Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 am    Post subject:

Clarkson was efficient like he always is. Not surprised of how good he was vs the Jazz. He just needs more touches.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson was efficient like he always is. Not surprised of how good he was vs the Jazz. He just needs more touches.

Definitely. I would like to see his touches increase as well as Randle's but I can't complain with the amount of ballhandlers in the starting lineup. Although I do think he would get easier more touches if we had a better offensive system but that's for another year.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Definitely. I would like to see his touches increase as well as Randle's but I can't complain with the amount of ballhandlers in the starting lineup. Although I do think he would get easier more touches if we had a better offensive system but that's for another year.

Just have to accept that Kobe is on this team. If somehow, all these guys can become 20+ point scorer and we average 130, allowing 90. We'll be one of the greatest teams of all time if we win a chip. That's the dream and I'm a dreamer who believe that it can become a reality.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Just have to accept that Kobe is on this team. If somehow, all these guys can become 20+ point scorer and we average 130, allowing 90. We'll be one of the greatest teams of all time if we win a chip. That's the dream and I'm a dreamer who believe that it can become a reality.

I don't mind Kobe especially the way he played last night. I think our offense looks unorganized a lot though and would benefit from better offensive schemes that would give Randle and Clarkson more and better good looks.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is amazing. Best player on the court both games, IMO. It doesn't show up in the stats, but the guy is playing such a balanced game out there. He could do anything he wants, but holds himself back to play a team game. In fact, I would argue he actually needs to be more aggressive looking for his own.

Really high on him. Outstanding poise for a second year player.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

He made 3 catch and shoot opportunities from the 3-point line; only 2 counted. He's going to get a lot of those this season.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Clarkson is amazing. Best player on the court both games, IMO. It doesn't show up in the stats, but the guy is playing such a balanced game out there. He could do anything he wants, but holds himself back to play a team game. In fact, I would argue he actually needs to be more aggressive looking for his own.

I realy like his game. It seens like he almost never do a dumb play. Very mature and atletic guy with good skills. He was a steal, great use of 3 milions
Laker415.
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
He needs a lot work on his set jumper. It's not an efficient movement.

If he could get a working shot, his game would go to another level.

I don't get why people cannot see this.

His jumpshot is terrible form. His form is like kobe's three that he took vs hood after hood nailed 2 on kobe.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

He isn't being as aggressive in these last 2 preseason games but when he does want to attack or do something he makes things happen. I hope to see more Clarkson and Kobe 2 man PnR as the season progresses.
Laker415.
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

Clarkson played more stable last night, which is good.

Hit some last second threes and got to the bucket too.

However, defensively, utah guards scrubed JC easily. JC's going to have to find his niche on this team as a defense guy that can slash and go out on the break.

Offensively, he is behind kobe, williams, russell and young. Anyone with their 20ppg all star predictions are simply talking nonsense. He will get that if we tank/injuries.
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I concur. I've been high on him since he exploded into the scene in the last half of last season. His offseason work ethic nearly had me cross into the fanboy zone. I definitely respect that high level of professionalism and eagerness to be great.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Laker415. wrote:

However, defensively, utah guards scrubed JC easily. JC's going to have to find his niche on this team as a defense guy that can slash and go out on the break.

Offensively, he is behind kobe, williams, russell and young. Anyone with their 20ppg all star predictions are simply talking nonsense. He will get that if we tank/injuries.

Young and Williams? Those guys are at best 6th men and at worst inefficient chuckers. Clarkson is better than both of them offensively. He's better than Russell too until Russell can prove that he can replicate what he did in College.

Last edited by Rivershow on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Laker415. wrote:

Not disputing your right to your opinion, but you seemed familiar, and noticed upon looking that you've been banned twice for trolling. So goodbye again.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Can the OP please update the thread title....delete the info from last season?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Can the OP please update the thread title....delete the info from last season?

Never.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Laker415. wrote:

Not disputing your right to your opinion, but you seemed familiar, and noticed upon looking that you've been banned twice for trolling. So goodbye again.

Got eeem
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Laker415. wrote:

Thanks. Something seemed fishy about this guy.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Laker415. wrote:

Heh, totally forgot about that guy.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
24 wrote:
Laker415. wrote:

I'm not so sure this guy was trolling. He's obviously better than young but not sure he's better than Kobe and Lou and Russell is yet to be seen enough to make a decision. And clarkson does struggle defensively. Not great on the ball and gets himself outta position off the ball by going for too many steals. Clarkson had a great rookie season but I don't see him anywhere near the all star lineup this year.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
24 wrote:
Laker415. wrote:

I'm not so sure this guy was trolling. He's obviously better than young but not sure he's better than Kobe and Lou and Russell is yet to be seen enough to make a decision. And clarkson does struggle defensively. Not great on the ball and gets himself outta position off the ball by going for too many steals. Clarkson had a great rookie season but I don't see him anywhere near the all star lineup this year.

That's true. But when you've been tossed twice and keep coming back, you get no rope. It wasn't the opinion that got him tossed.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject:

There's too many ball hogs on the team. Going to be difficult for Clarkson and Randle to get enough touches. Those two should lead the team in shot attempts most games. Not Young, Lou, or even Kobe.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
There's too many ball hogs on the team. Going to be difficult for Clarkson and Randle to get enough touches. Those two should lead the team in shot attempts most games. Not Young, Lou, or even Kobe.

I'm ok with Julius looking to facilitate a good amount until his jumper starts falling, and then get really aggressive looking for his shot (bcuz every shot will be lightly contested at that point, he'll be very difficult to guard). Clarkson on the other hand should look for his shot a whole lot, bcuz he can score in so many different ways - go ahead..
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I'm ok with Julius looking to facilitate a good amount until his jumper starts falling, and then get really aggressive looking for his shot (bcuz every shot will be lightly contested at that point, he'll be very difficult to guard). Clarkson on the other hand should look for his shot a whole lot, bcuz he can score in so many different ways - go ahead..

50% of the NBA consists of ball-hogs
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I like the shot distribution so far between Kobe, Randle and Clarkson. If the offense is balanced, they should all get around the same number of shots. I'm not worried about Young and Lou shooting too much since they've been playing with random lineups thus far.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Randle and clarkson play better without DLO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 177 of 685
Jump to: