LAKERS -vs- RAPTORS -- 10-08-15 -- PRESEASON GAME 3 -- 7PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakers also need to find a way to close out quarters. They get a lead but can't hold it. It's up the coaching staff to make sure the end of quarters is the focus. Put all your defense in that area and make sure you execute in the last 3 minutes of each quarter. If we cannot do that we will continue to lose. It's basic coaching.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:
Yea, i hate Lou at the pg spot. He should be off the ball and focused on scoring, not distributing.

Just shows once again poor coaching and rotations from Byron Scott.

Lou is by definition a SG. Play him as one.

Well to be honest, Russell is hurt and Huertas is not around. So let's be fair there are no other pg's.

What is going on with Huertas btw?

First a hammy issue. Then a visa issue.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:
Yea, i hate Lou at the pg spot. He should be off the ball and focused on scoring, not distributing.

Well to be honest, Russell is hurt and Huertas is not around. So let's be fair there are no other pg's.

Lame.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:

Don't worry he will be back by Sunday and we will beat a college team like the Israely team. After that we will continue to lose games.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
epak wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:

Don't worry he will be back by Sunday and we will beat a college team like the Israely team. After that we will continue to lose games.

Hopefully we keep winning. I can't wait for the first cuts so we can get our rotations in order. And hopefully Bass and DR are 100% soon.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Our closeouts have been really poor so far. We have to chase teams off of the three point line, and rely more on Hibbert. We're way too packed into the paint on the weak side.

I hope our analytics guys get the message to Byron, I don't like our defensive philosophy at all we give up too many 3s

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Our closeouts have been really poor so far. We have to chase teams off of the three point line, and rely more on Hibbert. We're way too packed into the paint on the weak side.

I hope our analytics guys get the message to Byron, I don't like our defensive philosophy at all we give up too many 3s

I thought it was more on the execution than the philosophy.
And when we had that horrid 2nd unit in there, execution was even worse
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I thought it was more on the execution than the philosophy.
And when we had that horrid 2nd unit in there, execution was even worse

I usually like guys cheating on the weak side, so long as they are prepared to go hard on the close out as soon as the pass is in the air. During the game I was thinking the Raptors were just making shots. I'll go back and take another look to see what the problem was- position, reaction, or just footspeed.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
al242 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Although I think Upshaw is better than sacre I still don't think he's good enough

He's a project, give him 2-3 years to develop then you will see. Hassan whiteside is 26 and he is currently hitting his stride, Upshaw retrospectively is 22 and will have a few years to develop and bulk up. He's hopefully here for the long haul, because I like the flashes I've seen from bin

Upshaw is actually only 21, but I agree, it'll take him a couple years to get his game on

lakers' greatest mistake is not signing whiteside the past season. smfh
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

This was what Byron addressed during halftime so I don't think he's told them to do that.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject:

I'll start keeping track of the standings during the regular season. I'll miss many games but at least I should be more settled by then.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Russell. Williams
Clarkson young
Kobe. Brown
Bass Randle
Hibbert. Upshaw

I like this ten

I generally like it, but here are some additional thoughts:

1) Randle should start over Bass
2) 100% agree with Centers being Hibbert and Upshaw. Its a no brainer.
3) I hope by Brown you mean A Brown
4) I would make Nance third string 3/4. He is quiet but doesnt really mess up and makes nice hustle plays. Plays within himself.
5) I would take Black over Sacre as third string center.
6) Im guessing Huertas makes it simply because hes a PG
7) That leaves Kelly, Holmes, Metta, Frazier, Sacre battling for two spots. I would think Frazier and Sacre are out.

So final question is: Who would you take between Kelly, Holmes, Metta for the final two spots?

Or would you just make Metta an Assistant Coach and then make him active if any spots open up later?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
twisted wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
i still believe that maybe our core championship team is in place: Russell, Clarkson and Randle next to a great rim protector and an eliite 3 and d guy. In a few years maybe. Gotta get rid of byron asap of course

I am hoping Hibbert could be that rim protector. Had we drafted Stanley Johnson (who has been lighting it up in Det), you could say we could be one Westbrook away from being a champ contender.

It's crazy because I was a DLo supporter before most DLo supporters. I had the benefit of being able to watch most OSU games. Don't get me wrong DLo is still my guy. But if I could go back? Stanley Johnson would get high consideration from me. I was not even a Stanley guy during the draft either. I think dudes potential was slightly overlooked in this draft imo?

I really thought are two biggest needs were a Center and a Serious Athletic 3. I was really high on Stanley and Hezonja. Still Am. However, they were too low on boards for the Lakers to take at 2. Maybe they should have traded down.

However, DLo is our guy, and Im cool with it now.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
I seriously hope Metta don't make the team, its been nice to have him for these first few games, but I have had enough, no mas

Agreed. If it isn't the bricking 3 pointers, it's him wanting to post up everytime he touches the ball.

I think it's very likely that he makes the team.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hopefully we keep winning. I can't wait for the first cuts so we can get our rotations in order. And hopefully Bass and DR are 100% soon.

When do the first cuts usually happen. I know the NFL "trims" over a couple weeks, do NBA teams usually "trim" the roster over a time period or just the night before the season starts, cut the roster to 14 or 15?

P.S. - This is a question I ask and receive an answer for almost every season, but it never seems to stick. So I will probably be wondering again in about 12 months.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

^ I don't think there's a specific time frame. IIRC the Clippers made a cut after like the second pre-season game. Maybe there was more to that? I don't follow the Clippers lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: