The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Okafor is going to be a beast man. I may be biased because I was an Okafor guy, but the kid is only 19. He'll be dominating the league in a couple of years. He's just so smooth. Let's not hate on these kids just because they're not Lakers. I see a lot of hate for Mudiay around here also. Newsflash: Mudiay is a stud, much like some very few around here said during the whole draft process. With that being said, D-Lo will have his time to shine as well

pump the brakes on mudiay bro, what makes you think he's a stud?

5/16 w/ 8 turnovers

7/14 w/ 7 turnovers

2/11 w/ 2 turnovers

Because he's shown flashes. That's all your looking for at this point with these rookies. Its the same reason why I never lost confidence in Julius. You can throw all the stats in the world that prove your point, but if you actually watch Mudiay play, you can see he has the skill to be very successful in this league
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Okafor is going to be a beast man. I may be biased because I was an Okafor guy, but the kid is only 19. He'll be dominating the league in a couple of years. He's just so smooth. Let's not hate on these kids just because they're not Lakers. I see a lot of hate for Mudiay around here also. Newsflash: Mudiay is a stud, much like some very few around here said during the whole draft process. With that being said, D-Lo will have his time to shine as well

5/16 w/ 8 turnovers

7/14 w/ 7 turnovers

2/11 w/ 2 turnovers

Because he's shown flashes. That's all your looking for at this point with these rookies. Its the same reason why I never lost confidence in Julius. You can throw all the stats in the world that prove your point, but if you actually watch Mudiay play, you can see he has the skill to be very successful in this league

I think Mudiay's lack of skill is very apparent if you've watched his games. He has a good physical profile and reads the PnR very well, but part of the reason that he's shooting in the low 30's and turning the ball over 5+ times per game is that his fundamentals are pretty underdeveloped, even for his age.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Inverse wrote:

5/16 w/ 8 turnovers

7/14 w/ 7 turnovers

2/11 w/ 2 turnovers

we all look at how they play, and a lot of us haven't been impressed. I watched his first game vs. the Clips, most of his 8 turnovers were egregious. And the 2-11 FGA is also an indictment on his game. Kid can't shoot, and isn't explosive attacking the rim in the half court, I think he'll struggle to put the ball in the hole. Doesn't have dynamic athleticism to score a lot in transition either.
If you wanna talk about flashes and potential, he could be a really good passer. I think his ceiling is low because the only skills he possesses offensively are passing.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

we all look at how they play, and a lot of us haven't been impressed. I watched his first game vs. the Clips, most of his 8 turnovers were egregious. And the 2-11 FGA is also an indictment on his game. Kid can't shoot, and isn't explosive attacking the rim in the half court, I think he'll struggle to put the ball in the hole. Doesn't have dynamic athleticism to score a lot in transition either.
If you wanna talk about flashes and potential, he could be a really good passer. I think his ceiling is low because the only skills he possesses offensively are passing.

Again, the stats at the point, to me at least, are not that important. What is, is the ability to show why you were hyped during the entire draft process. I think when you see Mudiay play, you see a player who's able to get inside the paint and make defenses collapse. He's shifty, and has great size. Of course he has his flaws, but every young fella has their flaws at this point.

I watched some of his game against the Mavs, and that was enough for me to decide that the kid will be just fine in this league. That doesn't mean 1st ballot hall of famer, but simply that he'll be an NBA starter for a very long time. Its the same way I feel about Russell. But anyways, I don't want to derail the Julius thread, I'd be happy to carry this discussion in the general basketball talk
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Back to Julius... If you don't salivate watching Randle play with the skill set that he has, then you should all keep your day time jobs. Stop pretending you can spot talent because you're blind as a bat.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

My username is not for sale... #BelieverSinceDayOne
daygoboy6191
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Randle looks good!! Physically he seems to be one of the strongest players in the NBA in his second season. He is a bully out there to get to the rim, and athleticism and ability is pretty special for a PF.
He needs to learn to play with a little more technique on defense and in the rebound game, but Hibbert as his sidekick was a great move for the Lakers.
Once he gets his mid range jumper down he is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams to deal with.
The future looks very bright, and could be the best player in that draft class when we look back in a few years.
BstMde83
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject:

Lol Mudiay and Okafor haven't been THAT impressive, not enough for me to say "damn we should of took them " over Russ. I'm actually more worried about us not getting Stanley Johnson, kid looking like he will be an elite wing right away, it also helps that he's already has an NBA Body. Russ still haven't really gotten his feet wet in the NBA yet, it's way too soon to yet determine if we picked the right guy or not.. Plus Okafor and Julius game wouldn't mesh right now
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject:

BstMde83 wrote:
Lol Mudiay and Okafor haven't been THAT impressive, not enough for me to say "damn we should of took them " over Russ. I'm actually more worried about us not getting Stanley Johnson, kid looking like he will be an elite wing right away, it also helps that he's already has an NBA Body. Russ still haven't really gotten his feet wet in the NBA yet, it's way too soon to yet determine if we picked the right guy or not.. Plus Okafor and Julius game wouldn't mesh right now

agree. stanimal man
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject:

Are some of you guys seriously trying to compare the performance of a bunch of rookies in pre season games? Some of yall really need to back off of these kids. NONE of them are a finished product. They're all adjusting to the speed of NBA and they'll all have to make unique adjustments in order to be effective. Looking at one rookies preseason game and comparing it D'Angelo very limited amount of playtime is frankly stupid and grossly unfair.

No, back to the main topic of Julius. I haven't really been surprised by anything I've seen him do on the court the past two games. He's always had the ability to do these things it's just been a matter of him getting comfortable, slowing down, becoming familiar with his teammates and the offense.

As others have said once he starts knocking down his mid range shots he'll be virtually unstoppable offensively.

Julius is a much smarter player than I think some were giving him credit for being. One aspect of his game that you can expect to see improve a great bit is his ability to make plays for his teammates. I think Julius is still an underrated passer (and very willing one despite some claiming he was a "black hole" on offense). As he plays more with his teammates you're going to see him rack up more assists with the amount of attention he'll be drawing offensively.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
BstMde83 wrote:

agree. stanimal man

+1 SJ is my early prediction for ROY. I've been very high on Russell, but he's as NBA ready as Okafor or Mudiay, or even less so.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject:

Any of the Okafor over Towns guys ready to eat crow yet?
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:

so angry we missed out on KAT

wolves is insanely deep
at the same time, i don't see them as the next thunder.

that thunder team just had basketball gods on their side until the GM decides to screw everything
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
Randle over here looking like a prime LO on the fast break in the 3rd

I think prime LO had much better handles.

He did. He's more Barkley-esque.

LO's handles weren't much better just slightly better and more controlled. Randle is quicker though and has Barkley-esque strength. His handles are better than Barkley's but not as good as LO's.

I dunno. Barkley had some pretty ridiculous handles, although he was like 4 inches shorter than Randle so that helps.

Barkley is underrated. Great offensive player and rebounder. He got a fat ass a bit early, but in his prime he was a nightmare.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:

Based on what exactly?

Why is it so hard for some of you guys to just allow these kids time to develop before you start acting like one is definitively better than the other? They've all just started playing against NBA caliber talent and not of them have logged significant time. For all we know Justice Winslow could end up winning ROY, we won't have a good idea how good any of these kids really are till they've logged at LEAST half a season worth of games, even then they'll all still have room to grow and develop.

And I'm saying this as someone who was much more of a KAT's guy.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject:

I can imagine that Randle spent the summer reading people gush over Russell and Clarkson...and used it as a major motivation, not in a way to prove that he is better but to remind people that he is a great prospect as well.

He looks great at the moment..almost like an old head at times. Really excited for him.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject:

BstMde83 wrote:
Stanley is the player I wanted. Would have been a great pick and fit with Randle and Clarkson but Russell has the ability to be really good too. I think Stanley will end up being the best player in the draft. He's a better version of Leonard/Butler.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
BstMde83 wrote:
Stanley is the player I wanted. Would have been a great pick and fit with Randle and Clarkson but Russell has the ability to be really good too. I think Stanley will end up being the best player in the draft. He's a better version of Leonard/Butler.

I thought you were a big Okafor guy?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject:

Dave what have you thought of Randle's play so far?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject:

Russell is already better than everyone else in his draft class, towns included.

the only reason that only a handful of us can see that is because he's been timid offensively. Idk if he's trying too hard to fit in with a lineup full of scorers, trying too hard to showcase his passing ability, or still learning the offense and is thinking too much but he's not playing like himself.

Russell's passing game is no doubt impressive but one of the main things that made him so exciting is the ability to get red hot for decent stretches in a game. We got to see it a little in the last game of summer league, that's d'angelo Russell. Because he's such a deadly scorer, the defense has to respect his ability to score when he has the ball and it opens up his passing game. It's not the other way around.

We need Russell, Clarkson and Randle to all be aggressive together and I order to do that they need to continue to play together and build chemistry. I'd like to see Byron run Russell off some picks when he's playing off ballot set him up with some catch and shoot opportunities also.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
BstMde83 wrote:

I thought you were a big Okafor guy?
I like Okafor but Stanley was my favorite because of his two way potential. You weren't on much in the beginning of the college season.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dave what have you thought of Randle's play so far?
Randle has looked great so far. If we didn't have so many ball handlers he would look like a star. The offense needs to be built around him.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
with his Jumper. give his current form this season, see if he gets it down - he's had success with it in like 4 games as a Laker. After this year if it's still not halfway consistent, then make serious changes to the form.

I think it's just rhythm thing. He's starting to knock down those fadeaway because he create those shot for himself.

But when it comes to the spot-up shooting, he seems a bit out of rhythm.

It's the hesitation. Randle just needs to not think about it and just let it fly.

I think his form is pretty bad, personally.

He needs to straighten out that "twist" his body does when he shoots his Js.
He just needs to start squaring his shoulders/feet to the basket a little more (kinda how Klay shoots - very balanced feet and shoulders) and keep that release nice and high.
He'll get it.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject:

Great game by Randle. I was really impressed by his attitude and composure after his great plays. I loved that he didn't go all "Swag_Look_At_Me_Mode".

I am still waiting for him to develop a go to move in the half court as well as just improving his overall half court game.

It's still so early and I think he has the potential to be really good. But the half court game is where he needs to improve. It's the difference between being a star and a superstar.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject:

idk who griffin learn to shoot from but i have to say, i never seen a player improve his shot in less than 5 months like he did.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 367 of 1536
Jump to: