How important is it to you that the team wins Pre Season games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How important is it to you that the team wins Pre Season games?
Very important
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Fairly important
30%
 30%  [ 30 ]
Not very important
62%
 62%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 98

a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Well it's always good to in. Is it important? Not really but confidence grows with winning.
InstinctualGenius
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Pre-season tells me more about the coach and system rather than the roster. Most veterans mail it in during preseason because there's no point risking injury before season starts.

Defense is more lax than regular season, so if the system is running well the buckets should come easily. If you have problems getting to the hole right now though it will only get worse unless you have a good coach who can put the right guys in the right spots.

From what I'm seeing right now, Byron is the problem, the system is a problem. I expect to get maybe 2 wins at most during this preseason just from teams being worse than us rookie talent wise. During regular season I really don't expect us to go very far in the current system. Players will have to veto Byron's play calls and just go with basic basketball plays if we are to have any success this season.

Lakers 2012/13
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

0-2 and Jazz without Favors in game 2, and Gobert and Hayword each playing only 12 minutes each does not bode well in the very, very early going...

As of now it is an early mess, that could turn into a train wreck...
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Depends. Back in the Phil Jackson era, these preseason games were meaningless tune-ups for a returning world champion chock full of veterans. They'd win a few but the point was to give the camp invitees some opportunities.

You don't want to Mike Brown it either, he went 0-8 that one year and thankfully he was canned.

With so many young players on this team, they need all the momentum they can get. Not asking for 6-2, but I hope they get some wins before the pre-season ends.
FromTheWestSideWithLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

I've been one to say that wins in the preseason do not mean anything. However, in the last couple years where the lakers have been struggling, I've realized that preseason wins for this new laker squad rebuilding to be a contender is very important. IMO, as laker fans we have become accustomed to winning where losing in a meaningless game (preseason) does not predict our future wins because we have a squad that can turn it up/execute when necessary.

Now, I look at winning as a boost of confidence for players and for the fact that lakers can say they won these days because we take more L's than W's.

At this point, 0-3 is not looking too good for this squad. If we reach 0-4 verse an international team, with all due respect to them, but the NBA is a different caliber of players, we are in a dire situation.

- G.O.A.T.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't mind the losses we've been seeing. It sure as heck is better than last year where we won our first game but afterwards didn't look like we even belonged in the league in the following games.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject:

I think it is fairly important, for progress. Plus, winning attitude.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject:

You always want to win, but it is meaningless in the preseason. It's better to get looks at players, get familiar playing with one another in a game setting, mesh, figure out rotation, etc. It's not as though the Lakers are putting their starters in the game in the fourth quarter or overtime against another teams second string to try to steal a win.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
You always want to win, but it is meaningless in the preseason. It's better to get looks at players, get familiar playing with one another in a game setting, mesh, figure out rotation, etc. It's not as though the Lakers are putting their starters in the game in the fourth quarter or overtime against another teams second string to try to steal a win.

Not all loses are created equal. I care that they are productive, and they don't start thinking going cold and scoring 80 points a game is just the way things are right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: