OFFICIAL BYRON SCOTT THREAD.....BREAKING NEWS...BYRON OFFICIALLY FIRED (Page 690)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 692, 693, 694  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Megaton wrote:
I find it kind of funny (and sad) that Dantoni would literally be the perfect coach for this grooming team. He would have LOVED grooming Russell and Clarkson and having Kobe at SF. And then switch Dantoni with Byron Scott where he would have loved to use post players in with Pau and Dwight, that season probably would have also been different.

Man, talk about wrong signings at the wrong time.

You might have a point there. But I hated MDA before he was our coach, and hate doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about him now.

Yeah, you hit the essence there. Its more than just basketball philosophy. MDA's philosophy might fit certain types of players, which we might have a few now, but his personality doesn't fit the Lakers/Los Angeles market. His poor handling of the fans and media, specially in the face of adversity, and not a good players coach and very inflexible make him not a good fit here.

In that respect, Phil and Riles were great for LA.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

If Scott was going to be let go they would NOT have waited until preseason, that is just stupid.

Face it, Scott is not going anywhere and people are delusional to think otherwise. Why would ANY player want to join a team that just (bleep) cans coaches every few years. They want stability and for better or worse we have hitched our wagon to Scott.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Scott is going anywhere either. But, I really don't think he is the coach for this team in the future. He seems to have a good relationship with Kobe and the youngsters but, his philosophies are outdated. They aren't for this new NBA.

Also, anyone find it funny that players get injured in this day and age when they are more athletic and yet in the past with harder training camps they wouldn't? It is a bit odd. Since nutrition has changed and physical health has changed.
ForTheHaters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

This MDA stuff is ridiculous...are y'all on MDMA?

The most important trait of a head coach is the ability to command the respect of his (or her) players. It doesn't matter how good your X's and O's are if your players don't respect you.

MDA lost the respect of his players everywhere he's coached, without exception. He might make a good assistant, though...
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Scott coaching could end at the All-Star break. If the record is the same as last year, and there's a good possibility that it will be, then he'll be gone. If he's improved on last years record by the break, they will let him finish it out. Depends on how the season goes and if his players tune him out or not.
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Byron Scott's Lakers offense last season, represented by two axes:

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Pelicans-Chart-13.jpg

Depressing.

D-League roster playing in the pro's takes less open shots and holds the ball too much.
Makes sense to me.
Can't wait to see what the chart looks like for this upcoming season.
it's simpler than you think. If you are a coach and you have nick young iso'ing with 22 seconds on the clock you call a time out right after his shot goes up, go in or not and sit his ass on the bench. Have you not seen pop coach?

the only 3 players who care about ball movement here are williams, clarkson, hibbert and russell.

LOL evidence of no three pointer's Byron Scott
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject:

The fact that Byron doesn't see Kobe's 9/20 shooting from 3 as super encouraging and intruiging, is disgusting. A good amount have been catch and shoot. I actually think Kobe is our 2nd best catch and shoot guy, after Lou.

Yea Kobe we're guna put u in a lineup with 3 playmakers who can create open looks for you but we don't want those looks to be 3s, 9/20 means absolutely nothing to me. And we also have a Center who can see over anyone and pass - he will be seeing over guys and passing to you at the pinch post.
Byron's brain is hardwired, man. Who hired this guy
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject:

Come to think of it, I think the purpose of BS having two-a-day training camps and have a lot of running is to build up stamina and consistency. Why?

First, they haven't been consistent on offense and defense till the end of the game. We can get a nice lead at the 3rd quarter but suddenly our opponents made a run and we couldn't stop them until we dropped the game just like the two games against the Jazz.
The win against the Maccabi? We had a 51-point lead but they made a run to cut the lead to 42, I know it's garbage time and we let our bench players play but they should maintain their lead at 45 or above.

Secondly, Byron said that “Everything that we’ve done thus far will pay off.”
Many may have forgot that in November we will have 5 straight away games with a back-to-back and in December, we will have 8 straight away games with THREE back-to-backs. The travelling will be tiring and everyone could be fatigued. It could help if we can build up enough stamina through the conditioning-heavy practices.

I could be wrong but I think we might have to thank Byron Scott if we managed to go through that tiring schedule with little to no drop on our performances.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The fact that Byron doesn't see Kobe's 9/20 shooting from 3 as super encouraging and intruiging, is disgusting. A good amount have been catch and shoot. I actually think Kobe is our 2nd best catch and shoot guy, after Lou.

Yea Kobe we're guna put u in a lineup with 3 playmakers who can create open looks for you but we don't want those looks to be 3s, 9/20 means absolutely nothing to me. And we also have a Center who can see over anyone and pass - he will be seeing over guys and passing to you at the pinch post.
Byron's brain is hardwired, man. Who hired this guy

Agreed.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

How do we know Byron is just not talking out of his you know what? He is really under no obligation to say how many three's Kobe is going to take? I think we just need to see how the games unfold?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
Scott coaching could end at the All-Star break. If the record is the same as last year, and there's a good possibility that it will be, then he'll be gone. If he's improved on last years record by the break, they will let him finish it out. Depends on how the season goes and if his players tune him out or not.

Only way the record is the same by all star break is if Kobe and Randle go down imo.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

This Byron Scott offense is pathetic. Guys running into each other getting trapped on the baseline.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

He is gonna kill D'Angelo's confidence.

Such a (bleep) coach. He is worse than MDA and Mike Brown.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Sigh. Lakers please get a real coach next time. Sincerely Lakers Nation.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject:

No improvement from game 1 of preseason til now. Get rid of this joke coach, all he does is make these guys run in practice. He was a great Laker player but stinks as a coach
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Well the offense certainly didn't look good tonight.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I was going to say to wait but I management needs to look at how the offense is run. There are no plays, no movement, guys running into each other. He is not the coach for this team. He is messing with Russell's confidence and Russell looks like trash out there with crap lineup. Playing two power forwards that are undersized. The guy doesn't know how to make adjustments.

I'm tired of this clown. He does not know how to coach at all. He preaches defense yeah, he talks about it. That's it. He doesn't teach if your man beats you, run towards Hibberts man, hibbert will get you. Things like that or any defense philosophy.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

What does Byron actually coach at practice? It doesn't look like he preaches anything. This let the guys do whatever they want offense is not going to cut it and no one should ever mention byron and defense in the same sentence again.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

like mike brown? or MDA? or kurt?
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

like mike brown? or MDA? or kurt?

I would glady take any of them over Byron Scott
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Byron's offense: walk the ball up and dump it to the center(Hibbert or Bass) in 12-14secs and they waste additional 3-5 seconds looking at the offense.

last 6-8seconds? iso play

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
He is gonna kill D'Angelo's confidence.

Such a (bleep) coach. He is worse than MDA and Mike Brown.

It's not just Byron, it's the teammates he's out there with. He's going to have a lot of bad habits to shake off in year 2.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

This will definitely be Byron's last year. The offense is more suited for Kobe and Hibbert not the young trio. They need to run more Warriors and Spurs sets, that's the best offense for them.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

You guys should be more worried about the defense more than anything else.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 692, 693, 694  Next
Page 195 of 694
Jump to: