LAKERS -vs- KINGS -- 10-13-15 -- PRESEASON GAME 5 -- 7PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
C'mon guys posters should be able to post their concerns without us being overly defensive. I think the worries about Russell's game is legit. I'm not calling him a bust, and I damn sure don't want Okafor but aren't you guys seeing what we're seeing? It doesn't mean you should get upset, constructive criticism is good.

Russell grabbed 7 rebounds, I'd like to see him push the ball off those boards and try to get to the rack. I'd like to see him come off screens and shoot the ball with no hesitation. I'd like to see him try to break down the defense with dribble moves and penetration, I'd like to see him be more aggressive offensively and defensively, the team needs more energy from him, I think they'll feed off it. Those are areas of his game he should work on. He definitely didn't look like a starting point guard out there, I don't think he will be starting anytime soon

This post is 100% correct and echoes the thoughts of many people who want more from Russell. But be prepared to be called an okafor can and Russell hater
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
C'mon guys posters should be able to post their concerns without us being overly defensive. I think the worries about Russell's game is legit. I'm not calling him a bust, and I damn sure don't want Okafor but aren't you guys seeing what we're seeing? It doesn't mean you should get upset, constructive criticism is good.

Russell grabbed 7 rebounds, I'd like to see him push the ball off those boards and try to get to the rack. I'd like to see him come off screens and shoot the ball with no hesitation. I'd like to see him try to break down the defense with dribble moves and penetration, I'd like to see him be more aggressive offensively and defensively, the team needs more energy from him, I think they'll feed off it. Those are areas of his game he should work on. He definitely didn't look like a starting point guard out there, I don't think he will be starting anytime soon

This post is 100% correct and echoes the thoughts of many people who want more from Russell. But be prepared to be called an okafor can and Russell hater

I think the pushback is based on the concept that "we heard you the first time."
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject:

Genaro wrote:
Let me write the game rant no one will read. First of all I must say that this game was so bad I almost stopped watching at the third quarter but I wanted to hear what happened to Kobe first.

Byron Scott
The guys looks lost. He doesn't play the guys who should play, he doesn't have a good rotation set up, he keeps playing the same unit even if nothing is going well, he plays guys who weren't supposed to play together, Anyway, it's a mess. I really hope he goes after the season.

The defense
First of all: I really hate switching big/small on the screens. And we aren't doing it right too. A lot of times guys switch and all of a sudden someone is wide open.
Guard defense is a low on our roster but guys weren't even trying. Guys are blowing by them with ease.
Hibbert is trying to erase everyone's mistakes but when he does impede the layup, someone is free under the rim to be assisted or to get the off rebound.
Rebound was a issue with Bass and Ryan. They can't play together. It's one or the other.

The Offense
Do I need to say anything? They do run the sets once or twice but mostly is just one on one. Nick, Kobe and Lou shoot too much. Nick is the worst of them, I prefer Artest or Brown to be the SF of off the bench.
And even when they run their sets, I don't like this offense. NBA offense nowadays is pick and roll and ball movement. I would put the ball in Clarkson or DLO hands and let them run PnR until they find someone spotted for a 3, someone under the rim or a path to the basket. That's how it works nowadays. This offense doesn't draw a lot of 3s witch is important in today's league. Scott asked for more 3s but all we see is Nick, Lou, Kobe, Clarkson and Russell shoot with a hand on their face.

Kobe
Too much ball hogging. He needs to know that the priority is to develop the young guys.
On defense he needs to show something. He just stands around and let everyone shoots uncontested 3s.

D'LO
People need to understand that he's a rookie and he's not Magic Johnson. It'll take a while. He'll look good sometimes and (bleep) other times. As I stated I don't like this offense, I don't think it suits his abilities. The fact our defense was so bad today also didn't let him do his thing in transition.

Anthony Brown
Good defender, good shooter. I think he can translate himself to a player like Ariza someday. The offense has to generate him some shots.

I hope Scott plays Nance and Upshaw, and Huertas can finally play soon.

Read the rant, and completely agree
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

Genaro wrote:
Let me write the game rant no one will read. First of all I must say that this game was so bad I almost stopped watching at the third quarter but I wanted to hear what happened to Kobe first.

Byron Scott
The guys looks lost. He doesn't play the guys who should play, he doesn't have a good rotation set up, he keeps playing the same unit even if nothing is going well, he plays guys who weren't supposed to play together, Anyway, it's a mess. I really hope he goes after the season.

The defense
First of all: I really hate switching big/small on the screens. And we aren't doing it right too. A lot of times guys switch and all of a sudden someone is wide open.
Guard defense is a low on our roster but guys weren't even trying. Guys are blowing by them with ease.
Hibbert is trying to erase everyone's mistakes but when he does impede the layup, someone is free under the rim to be assisted or to get the off rebound.
Rebound was a issue with Bass and Ryan. They can't play together. It's one or the other.

The Offense
Do I need to say anything? They do run the sets once or twice but mostly is just one on one. Nick, Kobe and Lou shoot too much. Nick is the worst of them, I prefer Artest or Brown to be the SF of off the bench.
And even when they run their sets, I don't like this offense. NBA offense nowadays is pick and roll and ball movement. I would put the ball in Clarkson or DLO hands and let them run PnR until they find someone spotted for a 3, someone under the rim or a path to the basket. That's how it works nowadays. This offense doesn't draw a lot of 3s witch is important in today's league. Scott asked for more 3s but all we see is Nick, Lou, Kobe, Clarkson and Russell shoot with a hand on their face.

Kobe
Too much ball hogging. He needs to know that the priority is to develop the young guys.
On defense he needs to show something. He just stands around and let everyone shoots uncontested 3s.

D'LO
People need to understand that he's a rookie and he's not Magic Johnson. It'll take a while. He'll look good sometimes and (bleep) other times. As I stated I don't like this offense, I don't think it suits his abilities. The fact our defense was so bad today also didn't let him do his thing in transition.

Anthony Brown
Good defender, good shooter. I think he can translate himself to a player like Ariza someday. The offense has to generate him some shots.

I hope Scott plays Nance and Upshaw, and Huertas can finally play soon.

I agree the offense is too much isolation. Guards always being trapped, or just running into the paint with nowhere to go!. I don't see people passing the ball and looking for open shooters. Put players around the perimeter and let them swing the ball for open 3's. It's all about the pg just dribbling around picks and everyone else just standing around. The offense leads to bad defense, it always does. Until players get involved in the offense, and they execute well in it they won't play good defense. Making shots is a good defense. A bad offense leads to power plays from the opponent, it is very discouraging for any player involved in it. It's like you're in quick sand.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37
Jump to: