LAKERS -vs- JAZZ - 10-4-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry - FOR THE WIN!
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Haywood is a tough cover but Nick put in a good effort. There has been a lot of talk of how Nick and Lou would fit together. Those two led the team in scoring tonight with about a point per shot attempt. Scott and the organization really made a point in the offseason about Nick needing to buckle down and play the game the right way. I think ultimately where Nick gets into trouble is when the team is bad. He gets too loose defensively and that doesn’t sit well. Stay focused, Nick.

When he's focused, Nick is really good at chasing guys around screens. Hayward couldn't get away from him. I think he saved a game winning attempt last year getting around a pindown too. I don't think he necessarily will be a drop off when Kobe's sitting this year, on defense alone.

Where he could use some improvement is getting back on D earlier, but that was a problem with the whole team.

For the Jazz, that little Neto guy was pretty impressive defensively this game.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Haywood is a tough cover but Nick put in a good effort. There has been a lot of talk of how Nick and Lou would fit together. Those two led the team in scoring tonight with about a point per shot attempt. Scott and the organization really made a point in the offseason about Nick needing to buckle down and play the game the right way. I think ultimately where Nick gets into trouble is when the team is bad. He gets too loose defensively and that doesn’t sit well. Stay focused, Nick.

When he's focused, Nick is really good at chasing guys around screens. Hayward couldn't get away from him. I think he saved a game winning attempt last year getting around a pindown too. I don't think he necessarily will be a drop off when Kobe's sitting this year, on defense alone.

Where he could use some improvement is getting back on D earlier, but that was a problem with the whole team.

Our guards did a terrible job in the protector role in transition defense. They were completely out of position on several occasions.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Young --

Accurate hairstyle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

I was pleased with this game in the context of it being the 1st preseason game. Too much standing around in our O. But I liked the effort from guys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lalakerfan4life
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

I'm new on this forum. I'm hoping to have some conversation with you guys to help me through this long season. It's going to be brutal. What do you guys think?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

lalakerfan4life wrote:
I'm new on this forum. I'm hoping to have some conversation with you guys to help me through this long season. It's going to be brutal. What do you guys think?

brutal for other teams, you mean.

Go lakers
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Randle is strong and explosive. He like to play in physical way too. But seems he still can't finish well. The way he plays could lead to injury risk too.
LakerBeastmode
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Is it sad if I look forward to these summaries more than watching us lose? At least I see some positives compared to what I watched last night. Thanks for brightening my day
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Positive Signs After First Preseason Loss

Quote:
With the increased attack from the guards, floor vision of the No. 2 overall pick, bulldozing force of Julius Randle, and more attention to defensive detail, the Lakers are heading in the right direction.

A 19-point loss wouldn’t normally support it, but it’s the smaller games within the game that matter here.

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/10/05/los-angeles-lakers-positive-signs-after-first-preseason-loss/?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:

Our guards did a terrible job in the protector role in transition defense. They were completely out of position on several occasions.

Agreed. BTW, Neto was effective because he got all up in his man and then just grabbed him when he went by.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerBeastmode wrote:
Is it sad if I look forward to these summaries more than watching us lose? At least I see some positives compared to what I watched last night. Thanks for brightening my day

There's a lot going against the players earlier on in the preseason. You can only really look at flashes of plays, lineups and talent (and even then, take into consideration dead legs with Scott's training camp). Later in the month, there will be a better feel for what this team is really made of.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Preseason game 1 ....dead locks and no one making a shot. Not surprising after 2 a days. Now on to the game....

Kobe - Looked like a guy in his 20th preseason...just warming up the legs.

Clarkson - Physically looks good hoping his 3pt range is better, tough to tell with camp byron legs.

DLO - Looks like he and Clarkson work together. Yin and Yang. You can see the vision it is special. Going to make the offense better over time.

Randle - Still going WAY too fast...couldn't shoot like the rest either but he physically looks great.

Hibbert - As expected held up his arms and it got in some people's way. Looks in good shape though.

Lou - Exactly what I expected...not the answer as a PG really a SG in a PG body.

Jabari - I want to like him. Started good then sort of fizzled.

Bass - See Kobe...just loosening up to get ready for the season.

Sacre - Why? He is 7 foot...that's about all.

Black - Hmm...same guy from last year not sure if that is good or bad.

Nick - I suspect just going through the motions as well.

A Brown - Incomplete

Kelley - Incomplete

Hoping to see Upshaw next game and perhaps some of the other camp fodder. Upshaw is the one I think matters. Still want to trade Nick, Kelly and Sacre.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Kelly looks faster and he actually played good defense with 1 and a half blocks.

Hibbert defended well, much better than I had hoped and he fights for offensive boards.

Russell is going to struggle defending pick and rolls.

Clarkson is already in mid-season form.

Lou is instant offense; he's like Swaggy P without the clowning around.

Randle is still missing shots near the basket; that touch will come in time.

Need to see more of A. Brown.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, DB! You are amazing

I was soooooooo looking forward to the first game and to your Thoughts & Ratings
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:

Watching what level of play Swaggy P brings when the talent level is much higher on a consistent basis.

The Jazz players seem to have anticipated that Jabari Brown is not very precise on his moves, slow in locating who was free when he was double-timed and usually will not pass.

Lakers need a rim protector and Sacre/Black are inefficient in defending the paint.

If Kelly & Swaggy P are not consistent in producing as dependable outside shooters, how long will they be on the roster. Kelly would be good Brian Scalabine(?) type of player who can be effective playing 5-10 minutes per game. Swag P can be the 7th or 8th player off the bench for a semi-elite team
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject:

If the team can maintain their consistency I think they can win the next game against the Jazz.
Think the Lakers will win by 7 or 8 tomorrow.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trmiv wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

3. I'm done with Sacre. Nothing to see here. Hard worker, great guy, but he offers little. Let's see what Upshaw has in the tank.

Yes. I was saying the exact same thing last night. I swear every time he touched the ball I started playing with my smartphone. Nothing against the guy, he's just not a long term soluition at anything, and we've seen what he has. Put Upshaw in and lets see him defensively.

Yeah. Sacre's reached his ceiling through hard work. But that's as good as it gets. We KNOW what we have in Sacre.

It all depends on Sacre. What's his drive? Obviously if you put in the hours, & dedication to become better you will become better.
Kobe wasn't just born with talent. He worked his ass off harder than anyone in the NBA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: