The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the video. I think this training and bringing in coach Worthy to help the big men out is really awesome. Lakers org is blessed with all of these Hall of Famers. I wish Magic could work with Deangelo Russell some. Or some other PG.

I think all these moves are things that he should learn and learn to be confident in them, they will help him so much.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I wish Magic could work with Deangelo Russell some. Or some other PG.

I wish Magic would scrimmage opposite Russell so that both scrimmage teams can get ready for those whip passes.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

I wish Magic would scrimmage opposite Russell so that both scrimmage teams can get ready for those whip passes.

Your top 5 for next year Mike?

We will be a lot more fun to watch this year no doubt, but with how loaded the west is and how weak the east is (allowing teams like the Magic, Knicks to stack up more wins), I still expect the Lakers to fall into the bottom 8. So I'm already hoping the ping pong balls fall our way again to a top 3 pick
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
24 wrote:
I like how they are rewarding him for boards by letting him intiate the offense. Gives an entirely different look and lets him display some of his open court decision making.

Yup, there were moments where he was allowed to bring the ball upcourt even off a non-rebounding situation.

And that's cool too. Just makes a defense react differently.

definitely makes the defense have to be ready for different stuff. https://vine.co/v/eEAezuK7Jpi here you see Randle pushing the tempo, swinging it over to Clarkson and catching his man off guard on a screen, you get a switch. The screen and switch occurred at :18 on the shot clock, Roy flashed and got the ball at :13 and scored his bucket at :11. That's very good offense with tempo. Brown was also open in the corner
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
Thanks for the video. I think this training and bringing in coach Worthy to help the big men out is really awesome. Lakers org is blessed with all of these Hall of Famers. I wish Magic could work with Deangelo Russell some. Or some other PG.

I think all these moves are things that he should learn and learn to be confident in them, they will help him so much.

Fwiw, Magic said that he couldn't wait to sit down and talk with Russell, presumably about his game.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

We will be a lot more fun to watch this year no doubt, but with how loaded the west is and how weak the east is (allowing teams like the Magic, Knicks to stack up more wins), I still expect the Lakers to fall into the bottom 8. So I'm already hoping the ping pong balls fall our way again to a top 3 pick

BEN SIMMONS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Has there ever been a championship contending starting 5 that was built on rookie deals? The Durant-Green-Westbrook-Harden tandem comes to mind, but what else?

Say we are extremely lucky and end up with Ben Simmon...
Randle-Simmon-Russell-Clarkson might come close to that OKC team. Who knows, might even entice Durant.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Yong wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Has there ever been a championship contending starting 5 that was built on rookie deals? The Durant-Green-Westbrook-Harden tandem comes to mind, but what else?

Randle-Simmon-Russell-Clarkson might come close to that OKC team. Who knows, might even entice Durant.

Golden State Warriors. Curry, Klay, Barnes, etc.

The dream would be coming up short with a 9th seed in the West but jumping all the teams in the lottery so that we can draft Ben Simmons.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
twisted wrote:
Yong wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

The dream would be coming up short with a 9th seed in the West but jumping all the teams in the lottery so that we can draft Ben Simmons.

I love your avatar.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Megaton wrote:
twisted wrote:
Yong wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

I love your avatar.
Experts are unable to measure their heart, factor the determination, quantify the past, present, and future practice hours, accurately add the chemistry, rate the improvement, analyze the little known, or to see why this team should gel better than many others. Shaq is in the news wondering if they even have tradeable assets. That topic was relevant 2 or 3 years ago, not now (imagine Shaqasaurus living in the past).

Some experts equate this team with others that have a lot of rookies /young guys, but not 1 of them have the balanced top level talent mixed with vets at or near the top of their respective positions, and the just the right blend of substitute talent and energy, brought together by a special rookie.

For a ton of reasons that only insiders could know or see, or those paying attention to fine details, I have every reason to believe that if healthy, this team has captured lightning in a bottle and will shock the world. Mgmt knows that and that's why they kept all the young guys Mitch said it wouldn't make sense to keep. Call me a homer, a dreamer, then keep watching the team unfold.

Last edited by lakersboy on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject:

Depends what you mean by shocking the world. Especially in their first year.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:

Winning more than 30 games would shock a lot of media heads.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Winning more than 30 games would shock a lot of media heads.

Kinda doubt it. I guess most medias have us in the 25 - 35 range.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject:

We would shock the world by getting 40+ wins, 50+ wins, 60+ wins, 70+ wins, 80+ wins, 82 wins, making the playoffs, upsetting the first seed, made it to the Conference Finals, made it to the NBA Finals, winning the championship.
But that's not realistic.

At most I would see the Lakers shock the world by making the playoffs and upsetting the 1st seed, just like the Warriors, the 8th seed (42-40) upsetting the Mavs, the 1st seed (67-15) at 2007 in the Warriors' first playoff appearance in 13 years.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

What we have could be really attractive a free agencies next year. We're really one more star/a few years away from being a contender.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Hiring Big Game James already paying dividends:
http://www.twcsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20151008/james-worthy-talks-about-julius-randle-first-step

That short fadeaway on that drive that Julius has been has hitting the past few games was something that Worthy was telling him to do in camp, instead of bullying in. I've also seen the patience and footwork in the post.

Thanks for the video. I would love him to do that rip move that Horry was talking about. I remember when Rick Fox used to use that in the post a lot. Very important for him to have great footwork. Glad the Lakers hired James.

Rick was GREAT at that. He didn't use it too often as a Laker because he wasn't often in the post. However, when he did use it, it was a thing of beauty. Due to his low center of gravity, Rick was able to spin and rip with quickness and fluidity. Randle has a similar low center of gravity, so it's a move that he should be able to master.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
We would shock the world by getting 40+ wins, 50+ wins, 60+ wins, 70+ wins, 80+ wins, 82 wins, making the playoffs, upsetting the first seed, made it to the Conference Finals, made it to the NBA Finals, winning the championship.

At most I would see the Lakers shock the world by making the playoffs and upsetting the 1st seed, just like the Warriors, the 8th seed (42-40) upsetting the Mavs, the 1st seed (67-15) at 2007 in the Warriors' first playoff appearance in 13 years.

Every fan approaches the season differently. But if there are a ton of folks expecting a lot of wins I think they maybe setting themselves up for disappointment.

For me, this season is about letting the new guys gel and develop.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Yong wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

What I would hope for is a blend of vets & stud young guys. A core 7 of Randle/Clarkson/Russell/Top 3 pick combined with Hibbert/2 major Free Agent signings (Batum,KD,DeRozan,Horford,Parsons)
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

I see most power rankings have us around 22-28. Stein at ESPN has us at 28 so I expect us to be holding our breath come the draft lottery.

35 wins would be considered a good year for most & would put us around the 9th slot in the lottery going off last year
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Only if he is available in the second round or we can buy a pick, we need to win some games this season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

Every fan approaches the season differently. But if there are a ton of folks expecting a lot of wins I think they maybe setting themselves up for disappointment.

For me, this season is about letting the new guys gel and develop.

I still haven't figured out why it has to be one or the other.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I see most power rankings have us around 22-28. Stein at ESPN has us at 28 so I expect us to be holding our breath come the draft lottery.

35 wins would be considered a good year for most & would put us around the 9th slot in the lottery going off last year

This years draft doesn't look that strong. I'd be fine with giving up the 9th pick to Philly.

Although if we miss the playoff I'd hope we get lucky and get a top 3 pick to add to our core or trade for it a star.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Honestly I'm not crazy excited about the incoming freshman. I have been spoiled by the crops of the 90s HS players.

Kris Dunn Top 5. That's all I can say.

Do the Lakers even have a pick this year?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

Hey, the Cavs were what, the 9th worst record and ended up with the #1 seed.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hey, the Cavs were what, the 9th worst record and ended up with the #1 seed.

There would be so many conspiracy theories if that happened again. I'd love to get Simmons to add to our young core
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 379 of 1536
Jump to: