***Official*** 2015 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

When I saw it, I thought it was illegal. After the commentators didn't say anything after the replay, I figured that I was wrong and the Seahawks player made really smart play.

I put blame on the Lions coaches. They should have at least questioned it. The next question is if the play can be overturned on a replay. Since it was a turnover, I would assume everything comes into question as to who has the ball.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

Everything I've read and heard is that the play could only be challenged from up top. Coaches were powerless. The line judge said it didn't look like an intentional bat. Yeah, OK. Another Monday night game the Seaclucks get gifted to them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

I thought the play wasn't review-able because it was an officials judgement call. .

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
When I saw it, I thought it was illegal. After the commentators didn't say anything after the replay, I figured that I was wrong and the Seahawks player made really smart play.

I put blame on the Lions coaches. They should have at least questioned it. The next question is if the play can be overturned on a replay. Since it was a turnover, I would assume everything comes into question as to who has the ball.

Can't be overturned on replay I believe.

The commentators just didn't say anything, they were praising the guy who did it! haha
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:

I don't think they knew the rule. They sounded confused to me.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
thegreatest wrote:

I don't think they knew the rule. They sounded confused to me.

It just didn't cross their mind in the heat of the moment. They were concentrating on the fact that the ball had been clearly knocked out of the receivers hands prior to his crossing the goal line, which was the more salient question at the time. Had the 2nd guy never touched it, and it went out the endzone on it's own, then there would have been no issue. But since it was clearly a fumble, the natural instinct would not be to try to rack your brain for something that would negate a clear fumble - which is where the refs would have had to take their minds to. So in the heat of the moment, it's easily understandable why they didn't realise what is a vague technicality.

The real irony is that was the same endzone that Golden Tate robbed Green Bay a couple years ago on the Fail Mary, and there he was on this play standing in the same endzone with his hands raised for Detroit. He, of all people, should have known that this is Seattle and we get those calls here. You really can't adequately explain the hostility of that environment to folks who've never attended a game at the Clink. The ground is literally shaking in those instances. Refs are human and they get affected by the moment as well.

That said - Sorry Detroit. You really should have been given another chance to get stuffed at the goal line.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

^ It's an old rule that almost never actually comes in to play. That's why no one thought of it.

Even the guy who intentionally batted it out of bounds didn't know it was illegal and when asked he argued the point. Haha.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the NFL should just avoid giving Seattle home games on MNF to avoid this.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

Dolphins fire incompetent Kevin Coyle. This is even better news than the Philbin Phiring. You have dbl digit sackers in Pro Bowler Wake and Vernon, Pro Bowler in Suh, and still can't provide pressure? Especially when you need to mask crap at LB outside of Jenkins and crap at CB outside of Grimes?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Luck is out tonight Hasselbeck will start again
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Hasselbeck's not feeling well. He's being treated for some kind of infection.

JJ Watt's been ridiculed by media this week. I think he's going to play with abandon.

I entreat for Hasselbeck's health. JJ's going to be coming after him.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Griff Whalen will be our #3 QB what is this 2011?

I think Andrew Luck is hurt worse than they're letting on.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Hasselbeck's balling.

That was a cheap call on JJ.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Hoya completes a 93 yard drive with a Hail Mary touchdown pass. It's going to be a interesting 10 days in Texas.

It's Lakers time, gotta go. I'll switch back to check every now and then.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Horrible clock management by Indi.

Mallett is garbage. If anyone still thinks he should be staring after this, they should be fired.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

How ironic that gore is sitting on 93 yards, will likely eclipse 100 mark. Meaning Luck will still only have had one instance of a 100 yd rushing game in his whole career.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Hasselbeck's performance last night is the reason I thought keeping Peyton for a year or two would have been beneficial. Not as long as Rodgers, Farve but time for a vet to teach a rook.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hasselbeck's performance last night is the reason I thought keeping Peyton for a year or two would have been beneficial. Not as long as Rodgers, Farve but time for a vet to teach a rook.

That still would've been incredibly stupid for all parties involved and not even Irsay is that dumb. Rodgers was a 1st round pick but everyone knew he'd have to spend time to adjust coming from a Tedford offense. Peyton wants to go to a contender. Indy's far from it, at best an easy first round exit for all parties involved. Luck's not a player who needs that counseling and prior to his injury, was approaching or already at elite status with time to spare. So there's no need for any "teaching" especially when you consider Peyton's done squat to help out Osweiler. In addition, Peyton's salary would've been prohibitive in getting quality supporting crew especially when you have another 1st overall QB's salary also to consider.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Nahhhh. The departure was good for everyone all-around. Sometimes, especially with a guy of Peyton's caliber, it's good to make a clean break.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That still would've been incredibly stupid for all parties involved and not even Irsay is that dumb. Rodgers was a 1st round pick but everyone knew he'd have to spend time to adjust coming from a Tedford offense. Peyton wants to go to a contender. Indy's far from it, at best an easy first round exit for all parties involved. Luck's not a player who needs that counseling and prior to his injury, was approaching or already at elite status with time to spare. So there's no need for any "teaching" especially when you consider Peyton's done squat to help out Osweiler. In addition, Peyton's salary would've been prohibitive in getting quality supporting crew especially when you have another 1st overall QB's salary also to consider.

Peyton's salary was a good reason for his departure. I'm saying I think a year or two for Luck to adjust to the pros would have been beneficial.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Peyton's salary was a good reason for his departure. I'm saying I think a year or two for Luck to adjust to the pros would have been beneficial.

Why do you say that about Luck? I mean, "adjust to the pros?"

He threw for more yards than any other rookie ever, had the most game winning drives by a rookie, holds like over 10 franchise records already, I mean, Luck is as NFL ready as an NFL player gets.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He threw for more yards than any other rookie ever, had the most game winning drives by a rookie, holds like over 10 franchise records already, I mean, Luck is as NFL ready as an NFL player gets.

Luck was a quick study.

He holds the ball to long, to many TO's. The way Hasselbeck played was more a staff adjustment than a QB.

I hope the staff sees and learns from Hasselbecks performance. Teach Andrew the 3 step drop, get rid of the ball quicker.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Did you even see Luck's rookie year?!?!? Guy looked like a seasoned pro behind a very horrendous OL. He adjusted Week 1, no Peyton needed. Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that Luck needs grooming? Year 3 he's already got a 90+ QB rating and almost got it Year 2 on a Colts team that sucked raw. Pretty sure Basketball Fan and any other Colts fan will tell you the same thing.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Luck was a quick study.

He holds the ball to long, to many TO's. The way Hasselbeck played was more a staff adjustment than a QB.

I hope the staff sees and learns from Hasselbecks performance. Teach Andrew the 3 step drop, get rid of the ball quicker.

At this point, I don't know what you're looking at. TO's? While on the higher end of elite QB's, keep in mind this is amongst elite QB's and behind a swiss cheese OL. Can't believe I'm trying to defend Luck, a QB I dislike as he's a Stanturd product but even I can tell Luck never needed any

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

JJ Watt's been ridiculed by media this week. I think he's going to play with abandon.

I'm no football expert, but how many wins is he really worth per season? That's something that Cowherd would always bring up, and I agreed with him. You're paying an enormous amount of money to a DE that can't really change the dynamics of a team in any significant way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 23 of 106
Jump to: