OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Favors didn't play due to a sore groin while Gobert and Hayward played very limited minutes while Russell would be the only equivalent situation from the Lakers starters.

Presumed regular season starters:

0 minutes --- Favors
12 minutes -- Hayward
12 minutes -- Gobert
37.28 minutes -- Burks
27.10 minutes -- Burke

20.53 minutes -- Kobe
26.21 minutes -- Randle
32.13 minutes -- Hibbert
28.13 minutes -- Clarkson
4.18 minutes -- Russell

It appears to be about 89 minutes for Utah starters and over 110 minutes for Laker starters.

Byron was definitely gunning for a win last night. He can say it doesn't matter but everyone remembers what eventually happened to Mike Brown when he did an 0-fer in the preseason.

The minute he took out Hibbert in the overtime, I knew he wasn't all into a win.. If he really wanted a win he would have had Kobe and Hibbert together in OT. Of course I'm not saying he didn't want to win the game, just saying that he didn't put the pedal to the metal.

yeah, if he wanted a win he would have brought Clarkson back in.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

yall seeing the cavs ball movement? with lebron on the team?

we will win more games if we had half of that movement
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
The minute he took out Hibbert in the overtime, I knew he wasn't all into a win.. If he really wanted a win he would have had Kobe and Hibbert together in OT. Of course I'm not saying he didn't want to win the game, just saying that he didn't put the pedal to the metal.

All-in within reason. No, he didn't treat it like a playoff game, that would have been having Hibbert play the entire 4th plus the OT, but compared to who Synder had out that it was pretty lopsided enough.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

to be fair Kobe played a very pass first game yesterday but yeah the truth is Kobe needs to look to try and get double figure assists before he gets 20 points.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Our ball movement will be much better once Russell and Huertas are healthy.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Any team would win more games with good ball movement.
InstinctualGenius
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Byron is mediocre coach.

He's already established a losing culture on the Lakers.

This season is going to painful to watch and I really hope I'm dead wrong.

Lakers 2012/13
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

If this teams wins more than 35 games, I'll give Byron a pass. If they win more than 40, I'll sing his praises.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

He's already run Hibbert into the ground after two preseason games lol. Can we fire this clown already?
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

InstinctualGenius wrote:
Byron is mediocre coach.

Was Byron suppose to make last year team into a winner? Please, the Lakers last season were horrible because of the talent not the coach. I suppose he should be able to turn water into wine as well.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

InstinctualGenius wrote:
Byron is mediocre coach.

Well maybe he gets fired mid season if things go real bad.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Based on what I'm seeing in preseason.
Looks like Scott's treating Kobe like the equivalent of a DH in baseball.
I like it. Minimal defensive responsibilities, keeping him rested, not allowing him to initiate that action, but utilizing him as a deadly scoring weapon.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject:

Byron Scott's Lakers offense last season, represented by two axes:

Source:
http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/2015/10/09/dear-pelicans-pass-the-ball/

Last edited by fiendishoc on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Pelicans-Chart-13.jpg

Depressing.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

InstinctualGenius wrote:
Byron is mediocre coach.

Just a ridiculous statement. The losing culture was established way before Scott touched this roster. I would actually say, they are a much tougher and better team now then they were two years ago.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Pelicans-Chart-13.jpg

Depressing.

Not even fair imo. We had the most revolving door of a roster due to injuries and scrubs. Look I know Byron is not a good modern coach that is obvious. There is alot that goes into these stats just saying. I mean Jordan Hill was probably our best player last year outside of Jordan Clarkson. Does anymore really need to be said.

Jordan Hill probably the most consistent player all year last year ( I could be wrong of course). Jordan Clarkson a sg posing as a pg, of course the ball is not going to move. We didnt have a roster full of young talented players, say like the Boston Celtics.

None of these players even cared about being in L.A. last year, that cant be put on Byron. Especially when everyone one of them was a journeymen or a rookie, or a flat out scrub.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject:

Steph Curry often injured at the beginning of his career. That dang Byron ruins everything.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Depressing.

Not even fair imo. We had the most revolving door of a roster due to injuries and scrubs. Look I know Byron is not a good modern coach that is obvious. There is alot that goes into these stats just saying. I mean Jordan Hill was probably our best player last year outside of Jordan Clarkson. Does anymore really need to be said.

Jordan Hill probably the most consistent player all year last year ( I could be wrong of course). Jordan Clarkson a sg posing as a pg, of course the ball is not going to move. We didnt have a roster full of young talented players, say like the Boston Celtics.

None of these players even cared about being in L.A. last year, that cant be put on Byron. Especially when everyone one of them was a journeymen or a rookie, or a flat out scrub.

The revolving door was mostly of his own doing. We had the most consistent lineup out of every team for about the first third of the season and were still a disaster. And then he went into a lets see if X lineup works for 15 games at a time mode. When you are far worse than every team in the league on these fronts, including Philadelphia, New York, Denver, and Minnesota, there really is no excuse.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
Fair weather....what have you done for me lately.....smh

People are basing Scott's ability as a coach on trash teams he's been a part of. Trash teams, not trash players. Before the regular season even starts, you hear the boo birds a'tweetin, and calling for Byron's head. Because ANYBODY would be better than Scott. No evidence to back up these assertions. Just gut feelings.

I think most people can agree, to one extent or another, that this years team is stocked with better players, and looks way better constructed. The logical thought would be to let your coach COACH the team, and see how he does. IF he underachieves, then there's your walking papers.

It's funny though. As much as people complain about Scott's draconian training methods, if this team begins to put together a good season, all that chirping you hear would cease.

ZOOM!!!!

except much of us were chirping before he even got hired. Better yet the Lakers FO must have been chirping too since they took 15 interviews before they hired him.

And there is plenty of data to go off of to get a feel for his abilities. We're the 4th NBA team he's coached. He's been pretty unsuccessful everywhere else too

I'm sorry 22, but if L.A. thought they could of hired a better coach they would have. I believe the fact of the matter to be Byron was the only one who really wanted the job. So you think it would have been better to hire a young inexperienced coach that would be looking to simply gain experience and collect a check?

Byron is not a good modern coach, but imo, you have to go with the guy who actually wants to be here. I think this was the deciding factor more then anything else for the FO.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Depressing.

The revolving door was mostly of his own doing. We had the most consistent lineup out of every team for about the first third of the season and were still a disaster. And then he went into a lets see if X lineup works for 15 games at a time mode. When you are far worse than every team in the league on these fronts, including Philadelphia, New York, Denver, and Minnesota, there really is no excuse.

The most consistent lineup okay, but were they any good? Was there any talent there? Kobe was not himself, is Boozer even in the league anymore? Jordan Hill? Wesley freakin Johnson was our young stud, come on man? Is Ronnie price even going to see action this year? I could go on and on.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Depressing.

D-League roster playing in the pro's takes less open shots and holds the ball too much.
Makes sense to me.
Can't wait to see what the chart looks like for this upcoming season.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Depressing.

The most consistent lineup okay, but were they any good? Was there any talent there? Kobe was not himself, is Boozer even in the league anymore? Jordan Hill? Wesley freakin Johnson was our young stud, come on man?

Did we have less talent than Philadelphia or New York? What are you trying to argue? That we actually do have a good system that promotes ball movement and good looks?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Depressing.

The most consistent lineup okay, but were they any good? Was there any talent there? Kobe was not himself, is Boozer even in the league anymore? Jordan Hill? Wesley freakin Johnson was our young stud, come on man?

Did we have less talent than Philadelphia or New York? What are you trying to argue? That we actually do have a good system that promotes ball movement and good looks?

Both teams play in the east, and I think yes we would have finished much better then both those teams if we played the east as well.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

I think true Laker fans need to be hoping Byron does not get fired this year. If he gets fired we may be the worst team in the league at that point, and we will be gunning for the 1st overall draft pick.

I actually hope he keeps his job, because that means the team is actually winning games here and there.

I dont see how anyone could expect more then 30 something wins for this roster, no matter who was the coach? Shoot we won 26 or whatever with patchwork, it could have and probably should have been much worse.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Depressing.

Both teams play in the east, and I think yes we would have finished much better then both those teams if we played the east as well.

That's not what he asked. He asked if you think that we have a system that promotes ball movement and open looks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 191 of 694
Jump to: