Metta World Peace signing 1 year deal today to return to the Los Angeles Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_3z8cw17g

Everybody get yo popcorn ready. Did he not see the "Death Stare" kobe gave on Jimmy Kimmel when he and his two departed "partners" clowned on national TV. Now we got 2 crazy people on the Team. Kobe and Metta are probably playing Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to kick this fools ass first. Look for another practice incident where Nick comes away limping, or holding an arm.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I love the old-school in your face mentality. I hate this new buddy-buddy, dancing on the sidelines and cracking jokes NBA! These new dudes are soft and need to be whipped into shape.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
mde24 wrote:

Everybody get yo popcorn ready. Did he not see the "Death Stare" kobe gave on Jimmy Kimmel when he and his two departed "partners" clowned on national TV. Now we got 2 crazy people on the Team. Kobe and Metta are probably playing Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to kick this fools ass first. Look for another practice incident where Nick comes away limping, or holding an arm.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I love the old-school in your face mentality. I hate this new buddy-buddy, dancing on the sidelines and cracking jokes NBA! These new dudes are soft and need to be whipped into shape.

Well then we better cherish these last few years before Kobe retires, because once he's gone (and by then the other left over old schoolers are as well), it's over.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
mde24 wrote:

Did you mind when we were buddy-buddy and dancing on the sidelines and cracking jokes while we were blowing teams out by 20 and winning championships during that 2007-2010 run?

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

you're right, once he was young and slow - and one of the most dominant defensive players in history. you think the 15th guy on the roster would be better than mwp? you're dreaming. it's important to have vets with awesome work ethic in practice and the gym like mwp. no one is expecting him to shut down lebron.

That is what gets me from those complaining about him maybe taking a roster spot. From who? Another player who would likely not see playing time either?

Well depends on who will be cut? I mean I'd rather just keep players that can last for more than a year here. I see this as a worse move like having Boozer here rather than Bazemore again for "mentoring" Randle. This team has enough vets around already. Just stop with the one year rental players.

Actually, I don't think the team has enough vets. Excluding MWP, there are Kobe, Williams, Young, Bass & Hibbert. Otherwise, the roster is full of a bunch of inexperienced players: Kelly, Sacre, Huertas (officially a rookie and its a big jump from Europe to the NBA), Clarkson, Randle, Black, J. Brown, Russell, Nance, A. Brown, Upshaw, Frazier and Holmes. This team needs some gravitas that MWP will hopefully bring. Having five of Huertas, Black, Kelly, Sacre, J. Brown, A. Brown, Upshaw, Frazier and Holmes on the season-opening roster is enough considering the Lakers will also have Randle, Clarkson, Russell and Nance.

--Anonymous
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject:

I agree. I kept thinking these young guys will drive Kobe nuts this year. MWP/Huertas help in the vet leadership area. The main youth core Clarkson, Randle, Black, J. Brown, Russell, Nance, A. Brown are the most important players for development. Roy Hibbert the Center. Upshaw a longshot; He was unable to a last on any college program, so it will be a battle to last a year on a NBA roster.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
kwase wrote:
mde24 wrote:

Did you mind when we were buddy-buddy and dancing on the sidelines and cracking jokes while we were blowing teams out by 20 and winning championships during that 2007-2010 run?

I don't mind it when we are dominating, blowing out people by 20 all the time, and winning championships. I don't like when we are the worst team in the league and act like a drunk Artest at a press conference after we have just won a championship.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

Agreed. This team are no longer on the stage to try to find out diamonds among undrafted rookies. We have already many young talents in Randle, Russell, Clarkson, Nance, ABrown. All need playing time to develop themselves. Playing with veterans will definitely help them a lot in the process. Mitch has to evaluate those undrafted rookies and select a few to keep.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Congrats Meta! Now make them sissies tough horses.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

So will Peace come back with the name Panda Friend or is he World Peace ?

Also what is his number that he will wear ? I know JBrown is 15
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
kwase wrote:
mde24 wrote:

Well then we better cherish these last few years before Kobe retires, because once he's gone (and by then the other left over old schoolers are as well), it's over.

Yup as sad as that is. The end of an era....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: