Paul Pierce takes jab at Kobe for not accepting lesser role
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Voices wrote:
The Lakers have yet to have a better player than Kobe. Who should Kobe take a backseat to? P P is something that you put between 2 buns.

Clarkson.

Clarkson is not a better player than Kobe Bryant.

Not even close.

He had a very good rookie season, but one good season doesn't make him better than Kobe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=clarkjo01&y1=2015&p2=bryanko01&y2=2015&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=#advanced::none

Not close? We're talking about right now. If you want to shift this into a career comparison then that's another topic, a silly one no one would even bring up.

And it's not just about right now. It's about the next day and the next year.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

Who cares about what Paulina has to say? He wants to come stir things up.. NO one cares about him. I really really really HATE that the Clippers were able to get DJ back!!! SMH. Let the ring-chasing-wheel-chair bound sucker have his say!!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

I can't believe we're talking about Paul Pierce...on a Lakers messageboard. Screw him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I can't believe we're talking about Paul Pierce...on a Lakers messageboard. Screw him.

He was trying to be funny about Kobe. You can't do that kind of thing in this day and age. People get way too outraged.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

It's Kobe's team until someone takes it from him, in terms of on the court. Pierce abandoned his team for the Nets. Sorry, Paul, Kobe's got maybe more talent and faith in his abilities than you? How'd jumping the C's work out for you, PP?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
It's Kobe's team until someone takes it from him, in terms of on the court. Pierce abandoned his team for the Nets. Sorry, Paul, Kobe's got maybe more talent and faith in his abilities than you? How'd jumping the C's work out for you, PP?

You have it 100% wrong. Pierce didn't abandon his team for the Nets. The Celtics traded Pierce because they wanted to rebuild, and Pierce wasn't happy about it,
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

You have it 100% wrong. Pierce didn't abandon his team for the Nets. The Celtics traded Pierce because they wanted to rebuild, and Pierce wasn't happy about it,

PP, who I dislike by the way, could not come to the Lakers because he
at heart he's still a Celtic.

Kobe's going to that HOF, but I hope he doesn't hang around to be MJ with the Wizards...just walk away at seasons end, no need to father time to continue to beat the crap out of you...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

No criticism intended OP, but I hate the he_l out of seeing this guy's name every time I visit the site. It's also why the guy in Houston is named the guy in Houston whenever I post.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject:

PP was just trying to have a lil fun. I'm sure Kobe, PP, and other vets always mess with each other
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Where pierce is right is in regards to money though. Bryant took the money over winning. All the other greats went for winning. Dirk got neither. Duncan got contention. LeBron won (Heatles). Its still a crapshoot.

This. I love Bean to death. And honestly, its the owners and the (bleep) CPA that's unfairly capping the players' salaries.

But under these circumstances, Kob chose money, and that destroyed any of his and our chances at a championship over the last 2-3 years.

We would have had cap space for 2 free agents if he had taken less. Who knows what would have happened? 2 stars MAY be keen to team up.

But when he took that money, there was only 1 free agent space. And NO STAR, would SINGULARLY come to our depleted team.

Yes, but I could see why Kobe would be super ticked off about this. The NBA owners create a scenario where the player looks selfish for taking below market salaries. This happens after Kobe has been paid below market for his entire career.

When it comes to salaries, the NBA is truly a business. The team would have no problem dropping Kobe if he couldn't produce. Kobe should get as much as much as the Lakers are willing to pay. If the Lakers overpay, well, then shame on them, not Kobe.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

composite wrote:
Yong wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Where pierce is right is in regards to money though. Bryant took the money over winning. All the other greats went for winning. Dirk got neither. Duncan got contention. LeBron won (Heatles). Its still a crapshoot.

This. I love Bean to death. And honestly, its the owners and the (bleep) CPA that's unfairly capping the players' salaries.

But under these circumstances, Kob chose money, and that destroyed any of his and our chances at a championship over the last 2-3 years.

We would have had cap space for 2 free agents if he had taken less. Who knows what would have happened? 2 stars MAY be keen to team up.

But when he took that money, there was only 1 free agent space. And NO STAR, would SINGULARLY come to our depleted team.

Yes, but I could see why Kobe would be super ticked off about this. The NBA owners create a scenario where the player looks selfish for taking below market salaries. This happens after Kobe has been paid below market for his entire career.

When it comes to salaries, the NBA is truly a business. The team would have no problem dropping Kobe if he couldn't produce. Kobe should get as much as much as the Lakers are willing to pay. If the Lakers overpay, well, then shame on them, not Kobe.

Because of the salary cap the true stars are not getting what they would command in an open market. The owners are not restricted on their profit margins which is a scam. Sure the players negotiated the contract and players get blamed when the teams do not have enough money to sign talent that will help the team. The Spurs players have given up money for the sake of the team, that is noble on the players part, however the Spurs have manage the team so well that the players that are giving up money do have a legitimate chance win the championship. If Kobe would have given up money it was not going to help the team win a championship.
Kobe deserved his money, he has made the Lakers big money.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
composite wrote:
Yong wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Because of the salary cap the true stars are not getting what they would command in an open market. The owners are not restricted on their profit margins which is a scam. Sure the players negotiated the contract and players get blamed when the teams do not have enough money to sign talent that will help the team. The Spurs players have given up money for the sake of the team, that is noble on the players part, however the Spurs have manage the team so well that the players that are giving up money do have a legitimate chance win the championship. If Kobe would have given up money it was not going to help the team win a championship.
Kobe deserved his money, he has made the Lakers big money.

It isn't about the owners increasing their profits. The owners pay a percentage of the revenues to player -52% or whatever. The owners don't make anymore if superstars make less, because that just means other players have to make more. The pie (52% of revenues) doesn't change -- just the way it's cut does.

So the superstars are screwed by lesser players who want more of the pie.

If Dirk and Tim want to sacrifice money to have better teammates, that's their call -- they are acting in their self interest. I don't think it's noble. They are just deciding what's important to them. They are doing it to help out themselves, not their owners.

Personally, I can't get worked up over this. The superstars end up making $300 million in salary and tons more in endorsement. I don't begrudge them a dime, but I also don't shed a tear if they want to eat the whole pie but then complain that good teammates won't accept the crumbs. everyone is operating under the same system, and everyone gets to choose what's important to them.

Really, no way around this unless you have no salary cap at all. Then that just means super-rich guys like Ballmer reach into their pocket and sign all the stars, because they can afford to lose a few hundred million dollars for the fun of having all the stars.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Wheel that ish outta here.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Paul Pierce has a vested interest in a wheelchair company in LA, and he's just trying to get Kobe on board!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: