Would you swap draft positions with last year's if you could?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Nope- I would have taken Randle before Jabari, and I am very happy with the Russell pick.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Now, no. I wanted Embiid though.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Totally. Take Jabari Parker at #2 and Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow at #7 this year.

Except we wouldn't have the 7th pick this year because it would go to the 76ers since its outside the top 5.

No offense to the OP but I don't think you thought this through.

And I think you're thinking too much into it.

He's basically saying would you rather have Randle and Russell or Parker and Mudiay?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Props to the OP - this is a good question. If we had the 1st overall pick, then obviously the answer is a resounding yes. Wiggins is one hell of a stud - I obviously favor him over Towns by my answer. Wiggins plus Johnson, Mudiay or Winslow would be sick.

I'm not really that high on Jabari, Embiid or Exum. Maybe it's just homerism speaking, but I like Randle better than either of them. To be fair, though...Russell is kind of in a similar spot as Jabari - Played well in college, but we don't know how they'll turn out in the pro's.
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The ability of people in this forum to dream up and debate oddball scenarios is truly impressive. Seriously. Where do people come up with this stuff?

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Megaton wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Totally. Take Jabari Parker at #2 and Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow at #7 this year.

Except we wouldn't have the 7th pick this year because it would go to the 76ers since its outside the top 5.

He's basically saying would you rather have Randle and Russell or Parker and Mudiay?

Oh then that's easy, Russell and Randle.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
Megaton wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Oh then that's easy, Russell and Randle.

Definitely had Winslow ahead of Mudiay and Stanley Johnson on my draft list.
More like, Jabari Parker and Justise Winslow. Clarkson at PG.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

When I posed the question, I didn't have any people specifically in mind, I meant assuming the draft order was the same, would you swap draft picks? So you could take whoever you wanted as long as they were on the board
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
When I posed the question, I didn't have any people specifically in mind, I meant assuming the draft order was the same, would you swap draft picks? So you could take whoever you wanted as long as they were on the board

Yup. Jordan Clarkson, Jabari Parker, Justise Winslow. That's a sick trio. Just need a defensive center and a long range shooter. All of these guys are triple threat players.

Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:

Yup. Jordan Clarkson, Jabari Parker, Justise Winslow. That's a sick trio. Just need a defensive center and a long range shooter. All of these guys are triple threat players.

Would you trade Russell for Parker and Randle for Winslow right now?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I realize this is a hypothetical that never could have happened, but despite the fact that we never could have had the 7th pick this past offseason, no, I am fine with how things worked out.

Well, I think what he meant to say is if we could have traded the picks we had for the next 10 years worth of #1 picks!!

Cuz that could happen!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject:

I'm still not over the Lakers not taking Jahil Okafor.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject:

Speaking of the last two drafts, the celtics passed on Hood for James Young, and Portis for Rozier. Those are big mistakes, big.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Hibbert hasn't softened the blow?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Ummm...why? Okafor has been sucking all kinds of balls lately. Even 76ers announced how much trouble Okafor is having to score lately.

Get over it.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ummm...why? Okafor has been sucking all kinds of balls lately. Even 76ers announced how much trouble Okafor is having to score lately.

Get over it.

I don't get it too. Maybe our sarcasm meters are broken.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Speaking of the last two drafts, the celtics passed on Hood for James Young, and Portis for Rozier. Those are big mistakes, big.

Pheonix (Tyler Ennis / Devin Booker), Raptors ( Caboclo / Delon Wright) and OKC (Mitch McGary / Cameron Payne) also passed on both.

Oh, and they all passed on Clarkson
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm over it. Small ball/fast paced offense is the way to go. We chose the right direction by going with Russell.

He's got a long way to go though. We need to see some consistent dribble penetration from him soon.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject:

Parker is not better than Randle... Randle has shown flashes of being a 2 way player
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject:

Honestly I think we're already in the perfect position for picking Randle and Russell. Picking Wiggins or Parker or Winslow or Johnson would eliminate the need for small forward. If we really have the #1 pick next year I would pick Skal and not Ben because you really don't need Durant or Paul George anymore if you got Ben Simmons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Hibbert hasn't softened the blow?

Yes he has.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Hibbert's play. I didn't like him at Georgetown or Indiana.

He's young. He's been on the floor much of the season. I hope the Laker injury bug doesn't bite him. I hope he stays healthy.

The team is showing promise. We've been in the hunt in past games. Need to learn how to close.

Jim has 1 year left on his be a contender or step down pledge. I'm pulling for the team, don't have much faith in him.

@Megaton & twisted

I may be wrong but I believe Jahil's poor play is because he doesn't want to play in Philadelphia. If that's in fact true it doesn't bode well for his professionalism.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Honestly I think we're already in the perfect position for picking Randle and Russell. Picking Wiggins or Parker or Winslow or Johnson would eliminate the need for small forward. If we really have the #1 pick next year I would pick Skal and not Ben because you really don't need Durant or Paul George anymore if you got Ben Simmons.

There's no guarantee we get Durant. And Skal seems like a PF not a C so that becomes redundant with Randle. If their skill levels are similar then you go with Simmons.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject:

No...

Not sure why people are already labeling players based on limited summer league and preseason stints. It's too early to say anything about draft choices. The sample size of games played is very small, and they need at least two seasons under their belt for me to jump to a conclusion.

I think Russell has the ability to be a franchise guard in today's league. If Curry, a player who was receiving the same knocks that Russell is getting now in terms of athleticism and speed, can change the dynamic of the game in 3-4 seasons, so can Russell. Skill and fundamentals always supersedes so-called "athletic" ability. There's a reason the Shannon Browns and Gerald Greens of the league have difficulty staying on a team.

And Jabari Parker tore his ACL last season, so his health is a major question mark to me. We've seen players never play the same after that kind of injury.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Parker is not better than Randle... Randle has shown flashes of being a 2 way player

That's easy to say since Parker had his own ACL injury and hasn't come back from that yet.

Rookie to rookie, it's not close. When drafting Parker, you're not drafting him for his defense. You're drafting him on the idea that he's a quadruple threat and #1 or #2 option from the get go. Slash. Shoot. Post. Pass. And he showed all of that early on.

Funny part is, Randle wasn't exactly drafted for his defense either. He did have the physical tools.

bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:

Uh no, I'd take Simmons pair him with DLO and don't look back. Golden era once again. I'd be shaking my head how this franchise got that lucky
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: