Lakers: place your random Lakers thoughts here, that don't fit anywhere else
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ I'm no Lebron fan by any means but good lord your logic is all over the map on that one. The moral of the story is great teams win rings. Kobe by himself couldn't win it without help. Neither could MJ. Even Lebron can't win it all by himself.

yinoma, my friend...you're not keeping the spirit of this thread. leave the logic out and come in blasting with your emotions!

Kobe can win it without help, of course he can! He's just not allowed to, per nba rules or something.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker jersey are outdated and that's main reason why marquee free agents don't want to play here. Update the jerseys and the FA's will come.

So sayeth me!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Laker jersey are outdated and that's main reason why marquee free agents don't want to play here. Update the jerseys and the FA's will come.

So sayeth me!

I actually think we'll be getting new jerseys next year if Kobe retires.

It would be perfect to usher in a new era.

Just like the Kobe/Shaq era got new jerseys once we moved into Staples
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Kava wrote:

So sayeth me!

I don't mind the design changes. But lately, the changes have been dumb. The undershirt look? yuck. How about they play in ribbed wife beaters?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
22 wrote:
Kava wrote:

So sayeth me!

I don't mind the design changes. But lately, the changes have been dumb. The undershirt look? yuck. How about they play in ribbed wife beaters?

lol, yeah some are dumb. Although the black Hollywood nights ones grew on me.

I'd like to see a return to the classic "U" neck style jersey
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
22 wrote:
Kava wrote:

So sayeth me!

lol, yeah some are dumb. Although the black Hollywood nights ones grew on me.

I'd like to see a return to the classic "U" neck style jersey

the whole black theme looks great. I'd be more into alternative color schemes than actual design changes. Like the oregon football team...how many kinds of uniforms do they have? i'd do the same for the lakers. the blacks are awesome, the Minneapolis blues were awesome too. you know what i'd like? a very dark, rich purple with an almost metallic gold on it. oh yea.
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Enough with the Kobe impersonations. It was funny the first time...
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind having Kendal Marshal back.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I believe Battier always played Lebron real well. I choose Battier.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:

Puke. Did not like Kendall Marshall.

We already have Huertas which should offer the same or better performance
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

According to some we already got a new Kendall Marshall with the #2 pick.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:

I wouldn't mind having Magic and Pat Riley back if they were 30 years younger. js

http://www.hothothoops.com/2015/9/2/9253331/pat-riley-miami-heat-anniversary-samuel-jackson-magic-johnson-arison
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I believe Battier always played Lebron real well. I choose Battier.

That's because battier is a better player than lebron.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

saw this comment on youtube by NPZ and it made me laugh again

NPZ wrote:

JR Reid, JR Rider, JR Smith. If you have those initials, you're likely to be an idiot.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
saw this comment on youtube by NPZ and it made me laugh again

NPZ wrote:

JR Reid, JR Rider, JR Smith. If you have those initials, you're likely to be an idiot.

JR Ewing?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Instead of trying to shut down Lebron with Pippen.
I'd rather make him go against a tough defensive assignment that would wear him out.
Prime Dominique Williams or Dr. J would be fun to watch.

Especially considering the last 2 finals MVPs were people Lebron was guarding.
King James! Making Kawhi Leonard and Iggy MVPs!

I cheer against Lebron (except on the Olympics) but put Kobe or even Jordan in the same situation as Lebron this past Finals, I highly doubt they could fare better.

It's a team thing and the other team's best player in the past 2 Finals was rewarded despite Lebron putting up otherwise unworldly stats.

I think Allen Iverson did more with less the year he lost to us in the finals.
He didn't even have a Kyrie Irving or a Kevin Love to get hurt in the first place. I challenge anyone to name the 76ers starting lineup from that finals (without looking it up).

Lebron's problem is his mindset. He truly believes he needs two other healthy all stars to win. And that spills over to his teammates. It's why everyone freaked out in Miami when Wade missed time. And it's why Cleveland was mentally defeated before their series was over.

Kobe, Jordan, or AI wouldn't have done any better with that Cleveland team. But I wouldn't expect them to. That Cleveland team has been tailor made to fit Lebron's skillset. One thing is for sure, Kobe or Jordan wouldn't let their individual matchup be the most effective player on the other team.

One other reason I dont like lebron. Kobe and MJ didn't make all their teammates change their game, just to fit in. Shaq had the whole paint to himself, and Kobe still did damage. Pippen had plenty of opportunity to play to his strengths alongside Jordan.
With Lebron. Bosh and Love were forced to become spot up jump shooters, and wade and Kyrie have to spend stretches of the game off ball so King James gets his touches and is happy.
sketchblaze
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject:

Random thought: Did you guys know Kobe shoots like 20% on game winners? and that the Lakers suffer a huge dropoff offensively late in close games throughout Kobes career?

and we have people perpetuating the myth that Lebron of all people is somehow not clutch (but Kobe somehow is) in this very thread. it's 2015 lmao
joedanvan22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'd rather make him go against a tough defensive assignment that would wear him out.

I cheer against Lebron (except on the Olympics) but put Kobe or even Jordan in the same situation as Lebron this past Finals, I highly doubt they could fare better.

It's a team thing and the other team's best player in the past 2 Finals was rewarded despite Lebron putting up otherwise unworldly stats.

He didn't even have a Kyrie Irving or a Kevin Love to get hurt in the first place. I challenge anyone to name the 76ers starting lineup from that finals (without looking it up).

Lebron's problem is his mindset. He truly believes he needs two other healthy all stars to win. And that spills over to his teammates. It's why everyone freaked out in Miami when Wade missed time. And it's why Cleveland was mentally defeated before their series was over.

Kobe, Jordan, or AI wouldn't have done any better with that Cleveland team. But I wouldn't expect them to. That Cleveland team has been tailor made to fit Lebron's skillset. One thing is for sure, Kobe or Jordan wouldn't let their individual matchup be the most effective player on the other team.

One other reason I dont like lebron. Kobe and MJ didn't make all their teammates change their game, just to fit in. Shaq had the whole paint to himself, and Kobe still did damage. Pippen had plenty of opportunity to play to his strengths alongside Jordan.
With Lebron. Bosh and Love were forced to become spot up jump shooters, and wade and Kyrie have to spend stretches of the game off ball so King James gets his touches and is happy.

allen iverson
eric snow
raja bell
tyrone hill
mutombo
joedanvan22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject:

dam i was close it was iverson, mckie, jumaine jones, hill and mutombo
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

When Kobe was #8, almost every game I would go wow! or did you see that!,
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If Lebron had Kobe or Jordan's mindset he would be the GOAT. He would have far more refined skills which would allow hit to better fit his game to others instead of them having to fit their games to him. Then he would actually be deserving of the "making his teammates better" label that he gets
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

Not sure what that means. How did Kobe/Jordan let others "fit his game?"

I think it's the other way around. Bulls/Lakers got guys that fit Jordan/Kobe's game. Pippen took off the defensive/ball handling load, got a bunch of shooters and tough bigs.

Lakers post-Shaq got Pau, who fit Kobe perfectly.

The fault with Lebron IMO is that he is quick to leave the scene of the accident, and blame his teammates rather than uplift them.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think it's the other way around. Bulls/Lakers got guys that fit Jordan/Kobe's game. Pippen took off the defensive/ball handling load, got a bunch of shooters and tough bigs.

The fault with Lebron IMO is that he is quick to leave the scene of the accident, and blame his teammates rather than uplift them.

What I'm saying is.
Pau and Shaq didn't have to leave the paint and shoot 3's so Kobe would have room to penetrate.
Both those big men where able to play in their comfort zones, and Kobe still was dominant.
There's alot more to Bosh and Love's skillsets besides shooting long 2s or 3s. But if you only watched those big men play with Lebron. One wouldn't know that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What I'm saying is.
Pau and Shaq didn't have to leave the paint and shoot 3's so Kobe would have room to penetrate.
Both those big men where able to play in their comfort zones, and Kobe still was dominant.
There's alot more to Bosh and Love's skillsets besides shooting long 2s or 3s. But if you only watched those big men play with Lebron. One wouldn't know that.

exactly. Name a player who's skillset was marginalized playing with Jordan/Kobe.

Jeremy Lin?

But with Lebron there has been Bosh, Love, Wade, Kyrie...all had to make huge adjustments to play with him
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
>Autumn 2003
>best friend invites me over for beer & food
>mentions hot chick classmate will also be there
>immediately perk up
>hurry to get dressed, try to wash sperginess off of my face
>putmeincoach.jpg
>suddenly remember she has a boyfriend, a Pac-10 track star
>reptile brain refuses to process this info
>relevant mack skills at that age: strong instincts for prospecting long-term friendzones, powerpoint, excel
>have no idea what I'm even gonna say
>at the last minute, grab Lakers "flashlight" giveaway from season home opener vs Mavs
>it projects Lakers logo and honestly looks pretty cool in 2003
>flash it once on the wall to make sure batteries aren't dead
>dude this thing is so cool, seriously this girl is going to want my D
>run over to friend's house, knock
>venus herself opens door
>she's delighted to see me even though the first time we met I killed her one of her favorite turtles when I used canned duster to blow bubbles in her aquarium
>she goes in for a hug
>brain shuts down
>set phasers to autism
>I start the hug process, but then balk at the last second
>she's puzzled
>quickly shine the Lakers light in her face
>she's cringing in wonderment
>I held the light on her face for a good 10 seconds because didn't know how to exit this situation
>this is what suicides are made of
>she says something
>can only hear the emptiness in my soul
>could've been 15 seconds, maybe 20, I don't know anymore

Looks like a 4chan post mate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16
Jump to: