ESPN: Lakers Interested in Demarcus Cousins (Woj: Kings looking to hire Calipari, fire Karl; Calipari denies being contacted and isn't interested in leaving KY, pg.186)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Why waste our time when the Kings obviously don't want to trade Cousins?

Waste whose time? Us fans? The organization? Both?

As fans, you can say most of the things we talk about on this board are a waste of time since our opinions hold no influence on the team.

As for why should the Lakers waste their time. If you have an opportunity to get the best player at their respective position you explore it to it's fullest. It's not over until he's traded to another team or signs an extension.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Extension? He's on one of the most cap friendly deals until 2018 (relative to talent). I highly doubt kings trade him for young players that you don't even think are very good in the first place.
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Extension? He's on one of the most cap friendly deals until 2018 (relative to talent). I highly doubt kings trade him for young players that you don't even think are very good in the first place.

I believe after next year he's eligible for an extension. Why not give him a max extension if things are panning out?

Only the one player. And I don't think he's good enough for us. He's good enough for every other team though. Plus, my opinion is in the minority right now. He put in the work, but we can thank Steph Curry for boosting his stock to another level.
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

I must say though you are the king of taking one sentence out of someone's whole point and making that the topic.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:

I'm basing things on the premise that the Kings have already explored a trade with us at this point. The seed's already planted. If things don't work out the way they want before the trade deadline and they look to trade Cousins again I believe we have the best deal for them this season. That's where I'm coming from.

If things aren't working out for the Kings this season, why would they need to limit themselves to what could be offered by the 2016 NBA trade Deadline?

Based on your disaster scenario for Sacramento, the season would likely be lost and making a trade in February 2016 wouldn't be able to save it.

Quote:

They might wait until his deal is about to expire. But, they might not. We have to be ready for the opportunity at any time.

The opportunity for the Lakers to trade for Cousins might have been there in June 2015 leading into the Draft. Apparently the Kings weren't that desperate to trade Cousins and/or Mitch offered less than what the Kings wanted.

Quote:

Their new arena is scheduled to open October 2016. They want momentum going into that. Right now that means trying to make the playoffs. But, it could easily and quickly turn to getting a new young player to be excited about and to build around.

If their 2015 - 2016 season is lost, it will be hard to generate momentum for the remainder of the season with a trade in February unless the Kings absolutely Win the trade which isn't what you are suggesting.

To generate excitement and a buzz for the the 2016 - 2017 season, they could wait until Summer 2016 to see what is possible in a trade of Cousins.

Quote:

Let that be Russell for them. Hibbert might help them not completely fall off the cliff without Cousins this season.

One of the reasons that the Pacers wanted to trade Hibbert this Summer is because they want to play faster this season.

What do you think is one of the main reasons why George Karl was (is?) interested in getting the Kings to trade Cousins?

Quote:

Plus he could re-sign with them or just come off the books. Other players or picks from us also might intrigue them.

Based on Vlade's actions - moves, he would have preferred pure Cap Space in Summer 2015 rather than waiting for Hibbert's contract to expire in Summer 2016.

Quote:

Your trade scenario seems like it could have worked. But, we wanted to save cap space for free agents.

Of course taking on those contracts wasn't what the Lakers FO and presumably the fanbase wanted to do because the salaries of Cousins, Landry and Thompson would take up most, if not all of the Cap Space. It would also have created an unbalanced roster for the Lakers.

Cousins, Thompson
Randle, Landry, Nance, Kelly
Kobe, A Brown
Young?
J Brown?

Since the Lakers are thin in Draft picks and your scenario wasn't sending that many high potential young players to the Kings, Cap Space was the only thing left of value that Mitch could possibly offer to Sacramento.

Cousins will be under contract for the:

2015 - 2016 Season
2016 - 2016 Season
2017 - 2018 Season.

I understand the desire by the fanbase for the Lakers FO to Win every trade, but that tends to happen only in Distress Situations and currently the Kings aren't in a Distress Situation with Cousins.

Quote:

I'd trade Clarkson alongside Russell then, now, and later, but we'd need a PG in return. If that's Collison then it can happen soon. If that's Rondo then we'd have to wait until December. Or a third team could get involved.

Sending back Collison or Rondo subtracts from the value of the incoming trade package for the Kings.

What is a third team going to get for being involved in the trade?

Quote:

You don't close the door completely shut. You leave it cracked open just in case. We had the same standing offer for Dwight Howard for a year. The Magic waited to take it until his contract was about to expire to take it. But, it was the same offer and it was there the whole time. We never took it off the table.

Of course Mitch can tell Vlade that he is still interested in trading for Cousins, but until Vlade calls Mitch back to discuss, it doesn't mean much.

In the Dwight Howard trade, Orlando sent him to the Western Conference while your scenario with Cousins has him staying in the Western Conference and in the same Division as the Kings.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I believe after next year he's eligible for an extension. Why not give him a max extension if things are panning out?

Only the one player. And I don't think he's good enough for us. He's good enough for every other team though. Plus, my opinion is in the minority right now. He put in the work, but we can thank Steph Curry for boosting his stock to another level.

Because the cap in 2018 will be much higher than in 2016. He isn't going to shortchange himself financially let alone curtail his ability to be a free agent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:
I must say though you are the king of taking one sentence out of someone's whole point and making that the topic.

I have been consistent about his unbelievably cap friendly deal from day 1.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Why waste our time when the Kings obviously don't want to trade Cousins?

Waste whose time? Us fans? The organization? Both?

As fans, you can say most of the things we talk about on this board are a waste of time since our opinions hold no influence on the team.

As for why should the Lakers waste their time. If you have an opportunity to get the best player at their respective position you explore it to it's fullest. It's not over until he's traded to another team or signs an extension.

That is my point, they do not have the opportunity. The Kings are building their team around Cousins, they do not want to trade him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

Yup, as we saw, it appeared that it was from Cousin's agent re: the trade rumors. The Kings have at every opportunity, including the owner, have rebuffed any notions of trading him...and for good reason b/c you don't get too many top 5 centers for the cheap contract he is on.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:

We already have Hibbert, If we trade for Cousins, Hibbert is going to be sacrificed, and that means we're giving up defense.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
We already have Hibbert, If we trade for Cousins, Hibbert is going to be sacrificed, and that means we're giving up defense.

Yeah forget the certified 20/11 guy, let's worry about the 12/7 guy.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject:

If you were Washington, would you trade Beal and Nene for Cousins?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Cousins working on his 3-ball.
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article38730999.html
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Reunite Wall and DMC and get rid of Nene in a fell swoop? I'd really think hard about that one because Beal is the truth and him and Wall are a dangerous young backcourt tandem, up there with the Splash Bros. IMO.

Alan Anderson is also down from ankle surgery so they'd be hurting at the SG spot, maybe using Gary Neal there in the interim. If it were me I'd see how things looked heading into the All-Star break and if it's viable, put the package together. Look for an SG elsewhere and gear up for the big push for Durant.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

If you were Vlade, would you make that trade?
24KT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:

I'd sacrifice hibbert and tarik to the hawks for Horford and Horford-Randle-young for cousins
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If Cousins rocks the boat enough, I would.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I would hold out for a better package if I was Vlade and had to trade Cousins.

If George Karl was involved in creating the problems with Cousins, I would move Karl and hope that would settle the situation.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I would hold out for a better package if I was Vlade and had to trade Cousins.

If George Karl was involved in creating the problems with Cousins, I would move Karl and hope that would settle the situation.

I can't think of a better package they could realistically get if Cousins is publicly voicing his frustration.
Can't keep kicking out coaches for a player who will never be happy. Carl is their third coach in 2 years.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject:

Send Russell and Randle for Cousins. Sign Al Horford and Durant in the offseason.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject:

My favorite Cousins Vine:

https://vine.co/v/OFe5uzrOj5K
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Send Russell and Randle for Cousins. Sign Al Horford and Durant in the offseason.

There no way that happens.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

There no way that happens.

Which part and why?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

Because Russell and Randle > Cousins
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should look into Cousins trade again. I would send them Randle, Clarkson, Hibbert and even Nance for Cousins.

pf-Kelly/Bass
sf-Bryant/Young/Peace
C-Cousins/Black/Sacre/Upshaw
PG-Russell/Huertas
sg-ABrown/Williams/JBrown/Frazier

The team makes more sense now, though it would be extremely painful for me to part with Nance, but you got to give up something to get something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 193 of 194
Jump to: