Players that Our Young Core Should Study/Emulate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
DLO:
Harden- all around style of play
Nash- angles, vision, body control
Curry- shooting, shot selection, handles
CP3-mid range
Magic- flash, leadership

Randle:
Barkley
Blake
Mason
Odom
Metta

Clarkson:
Westbrook
Rose
Rip Hamilton (play off ball with D'LO)
Kobe

I like the Clarkson: DRose/Rip Hamilton pairing.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Honest question, who should Kobe emulate in his 20th season?

Gordon Hayward. Though it'd help if he was in a similar offense.

yes, this is a great one.
Hayward balances being a facilitator with scoring the ball very naturally. One of my favorite players. I'm guessing their O improved in the 2nd half of the year, bcuz the first half; it was a way too dependent on Hayward. Nobody else could create a shot, so the ball always rotated back to him, and he had to shoot a lot of bail out shots, reminds me of Kobe.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject:

Metta World Peace
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject:

Just heard a podcast with Zach Lowe/Baxter Holmes. Lowe said that scouts/NBA execs have said that Larry Nance is sneakily someone to keep an eye on, that he has "Draymond Green" potential with his versatility.

NOICE.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just heard a podcast with Zach Lowe/Baxter Holmes. Lowe said that scouts/NBA execs have said that Larry Nance is sneakily someone to keep an eye on, that he has "Draymond Green" potential with his versatility.

NOICE.

Can we get someone from our scouting department on the bench? Honestly the way the scouting department picks players is exactly how I would craft a team. They have all the archetypes I like in BBall.

The way the coaching staff uses them however...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
DLo - I'd like to see him watch some tape of Andre Miller, Derek Harper, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw (Prime version w/ only a little of older versioin), and for offense, maybe even James Harden...all the "bigger" type point guards/ball handling guards that couldn't really rely on athleticism to be successful in the league.

JR - Absolutely agree with Anthony Mason. I had said it in the draft thread and the thread discussing who he reminds people of. All the "experts" were saying Zach Randolph, but after seeing him in summer league last year, Anthony Mason was the first player that came to mind (except, Randle has way more up side, currently). Mason found a way to get a more consistent jumpshot, but could play the 3 or the 4 spot no problem, as well as handle point forward duties. Mason was even more undersized at the 4 than Julius is too. Another player I'd love for him to watch is Karl Malone. He has better ball handling skills than Karl, so if he could fuse some of Karl's game with the skills he already has...watch out! Lastly, James Worthy. He has such a quick first step. It's not as quick as James, but if he could master Worthy's footwork and spin move off the baseline, just another weapon he could use being undersized at the 4 and bigger at the 3.

JC - I like the Dumars mention. If you look at his jumpshot, it's also very similar to how Byron was when he first came into the league. Lots of legs behind the shot and attacked the basket strong. Another one I can think of is Alvin Robertson, for defensive reasons.

Upshaw - Dikembe, Kareem, Robert Parrish

The rest of the guys, I'd have to think deeper on it.

Nice post. Like the guys for DLO. big guards who weren't the most athletic but still killers.

Of course, in mention of Ron Harper, I obviously meant the older one with the Bulls, cuz in his younger years, his athleticism was great.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

Anthony Brown - I'd love for the kid to watch Glen Rice, actually. His defense is already better than Glen's, but the way that Glen was able to get shots off without having the greatest ball handling skills, was quite nice. And I'm talking about prime Glen Rice, not post-surgery and Lakers version (which, was till okay, but I was never a fan of the Eddie Jones trade to begin with).

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Anthony Brown - I'd love for the kid to watch Glen Rice, actually. His defense is already better than Glen's, but the way that Glen was able to get shots off without having the greatest ball handling skills, was quite nice. And I'm talking about prime Glen Rice, not post-surgery and Lakers version (which, was till okay, but I was never a fan of the Eddie Jones trade to begin with).

another good one
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind if Larry nance tried to emulate this guy

Last edited by PICKnPOP on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
nash wrote:
Easy one

DLO: Oscar Robertson
Randle: Sir Charles
Clarkson: Clarkson
Black: Moses Malone
Nance: Shaw Kemp
Upshaw: Bill Russel

Kobe: Kobe 8 years ago

I like the Kemp to nance comparison. Was going to post that one earlier myself.

Another one I forgot to mention which actually might help with the lack of clarkson comparison is john wall.

I think Clarkson is doing just fine
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: