LG Star Wars Nerds Unite?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: LG Star Wars Nerds Unite?

Hi guys. Some of you know me as Legacy. Long before that I was KobesNBA. Some of you, understandably so, recognize me as your favorite poster here on our beloved forum. However, today, I stand before you not as a Lakers aficionado, but as a Star Wars frign nerd. Yes, I have come out of the shadows to lead the way for a new movement. No longer will we have to embody the macho persona of a devout sports fan. No longer will we have to pull out our #32 jerseys from the closet and pretend we didn't bypass a lightsabers on our way to getting it. There is a storm coming. I know I'm not alone in this fight. Think not of it as a struggle. But as the will of the force...

Seriously though. Post all your favorite Star Wars thoughts, memorabilia, events and premonitions of your favorite galaxy far far away, right here.

Off the top of my head:

Episode VII
The new Battlefront game coming out
Ultrasabers.com
Favorite books
Star Wars apps
Padmé's sweet arss
Disney's involvement

Have at it. MTFBWY
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

I was already one foot out the door when they made Jar Jar, Greedo shooting first, and sand as a pickup line. Once Disney announced the EU was no longer canon, I moved to casual fan and stopped following the books. I tried to like the latest they shoved out but it was awful trash that would make the worst posters on LG blush. They'll end up rebooting it all anyways.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I was a devoted fan the original trilogy. Every time I try to watch the second trilogy I come to the same conclusion. Each of them sucked varying levels of ass.
I do have high hopes for the next one
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject:

Sure I am a star wars nerd, but some of you will hate me for it because I actually kinda like the prequel trilogy

That said, my favorite part of Star Wars is actually Kotor 1 and 2.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Sure I am a star wars nerd, but some of you will hate me for it because I actually kinda like the prequel trilogy

That said, my favorite part of Star Wars is actually Kotor 1 and 2.

Yes.

"[Force Persuade] Why don't you go see if you can find what you're looking for at the bottom of that endlessly deep chasm?"

*Dark Side Points Gained*
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

I was born after the OT and didn't get my first dose of Star Wars until I went on Star Tours. Seeing threepio and R2 in real life sealed it. Saw ROTJ shortly after that. Been hooked ever since. Don't know all that much about the extended universe, which always struck me as a little too neckbeardy, but love everything about the cinematic universe except prequel Anakin. John Williams is 55+% of the appeal. I own several versions of the movies on different media and a T shirt, played a handful of games over the years with tie fighter and jk2 right at the top. Favorite jedi: qui-gon, favorite movie: rotj, favorite ship: tie interceptor, favorite track: the throne room

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

LOVED the OT. Liked parts of the newest trilogy. LOVE the Star Tours ride(s) at DIsneyland. The toys I had (and mysteriously lost) as a youth could have probably made me a millionaire had I held onto them. Have the Clone Wars DVDs that connected Ep6-Ep1 and thought those were amazing. Pissed that Palpatine took out 3 cool Jedi with some weak azz moves in Episode 3.. damn that was terrible. Kit Fisto!

My son only KINDA likes Star Wars, I'm hoping that changes once Ep. 7 hits.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
LOVED the OT. Liked parts of the newest trilogy. LOVE the Star Tours ride(s) at DIsneyland. The toys I had (and mysteriously lost) as a youth could have probably made me a millionaire had I held onto them. Have the Clone Wars DVDs that connected Ep6-Ep1 and thought those were amazing. Pissed that Palpatine took out 3 cool Jedi with some weak azz moves in Episode 3.. damn that was terrible. Kit Fisto!

Yeah Fisto went out like a chump. He deserved better than that. It actually looked like he got killed before he got impaled lol. No resistance at all.

I'd be happy to see Ahsoke Tano in one of the new flicks, but I'm not betting on it.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Yeah Fisto went out like a chump. He deserved better than that. It actually looked like he got killed before he got impaled lol. No resistance at all.

I'd be happy to see Ahsoke Tano in one of the new flicks, but I'm not betting on it.

On the super Star Wars nerd forums Fisto's death (as well as the other two) are explained as being meant to demonstrate how damn powerful palpatine was. Like, in KOTOR terms, he had force speed on 1000% and the Jedi basically couldn't even see his moves.

Only reason Mace was able to match him was due to his "vapaad" which allowed him to draw on Palpatines own dark side energy. Had it just been Mace v Palpatine it's probable the former would have been defeated as easily as Fisto.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

The Force Awakens was great. StarKiller is maybe my favorite character. When he uses the force to take down a freakin destroyer!!!!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The Force Awakens was great. StarKiller is maybe my favorite character. When he uses the force to take down a freakin destroyer!!!!

Unless you're JJ Abrams, I don't think you can make any judgments about the film just yet.

I definitely wish they would at least give us an ending for Force Unleashed. Saw Sam Witwer at SW Celebration earlier in the year and he said he was willing to do a third but no news out of EA/Lucasfilm.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Unless you're JJ Abrams, I don't think you can make any judgments about the film just yet.

I definitely wish they would at least give us an ending for Force Unleashed. Saw Sam Witwer at SW Celebration earlier in the year and he said he was willing to do a third but no news out of EA/Lucasfilm.

Doh, I meant The Force Unleashed lol.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Legacy wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

On the super Star Wars nerd forums Fisto's death (as well as the other two) are explained as being meant to demonstrate how damn powerful palpatine was. Like, in KOTOR terms, he had force speed on 1000% and the Jedi basically couldn't even see his moves.

Only reason Mace was able to match him was due to his "vapaad" which allowed him to draw on Palpatines own dark side energy. Had it just been Mace v Palpatine it's probable the former would have been defeated as easily as Fisto.

I get trying to justify it.. but his moves looked pretty damn basic. All he did was make angry faces and stupid noises... his "moves" weren't even Obi-Wan from A New Hope good.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject:

Palpatine was so badass though. Might be my favorite all time supervillain. I wanted to see more of his fights, but it's just that one and the yoda one unfortunately

In battlefront 2 I always play as palpatine and force choke everyone
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Palpatine was so badass though. Might be my favorite all time supervillain. I wanted to see more of his fights, but it's just that one and the yoda one unfortunately

Must have not watched the Clone Wars animated series. You sir are missing out. Tons or story in there between episodes II & III. Beautifully made as well.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Must have not watched the Clone Wars animated series. You sir are missing out. Tons or story in there between episodes II & III. Beautifully made as well.

Yup. Big fan of Clone Wars. So well done.

On their own, as we all know, the prequels are total (bleep), but, damn, the Clone Wars series is so good, it actually makes the prequel's characters and storylines better. Love seeing a young General Tarkin; love seeing the little flashes of "Vader" in Anakin; and just how the Empire builds up it's power. Awesome stuff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: