Bill Cosby accused of rape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce Says It Won't Remove Bill Cosby's Star On Walk Of Fame

LINK

I'll bet the star with be vandalized. It's probably just a matter of time before it has to be removed.

One can hope. Dumbass move by the Chamber of Commerce. My guess is the public outcry will change their mind really quickly.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LBJ/MD wrote:
But seriously, it's not looking good for the Cos, and black folks don't have his back because he jumped down our throats about social issues but left out any sort of historical context or economic/social realities. OTOH. Cosby is Cosby. He's rich and will always be so. He's going to ride off into the sunset and when all is said and done, affluent black folks will steep their children "Cosby" just as Americans are steeped in noted white supremacists and slave "owners" Washington, Jefferson etc....

Sh, Jefferson's a primo example. By day, eloquent spokesman for the natural rights of man, and at night...let's not go there. Talk about compartmentalizing. These are also men that can be characterized as great men in certain refrains. Problem is the OTHER refrains that give you the whole picture of them with their all-too-human foibles and hypocrisies aren't delved into too much. Judging by that, Cos might be looking good again in 200 yrs.

Even worse than that. Sure we know he was a rapist and held human beings as Chattel even though it went against the words he wrote that make him an ever lasting figure in human history. But as time went on, he came under increasing pressure from his liberty loving friends to free his "Slaves." He begged off citing the expenses of Montecito. One of his rich friends offered to financially compensate him for letting these people go free but he declined. He was becoming more Clint Eastwood by the year. When he was older and at a dinner table as relatives debated freeing their own "Slaves," the man who wrote that "All men are created equal" and "I shudder when I think that God is Just," said, "Why kill the Golden goose?

As I said earlier and will add to, Cosby is a creep who deserves to go to Jail. But "Lil' Bill, Fat Albert and especially, especially "Cosby" will not and should not be thrown out with the bathwater.

Last edited by KobeBryantCliffordBrown on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce Says It Won't Remove Bill Cosby's Star On Walk Of Fame

LINK

I'll bet the star with be vandalized. It's probably just a matter of time before it has to be removed.

One can hope. Dumbass move by the Chamber of Commerce. My guess is the public outcry will change their mind really quickly.

Maybe but there are other crappy people who still have a star so this is no different.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Cliff Huxtable would be very disappointed with Mr. Cosby
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
Cliff Huxtable would be very disappointed with Mr. Cosby

He'd be like "What were you THINKING?"
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
LBJ/MD wrote:
But seriously, it's not looking good for the Cos, and black folks don't have his back because he jumped down our throats about social issues but left out any sort of historical context or economic/social realities. OTOH. Cosby is Cosby. He's rich and will always be so. He's going to ride off into the sunset and when all is said and done, affluent black folks will steep their children "Cosby" just as Americans are steeped in noted white supremacists and slave "owners" Washington, Jefferson etc....

Sh, Jefferson's a primo example. By day, eloquent spokesman for the natural rights of man, and at night...let's not go there. Talk about compartmentalizing. These are also men that can be characterized as great men in certain refrains. Problem is the OTHER refrains that give you the whole picture of them with their all-too-human foibles and hypocrisies aren't delved into too much. Judging by that, Cos might be looking good again in 200 yrs.

Even worse than that. Sure we know he was a rapist and held human beings as Chattel even though it went against the words he wrote that make him an ever lasting figure in human history. But as time went on, he came under increasing pressure from his liberty loving friends to free his "Slaves." He begged off citing the expenses of Montecito. One of his rich friends offered to financially compensate him for letting these people go free but he declined. He was becoming more Clint Eastwood by the year. When he was older and at a dinner table as relatives debated freeing their own "Slaves," the man who wrote that "All men are created equal" and "I shudder when I think that God is Just," said, "Why kill the Golden goose?

It feels good to hear overly compassionate people speak but stories like the above make me physically ill. People just cannot really be serious when they say "i believe everyone is doing their best!"

Jefferson should have hung his self
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Ouch
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/27/35-bill-cosby-accusers-on-new-york-magazines-cover/

35 accusers on the magazine cover
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Ouch
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/27/35-bill-cosby-accusers-on-new-york-magazines-cover/

Him admitting in his taped deposition in 2005 that he drugged them was pretty much the nail in his career and his admission that he is guilty. That Washington lawyer that he hired recently for PR purposes recently won't be able to fix the damage that is done.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

Ouch

Direct link to the NYMag piece:

http://www.nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/bill-cosbys-accusers-speak-out.html

It's a stunning read.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When he"s .
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

When he"s .

Which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

He will go to prison before he dies
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Funny you didn't ask that question when Donald Sterling was in the news...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Funny you didn't ask that question when Donald Sterling was in the news...
So what? Didn't ask about Donald Trump either. You didn't ask me why then, why now? What's your point?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

When he"s .

Which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

No, he'd better stay alive and suffer through his career free fall, his friends abandoning him, and just a miserable end phase.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject:

The irony that its NBC

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/twenty-seven-bill-cosby-accusers-come-together-for-on-air-interview/

Quote:
Twenty-seven of Bill Cosby’s accusers are coming together for a joint, on-air interview for the first time on NBC’s Dateline.

NBC News National Correspondent Kate Snow will conduct the hour-long interview as nearly half of the comedian’s accusers will talk about their recollections of the alleged assaults.

The accusers span five decades of alleged incidents of assault and getting drugged. They will also respond to claims from Cosby’s team that their allegations are untrue. Many of the accounts follow a similar storyline: The victims allege that Cosby offered to mentor them, then drugged them before sexually assaulting them.

Snow will also talk to a small group of women called “Jane Does,” who came forward in 2005 and agreed to talk about the alleged assaults under oath, anonymously, but never ended up doing so.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXgBNKHWAAAMWXG.png
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/bill-cosby-bail-set-at-1-million-in-sexual-201759805.html
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
LBJ/MD wrote:

It feels good to hear overly compassionate people speak but stories like the above make me physically ill. People just cannot really be serious when they say "i believe everyone is doing their best!"

Jefferson should have hung his self

For those who wish to know the 'real' Thomas Jefferson and not the romanticized historical interpretation of the man we were fed in public school, I suggest this excellent article by The Smithsonian
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

It's hard to imagine Coz doing sh like that, but it looks like he was using that old tried-n-true 70s method of knocking chics out with Quaaludes, a la Roman Polanski.

I saw that interview as well. It's not looking good for Bill.

Read that old post of mine, I called it a year ago. Dr. Huxtable prescribed that to his female "patients", at least til the 90s. Bill hit us with that sick joke this entire time of giving his TV character his own personal fetish dream job (OBGYN). If he actually was a doctor, he might've used benzos instead of Quaadlues. Those produce sleep and they're anti-anxiety; they use Ativan to knock some ICU patients into a near coma state (e.g. Tony Soprano in Season 6 after he got shot). Slurry speech and dizziness are listed side-effects of Quaalude, which is what a lot of these women were also lucid enough to recall. He must've switched to some other drug after Quaalude was pulled from the US or else he had a stash of old ones as in Wolf Of Wall Street. There's a whole scene in that where Leo and Jonah are slurry and dizzy after taking those. That was one of the few funny scenes in that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.

Let it go.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviate. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.

Let it go.

A negative Q Score is generally not looked upon as fair punishment for 55+ rapes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He's a sexual deviate. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

Who cares? I do.

Let it go.

A negative Q Score is generally not looked upon as fair punishment for 55+ assaults.

I didn't apply fair or unfair. Bill has fallen further than I ever expected. I'm ashamed for him.

Whatever punishment he receives will most likely not be enough for some. I'm on board with whatever hand the system deals him. Let the cards fall where they may. I'm just tired of hearing about it.

It's difficult for me to see a Black icon fall.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12
Jump to: