LAKERS -vs- JAZZ - 10-6-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
Laker415. wrote:
I watched the whole game outside of Overtime because it was so late...

We are bad. We got crushed in the first quarter and were getting killed by their guards...Everyone was getting open looks and kobe gambled way too much for no reason. This team defensively outside of hibbert has a very very long way to go.

I think people should look at the game in the first quarter when both gordon and gobert were playing and not the other 3 quarters and ot. Rest of the game, we were up against the Jazz's second team outside of burks, who happened to score 27 points on 14 shots...

Look at the guard play for Utah.

Burks: 27 points 9-14 shooting
Burke: 15 points 6-12 shooting
Hood: 21 points 7-16 shooting

This is really really bad sign, when these scrub guards are scoring so much against us. Even when their top 4 guys were not playing, we couldn't beat the Jazz.....

So, if Jazz is a borderline playoff team, what does that make us.

A rebuilding team, same thing we would be if we had blown them out

Fact is, Utah brought starters familiar with each other, and in game one they brought them back in against the bench late. And in game two, if Scott plays a real rotation (not necessarily the starter, but a legit bench unit) down the stretch, LA wins.

Heck, I think LA is the more talented team, and will match up well real rotations vs real rotations during the season. Utah has a cohesive unit and scheme, but they are not as talented at scoring nd that will offset the defense, especially since Hibbert closes that gap.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

415 - I wouldn't read much into it yet. It's game 2 of preseason and we have way too many key players who have never played together and are learning the system unlike the Jazz. Lakers just need to keep making progress by the game. For sure, it will be a challenging year, but even our championship teams got beat by scrubs in preseason games.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Laker415. wrote:
I watched the whole game outside of Overtime because it was so late...

We are bad. We got crushed in the first quarter and were getting killed by their guards...Everyone was getting open looks and kobe gambled way too much for no reason. This team defensively outside of hibbert has a very very long way to go.

I think people should look at the game in the first quarter when both gordon and gobert were playing and not the other 3 quarters and ot. Rest of the game, we were up against the Jazz's second team outside of burks, who happened to score 27 points on 14 shots...

Look at the guard play for Utah.

Burks: 27 points 9-14 shooting
Burke: 15 points 6-12 shooting
Hood: 21 points 7-16 shooting

This is really really bad sign, when these scrub guards are scoring so much against us. Even when their top 4 guys were not playing, we couldn't beat the Jazz.....

So, if Jazz is a borderline playoff team, what does that make us.

I hear what you're saying, but I think you're missing something. First, while I don't believe that the Jazz are world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, they're not garbage, either. They have nice, young wing talent in Burkes, Burke, and Hayward; complimented by talented bigs, in Golbert, and Favors.

Having said all that, the biggest difference between the Jazz and the Lakers, is that this Jazz team is a year ahead of the Lakers, in terms of the team playing together. The Lakers are bringing in an almost completely revamped roster, from top to bottom, with only a few holdovers. This is quite obvious from seeing the Jazz's easy team chemistry, where the Lakers play hard, but disjointed.

As the season unfolds, and guys begin to understand each other, and their roles, then we'll see much more fluid basketball, on both ends of the court.

ZOOM!!!!!
H0B0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

THX DB. GO LAKERS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: