RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Down to game 162.

Today felt like a playoff win.

Wednesday's 7 unearned runs may unfortunately prove to be the difference but I'm proud of the fight they've shown.

And if we get to Monday, we'll win.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Angels must win and Houston must lose tomorrow to force a 1 game playoff on Monday.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

the (bleep) diamondbacks are so (bleep) worthless. this is why dodgers won the nl west bc they played against these (bleep) losers all year
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
the (bleep) diamondbacks are so (bleep) worthless. this is why dodgers won the nl west bc they played against these (bleep) losers all year

Its too bad they don't celebrate in their pool more often....
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Down 3-2 . . . 6 outs left in the season.

Houston losing in the 6th.

We need another comeback -
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

If the Angels lose today they only have themselves to blame for not taking care of business.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

RIP Angels playoff hopes, getting blown out 9-2 now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

So the D-Backs are winning....5-3 in the 8th inning...Angels blew an opportunity and will be watching the playoffs at home....
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

All they had to do was win. Couldn't do that. Oh well, this team really isn't strong enough to win a playoff series anyways. Pitching concerns abound especially since I can throw harder than Weaver, Richards is sadly their best pitcher, Santiago has taken a nosedive, Heaney has promise but is uneven, and Shoemaker/Wilson are inconsistent.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Billy Eppler hired as the new GM.

I don't know what to think of this. Honestly, I don't think it really matters as long as Emperor Arte and Fuhrer Scioscia still run the show. The GM will just be a puppet that does Scioscia's bidding.

On a side note, Albert Pujols is the first player in history to finish a season with 40 or more homers and a sub-.800 OPS.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:

I don't know what to think of this. Honestly, I don't think it really matters as long as Emperor Arte and Fuhrer Scioscia still run the show. The GM will just be a puppet that does Scioscia's bidding.

On a side note, Albert Pujols is the first player in history to finish a season with 40 or more homers and a sub-.800 OPS.

Pujols had a decent season for a guy pushing 40
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:

They only have 6 more years of his contract left.....
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:

Interesting stat. He can be our permanent DH moving forward. So long as he stays healthy and can hit 40-50 HR for another few seasons.

But anyway... really disappointed at the Angels underachieving again. Pretty unacceptable especially when you have a guy like Trout on the team. What a waste of his years.

I guess I'll root for the Blue Jays in the AL and probably Cardinals in the NL. Won't be watching though.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:

Well, the holes should be obvious to both (Ace+LF hitter+3B). If Moreno is still open to spending, there are a lot out there who can fill those roles.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:

Well, the holes should be obvious to both (Ace+LF hitter+3B). If Moreno is still open to spending, there are a lot out there who can fill those roles.

We also have a HUGE hole at pitching coach, but Scioscia is loyal to his cronies to a fault. He threw a big hissy fit when Dipoto axed Mickey Hatcher, and given that Scioscia has more power over the GM in the Angels horrific organizational hierarchy, they probably wouldn't have hired Billy Eppler if they thought he'd try to mess with the coaching staff. Or they told him that messing with the staff was off limits. Or both.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:

We also have a HUGE hole at pitching coach, but Scioscia is loyal to his cronies to a fault. He threw a big hissy fit when Dipoto axed Mickey Hatcher, and given that Scioscia has more power over the GM in the Angels horrific organizational hierarchy, they probably wouldn't have hired Billy Eppler if they thought he'd try to mess with the coaching staff. Or they told him that messing with the staff was off limits. Or both.

I think as Dodger fans we were initially sad that the Angels hired Scioscia away and won them a World Series immediately....but now thinking back about it, he's probably gonna be the manager for the foreseeable future considering he wields so much power in the organization there, and that franchise isn't really moving forward anymore with the current hierarchy. So they are kinda screwed no matter how much talent they acquire.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:

I think as Dodger fans we were initially sad that the Angels hired Scioscia away and won them a World Series immediately....but now thinking back about it, he's probably gonna be the manager for the foreseeable future considering he wields so much power in the organization there, and that franchise isn't really moving forward anymore with the current hierarchy. So they are kinda screwed no matter how much talent they acquire.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I've felt that this has been a problem for several years now and I've wanted Scioscia gone for a long time. Most people that weren't hardcore Angels fans who followed the situation closely had no idea any of this has been going on because it never gained national recognition until the Dipoto resignation.

Scioscia is under contract for 3 more years. In a weird, messed up way, I sort of hope the Angels deteriorate to a point where Arte is so pissed off that not even Scioscia is safe from his wrath and he decided not to re-sign him. Because at this point, I feel like that's the only way he'll leave the Angels. That or he chokes to death on his lasagna plate.

So in a way, maybe Scioscia not opting out is a good thing, because I wouldn't have put it past Arte to re-sign him to a deal longer than 3 years.

But then again, Arte is also another gigantic problem in his own right...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

Shoemaker and Weaver were a disaster this season. If they put up anything close to the performances they had last season, then I think this team wins the division. Both of them won more games last season than Richards won this season, and both had losing records this season. They didn't even win half the total number of games they won last season.

This wouldn't have fixed all the pitching issues, but it would have been a huge help.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject:

And I do agree with a comment here about Trout having another great year that was wasted. Where would the team be without him?
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Didn't want to make a new topic for this; but the angels just got the best defensive short stop in the game :

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=381954

Andrelton Simmons and a catching prospect for Aybar, Newcomb, and Ellis and 3 million dollars. Pretty great deal I think

Don't know who the other guys included in the deal are, but Simmons is an upgrade over Aybar.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
Didn't want to make a new topic for this; but the angels just got the best defensive short stop in the game :

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=381954

Andrelton Simmons and a catching prospect for Aybar, Newcomb, and Ellis and 3 million dollars. Pretty great deal I think

Don't know who the other guys included in the deal are, but Simmons is an upgrade over Aybar.

I hate this trade.

Yes, Simmons is an upgrade, but an upgrade at a position that didn't need an upgrade. Aybar is a perfectly capable SS and a bit underrated around the league. And we traded our best pitching prospect to obtain this unnecessary upgrade, which really sucks considering our rotation is thin.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject:

That sucks, pitching depth is needed by the angels for sure. Braves already have a lot of pitching depth, too.

Aybar is a free agent next year though, and 32. Simmons is 26 and locked up for 5 more years. He will be making 15 mill at the end of his deal. Simmons hasn't even entered his prime yet, he could still improve offensively. How he does against AL pitching remains to be seen though.

Angels are going to be exciting to watch this year
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject:

It's interesting that the Angels were willing to move Newcomb, considering that Weaver looks finished and that Wilson is inconsistent/coming off an injury/a free agent after the '16 season. I'm sure that that they see Richards and Heaney and Skaggs as long-term rotation pieces and I suppose that was good enough for them, but the Angels' lineup regressed significantly last season and Simmons is an offensive downgrade from Aybar. I also found it curious that Eppler didn't pick up Murphy's very reasonable 2016 option, as he hits right-handed pitching well and makes perfect sense as the 2/3 side of a platoon. Will be interesting to see what they do with their LF situation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: