Was Mitch wrong to fire DanToni?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject:

If MDA was the coach we would have loss the top 5 pick. He would have won an extra 5 to 7 games.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject:

I can't believe someone actually asked this question.
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject:

Never good to follow Phil. Phil system players are always a bad fit for the next coach.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

MDA owed his carrier to Nash..lol. In fact Nash was the real coach of that Phoenix team and true owner of that winning record. If I was Nash I would ask MDA to pay me royalties for all the money he made using his talent. He was one of the worst defensive coaches in history, did not know how to use the talents of big interior players. His so called modern offense was not really his, he just stole it from Europe where it was used for years before it became popular here.
In Europe where players are not so talented, they just pass the ball around quickly and and get open shots off of pick and pops. Nash to it to another level, one not seen in Europe and thus gave his offense some credibility here in the US where the talent is superior. He failed in New York and failed in LA. Had a golden opportunity to mesh all that talent but couldn't due to his cut and dry personality and disdain for back to the basket basketball.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

Who keeps making these 'Antone (no D) threads? Dude was a fraud. He would bench Hibbert and play Kobe at center for 40 minutes a game.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

First off, Jimbo gets to own these decisions as well. They never should have hired either of the Mike's, so, firing either of them never should have been necessary. But, since they did, no it's not a mistake to fire a coach that never deserved to be in the position in the first place.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Who keeps making these 'Antone (no D) threads? Dude was a fraud. He would bench Hibbert and play Kobe at center for 40 minutes a game.

It's probably MDA family members....

The guy has proven nothing in this league...nada...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
First off, Jimbo gets to own these decisions as well. They never should have hired either of the Mike's, so, firing either of them never should have been necessary. But, since they did, no it's not a mistake to fire a coach that never deserved to be in the position in the first place.

Brown was terrible. But I don't believe D'Antoni was/is a bad coach. He was just the wrong one at that time. Ironically, Byron Scott would've been the better coach for that Laker team, and D'Antoni the better one for this current team. But I really think the FO was blindsided by D'Antoni's resignation. Just my opinion but I believe they were prepared to build a team that fit his philosophy for several years. There was just too much pressure from fans and presumably Time Warner, that they weren't ready to give him that extension yet. So he walked with his dignity in tact.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Brown- bad hire
D'antoni- bad hire
Scott- bad hire

In this context, whether firing them (or letting them leave) was a good decision doesn't really matter.

Yup. 3 straight bad coaching hires. Lakers need to change up how they evaluate coaches. It's time move toward a more progressive modern NBA style coach that also emphasizes defense. Analytics being heavily used for both offense and defense by the coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: