PnR call because you can control whether to roll hard, pop, or slip on the fly. Much like in real life, rolling is a high percentage shot for the roll man if he's open (not that common) but more often opens up the wing shooters or a ball handler attack. If you want Randle to make the play either for himself, or others, then you hold it a bit longer for the pop and then go into your dribble moves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
22 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Nance
Randle
Whoever
Clarkson
Russell

All day

I'm using a custom roster for 2K15, and usually use a 4-7 play playbook, consisting of pnr and some quick developing motion sets. Because the plays in this game usually go through one sequence and then terminate (much like the Lakers offense), the trick is to audible the PnR at certain points in the play's development to create a flow.

It's also nice to use that PnR call because you can control whether to roll hard, pop, or slip on the fly. Much like in real life, rolling is a high percentage shot for the roll man if he's open (not that common) but more often opens up the wing shooters or a ball handler attack. If you want Randle to make the play either for himself, or others, then you hold it a bit longer for the pop and then go into your dribble moves.

Yes! Fiend, I was meaning to post in your X & O thread yesterday because 2k sports released some videos showing the new offense/defense mechanics from 2k16. They have 2 sets specifically from the Lakers O and I wanted you to take a look at it.

They also have more options on controlling PnR now(like selecting which side you want the screen on). Wanted to hear your thoughts.

I can't really link it because their website doesn't work on my work comp, but if you go to operationsports.com and click on the links for the 2k16 blogs for "OG" and the "Da_Czar" you'll get the latest and greatest
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes! Fiend, I was meaning to post in your X & O thread yesterday because 2k sports released some videos showing the new offense/defense mechanics from 2k16. They have 2 sets specifically from the Lakers O and I wanted you to take a look at it.

They also have more options on controlling PnR now(like selecting which side you want the screen on). Wanted to hear your thoughts.

I can't really link it because their website doesn't work on my work comp, but if you go to operationsports.com and click on the links for the 2k16 blogs for "OG" and the "Da_Czar" you'll get the latest and greatest

The two sets you posted are probably part of the Princeton series that they are adding this year, where last year they added the triangle. Unfortunately those videos are too short- they just show the initial motion, which they have in 2K15, rather than any kind of flow. I think the low post Princeton one is called Punch 25 in 2K15.

Will be interesting if they try to implement all of the options of the Princeton for the Lakers in the game, because we don't really run that offense. We just borrow some sets from it, just like we borrow some sets from the Triangle. Not that I would use either version anyway.

Regarding the blog, the offensive refinements are nice (I like that we'll be able to set up early offense systems), but I'm more excited about the improvements they made for the defensive aspect. Particularly, being able to have pre-rotations on PnR coverage and pre-setting help defense rules. Previously, you had to move your guys there yourself if you wanted to do that, and subject the rest of the court to AI idiocy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:

The two sets you posted are probably part of the Princeton series that they are adding this year, where last year they added the triangle. Unfortunately those videos are too short- they just show the initial motion, which they have in 2K15, rather than any kind of flow. I think the low post Princeton one is called Punch 25 in 2K15.

Will be interesting if they try to implement all of the options of the Princeton for the Lakers in the game, because we don't really run that offense. We just borrow some sets from it, just like we borrow some sets from the Triangle. Not that I would use either version anyway.

Regarding the blog, the offensive refinements are nice (I like that we'll be able to set up early offense systems), but I'm more excited about the improvements they made for the defensive aspect. Particularly, being able to have pre-rotations on PnR coverage and pre-setting help defense rules. Previously, you had to move your guys there yourself if you wanted to do that, and subject the rest of the court to AI idiocy.

Oooh that's nice, I hadn't even read that far. That sounds really cool if it works like they describe it. I'm really excited for this one as it'll be my first 2k since 2k11
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: