If we lose all the pre season games should the lakers brass Make changes before the season or one month into the season in case the lakers are not winning
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Imagine the league-wide reaction if the Lakers dump their coach based on a poor pre-season.

That's the thing it's not even been a poor pre season. The only game where they looked bad was the first one. Since then they've look pretty good and they've improved from game to game. You can definitely see certain guys get more comfortable playing with each other. i think Williams and Young have the potential to be problem for other teams off the bench. Randle and Clarkson already have flashes of a nice two man game going on. Randle and Hibbert seem to compliment each other well on both ends of the floor.

i just wish Russell hadn't gotten hurt, he's going to need playing time more than just about anyone else.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject:

Sorry, but preseason means dick. That being said, I am actually encouraged from some of the things I have been seeing. Dare I say that we will have one of the best benches in the league (which will only carry us so far). This season will be one of development. Nothing more, nothing less. We obviously hit with JC and Randle is looking very good. We need Randle and Jlo to have the same progression that JC demonstrated last year. I am expecting that and more from Randle. Jlo (to me) is the big question mark. Also, can BS develop more of the kids (especially Nance and Upshaw). He is not a coach that works well with kids. Realistically, the only goal we should have this year is to be a decent/competitive team with our kids playing well (and looking like they are going to be very good players down the road) in order to attract FA's next year and beyond.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject:

If we go 0-8, then it needs to happen. 1-7 is ok but I really want at least 3-5.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."

Last edited by DShotMaker1824 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject:

The great thing I love about the approach to a pre-season game is that it is only a gauge of where you should be, where you need to be and where you need to go!
Most of the teams we will face in the preseason we should lose to; why? It's simple...Most of the team we'll play already have had their team in place for a couple of seasons, this is really a NEW Lakers team with NEW players, starters and we have no chemistry yet, so development of chemistry on both ends of the floor is key! I like that Scott is playing the rookies and getting them some time on the floor with the rest of the young guys. Randle is truly turning out to be a BEAST...
I'm sorry anyone can say what they want but that kid is Legit! Imagine him playing 35+ Minutes a game, the we're talking serious productivity.

The only moves I think the team should think about making, is solidifying the bench players and getting a consistent rotation in that group, but once again focusing on the defensive end of the ball should be a priority!

No need for the FO to panic if we lose every preseason game, none at all...You also have to consider their expectations as well!
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: This is a young new team

I don't any coach can perform miracles.

The expectations are not high. Expect at most a contend for 8th seed.

But this is a whole new team being built from scratch.

Lets give them some time.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

prefuse1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
We've played our worse lineups in the 4th quarter during the first 3 preseason games.
I'm sure the final few exhibition games Scott we'll use a rotation closer to what he'll use in the season.
If we lose badly in those games. I probably still wouldn't shake up coaching/personnel.

The Jazz lineup in the second game was pathetic, and they still won.

Rodney Hood and Alec Burks are not scrubs...I don't understand how can you call the Utah Jazz pathetic with that depth. Also, our team is newly put together and they still fought for overtime with a great chance of actually winning against a better team.

This is an overlooked point. Consistency and stability of roster and systems goes a long way.

If I remember the announcer during the game correctly, the Jazz returned 14 players from last year. Lakers 8 at best. That is including Kobe and Randle. And includes three marginal players on the bubble this year in Sacre, Kelly and J. Brown.

I am seeing what I want to see in the pre-season...improvement. They are a little bit more competitive and are building some chemistry.

I really have no issues with the way Scott has let the games slip away late by playing the borderline players and line-ups. IMO a trial by fire. Letting the players have the opportunity to show something in pressure situations to prove they belong. So far they have shown they are the players we expect and likely cut by the end of camp.
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

Just need to win a couple. 0-8 puts us in a losing mentality and adds desperation to the beginning of the season.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

bucketsandbags wrote:
Just need to win a couple. 0-8 puts us in a losing mentality and adds desperation to the beginning of the season.

Mike Brown
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

bucketsandbags wrote:

Very impressive. 51 posts in 10 years. You have met your quota for the year.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the thing with Scott is that he is stubborn and if that were to change he may be a better coach. Also, he doesn't seem like an X's and O's guy. What the Lakers need to do is have 2 extra coaches. One offensive and one defensive and let them work on sets and have plays, maybe even a system.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

No I don't think people should be fired for losing games that we are not trying to win....
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

OH boy. YOu do know some of the uys playing in the games won't see the light of the day in majority of the games or even the 4th quarter dont u?
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

After the bottom 3 finish this season, lame duck coach B.Scott can be let go.... 2-6 or 1-7 pre-season prediction.

Skal Labissiere or Ben Simmons in the next draft takes some of the pain out of the abomination of a season we are about to witness.

Now if we finish with a 4th or 5th worst record ,,,now that would bite...

Just hope to see Randle/Russell/Clarkson continue to grow skill wise and mentally, that and seeing Kobe is all we can ask for now, unless a miracle does happen. Going to be a lot of losing, I hope we can at least show grit and be competitive....
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
what a title

Haha! Something is off when the title is much longer than the actual original post!
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

No. You ride out Byron Scott until the year is over. Regardless how well or bad they play, you fire him and start going after legit coaches. First, Kevin Ollie. This team has some young guys, It would be nice for a new coach with new players coming up together. If he stays at UCONN, Thibs.
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

If Byron sucks keep him for the year and tank to Ben Simmons
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject:

smh, like preseason means anything.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:

This team is so young and there are so many unanswered questions that we may not have to tank
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject:

It is pre-season. Sure I would like some wins but I am more interested in seeing the team developing some chemistry. And the borderline players get a chance to earn or lose their roster spots. This leads to some odd lineups and losses. So far I see improvement and potential going into the season. I do not see a tanking team again. I doubt the lottery pick is in play this year unless they defy the odds and the lottery ball lands for them.

I know many of you have no respect for Scott's coaching and are looking for reasons to fire him. Just a part of the job as a HC in pro sports.

But I always remain curious of what kind of results it would take to allow him to remain coach in your opinions. What you would consider a "good job".

Hypothetically. If the Lakers win 40-45 games and are in the playoff conversation at the end of the season. If the young players develop into solid players. If the team has good chemistry on both ends of the floor. Maybe defensive rating improvement to around 15th.

Would that be enough to keep Scott in your minds? Does he need to prove more? Does it even matter, you just want him gone for the next HC?

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
what a title

Haha! Something is off when the title is much longer than the actual original post!

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
ainsley wrote:

This team is so young and there are so many unanswered questions that we may not have to tank

ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

Clarkson may not be all star but I like the potential of a Russell, Clarkson and Williams backcourt. I just want to be healthy. If we are healthy, we can win some games. I am really hoping Upshaw develops into the backup center for Hibbert. If he does, that would be huge.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

But I always remain curious of what kind of results it would take to allow him to remain coach in your opinions. What you would consider a "good job".

1) Manage Player's minutes correctly
2) Install a Defensive scheme where everyone has been instructed what they should be doing.
3) Install a motion offense that utilizes the top 4 player's skill sets.
4) Maximize player performance through rotations.
5) Motivate players to play hard.
6) The team cannot underachieve. (Competitive in almost all games, improves as season progresses, a few wins against +.500 teams)

Last year, only #5 was achieved and that's only if you're being generous.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
what a title

Listen. I figured to put all my though out in one sentence. If people were interested they would click the thread
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

All it took for a win is that we play a non nba team
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: