Hornets Al Jefferson lost 20 pounds by ditching fried chicken
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
22 wrote:
do you guys like Church's chicken? Of the fast food chicken joints (KFC, Popeyes, etc) They're my favorite. Those honey biscuits are ridiculous

All 3 are disgusting.

Try Donahoo's Chicken in Pomona on Gary Ave. You'll never eat crappy chain chicken ever again.

Pomona's within driving distance. I'm gonna check it out. For the record I can't stand KFC, but I like Popeyes and Church's

If you're east, there is also one in Ontario or at least there used to be. Dude be prepared this is life changing, Al Jefferson career ending type chicken we are talking about. I've been known to take random road trips from the bay area with the sole intent being of a box of Donahoo's, no lie.

On and its cash only so don't forget to stop at an ATM not in Pomona.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
22 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
22 wrote:
do you guys like Church's chicken? Of the fast food chicken joints (KFC, Popeyes, etc) They're my favorite. Those honey biscuits are ridiculous

All 3 are disgusting.

Try Donahoo's Chicken in Pomona on Gary Ave. You'll never eat crappy chain chicken ever again.

Pomona's within driving distance. I'm gonna check it out. For the record I can't stand KFC, but I like Popeyes and Church's

If you're east, there is also one in Ontario or at least there used to be. Dude be prepared this is life changing, Al Jefferson career ending type chicken we are talking about. I've been known to take random road trips from the bay area with the sole intent being of a box of Donahoo's, no lie.

On and its cash only so don't forget to stop at an ATM not in Pomona.

bahahaha will do! Any side recommendations?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

[quote="22"][quote="lakerjoshua"][quote="22"][quote="lakerjoshua"][quote="22"]do you guys like Church's chicken? Of the fast food chicken joints (KFC, Popeyes, etc) They're my favorite. Those honey biscuits are ridiculous[/quote]

All 3 are disgusting.

Try Donahoo's Chicken in Pomona on Gary Ave. You'll never eat crappy chain chicken ever again.[/quote]

Pomona's within driving distance. I'm gonna check it out. For the record I can't stand KFC, but I like Popeyes and Church's[/quote]

On and its cash only so don't forget to stop at an ATM not in Pomona.[/quote]
bahahaha will do! Any side recommendations?[/quote]

All of em and an extra box or 2 so you have leftovers when the craving for more kicks in the next day. Scout out a park or someplace to sit and eat it close by while its hot. It's take out only so no inside seating. Again, not a park in Pomona but close by.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

All of em and an extra box or 2 so you have leftovers when the craving for more kicks in the next day. Scout out a park or someplace to sit and eat it close by while its hot. It's take out only so no inside seating. Again, not a park in Pomona but close by.

Haha P-town's not that bad but good heads up. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Haha P-town's not that bad but good heads up. Thanks

The one in Ontario has sit in dining room and is a little nicer. All this chicken talk got me craving, mouth is literally watering.. Might be time for a long weekend road trip. Tell my wife I'm visiting friends in Rancho Cucamonga.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject:

An NBA player eating Fried Chicken?
Contract year.

"Big Al" stopped caring about the game a couple of years ago.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject:

A lot of NBA players eat a lot of junk/fast food.
Because they burn off so many calories and fat, it doesn't really show on most players.

The thing with some guys, they go into the offseason, they don't work out as much or have an injury to recover, and then they're still craving the same food as during the regular season. I mean habits are habits. If you eat it regularly, not working out won't change that need. That's when the weight or fat gets put on, IMO. The offseason. I've rarely seen a player with bad eating habits ever be out of shape if he were working out year round. Look at Kobe. Up until a few years ago, Kobe ate horribly for an all time great athlete. Burgers. Fried Mexican food. Etc.

It's also why you see many of these guys become fat after their playing careers, and suffer health wise in their 50's, which is pretty young so to speak.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
70sdude wrote:
That's an admirable move but for an athlete probably one close to essential.

I'm about to lose a bet with my wife that I can give up pizza for longer than she can give up fried chicken. We're on four months now, and I'm down 15 pounds. We're traveling to Chicago next month for a wedding, and I'll be at Lou Malnati's and Unos before the plane lands.

What does the loser have to do?

Loser is along for the ride on vacation late next Spring, and her choice figures to be us heading back to sleepy San Gimignano for a couple weeks. It's pretty enough there, but it gets a little dull for my taste after a few days. The food and wine carries me, ironically.

http://www.discovertuscany.com/san-gimignano/
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
70sdude wrote:

I'm about to lose a bet with my wife that I can give up pizza for longer than she can give up fried chicken. We're on four months now, and I'm down 15 pounds. We're traveling to Chicago next month for a wedding, and I'll be at Lou Malnati's and Unos before the plane lands.

What does the loser have to do?

Loser is along for the ride on vacation late next Spring, and her choice figures to be us heading back to sleepy San Gimignano for a couple weeks. It's pretty enough there, but it gets a little dull for my taste after a few days. The food and wine carries me, ironically.

http://www.discovertuscany.com/san-gimignano/

So basically, your punishment for losing is having to go to Italy? You can have all the pizza you want there.

Where's your choice?

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

Compared to where I'd rather go for a late Spring vacation (Scotland, Ireland, England), Tuscany is definitely below second place for me.

BTW, pizza's not even a thing there in TUscany; one hardly finds it except in tourist dives. The region specializes in other great dishes, of potato, rice, pasta, bread, cheese, beans, greens, lamb, rabbit, duck and pork. There's one place which makes a bean and rice soup in Sienna that we could eat happily almost every day of our lives.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Compared to where I'd rather go for a late Spring vacation (Scotland, Ireland, England), Tuscany is definitely below second place for me.

BTW, pizza's not even a thing there in TUscany; one hardly finds it except in tourist dives. The region specializes in other great dishes, of potato, rice, pasta, bread, cheese, beans, greens, lamb, rabbit, duck and pork. There's one place which makes a bean and rice soup in Sienna that we could eat happily almost every day of our lives.

Why not try going someplace new in Italy? Seems kind of boring to just go to the same place over and over.

My choice (in Europe) would be somewhere in Scandinavia.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

You have my sympathies, avoiding pizza in Chicago is about as likely as Sacre averaging 20 rebounds a game.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Why not try going someplace new in Italy? Seems kind of boring to just go to the same place over and over.

The Mrs has family in a village near San Jimmy. Once every few years isn't so bad, in fact it's not bad at all - just not my first pick for our next trip.

Norway and Sweden are a blast, and Denmark better still.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
70sdude wrote:

The Mrs has family in a village near San Jimmy. Once every few years isn't so bad, in fact it's not bad at all - just not my first pick for our next trip.

I really want to go to Stockholm or Copenhagen for some reason.

vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

If you're going to lose a bet for it go to Pequods. Now if you can hold out until Sunday and you can get a reservation at Table Fifty-Two (which only serves fried chicken on Sundays) I've been told its amazing (by my wife who went without me).
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Come to Portugal!
Lisbon is hot nowadays, and relatively cheap compared to central, and especially Northern Europe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: