LAKERS -vs- Blazers -- 10-19-15 -- PRESEASON GAME 7 -- 7:30PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Damn. D'Angelo Russell is untouchable around here. People come out with the pitchforks when anybody suggests maybe bringing him off the bench or sending him to the d-league for a little bit.

Right, because we couldn't possibly find minutes for him on this roster.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
"Russell needs to pass more"

Has 11 assists in 18 minutes.

"Russell needs to score more"

Has 12 points in 17 minutes.

What's next lol?

Play like that against starters while he is in the starting line-up not when Lillard is out and no one gives a crap about the game anymore.

If he did his scoring outburst in the 1st rather than the fourth, you would say that he can't score in crunchtime due to pressure. (PS. He scored twice in the 1st and Lillard didn't get anything on him when they matched up.)
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

So many agendas here. Can we at least all agree that Sacre should be cut?
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Damn. D'Angelo Russell is untouchable around here. People come out with the pitchforks when anybody suggests maybe bringing him off the bench or sending him to the d-league for a little bit.

You just proved my point lol. Nobody can say anything at all critical of D'Angelo Russell. He's untouchable.

I'm not against D'Angelo Russell AT ALL. I wouldn't go as far as sending him to the D-League.. but I'm definitely not against bringing him off the bench for a few weeks.

People are so desperate to see something that just isn't there YET

It will get there though, I have no doubt about that.

Last edited by ch3cky0selff00 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
"Russell needs to pass more"

Has 11 assists in 18 minutes.

"Russell needs to score more"

Has 12 points in 17 minutes.

What's next lol?

Play like that against starters while he is in the starting line-up not when Lillard is out and no one gives a crap about the game anymore.

So take away from Clarkson and Randle's scoring. Gotcha.

If he's deferring, he's doing it for a reason.

That was my point about Kyrie.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

You just proved my point lol. Nobody can say anything at all critical of D'Angelo Russell. He's untouchable.

I'm not against D'Angelo Russell AT ALL. I wouldn't go as far as sending him to the D-League.. but I'm definitely not against bringing him off the bench for a few weeks.

Because the moment he goes 2/5, it's nothing but trash comments like he can't shoot. But when he starts shooting well and finishes 5/8, it's because he's going up against "third stringers". You do realize the flaws in the logic of his haters, right? Basically, there is no reasoning with them.

And it's still preseason. He has yet to play a game that means something.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

You said "sending him to the D-league," which isn't the same thing as coming off the bench. One scenario lets him play against NBA talent. The other does not.

Where did i get my pitchfork? All I said (ironically) was that minutes should be available for him on a team that isn't exactly a champion contender in win-now mode. Our young guys need to develop as quickly as possible if we're trying to attract a big FA next year. They're not going to be impressed by D-League highlights. And I like what I've seen of Huertas, but he's not luring Kevin Durant here.

I somehow "proved your point," and yet apparently, you didn't have one.

Last edited by pjiddy on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

People just get tired of the same handful of posters trashing our young players in post after post after post BEFORE THE SEASON HAS EVEN STARTED.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

There's a difference between being critical and using logic that doesn't add up to troll.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

People just get tired of the same handful of posters trashing our young players in post after post after post BEFORE THE SEASON HAS EVEN STARTED.

I get it. Trust me, I do. If I, personally came off that way, that wasn't my intention lol.

But, I mean, there are bound to be people that just aren't as enamored with a player as someone else. It doesn't mean you have to attack them for thinking differently.

Some people here are wanting D'Angelo Russell to start right away with 30+ minutes and "throw into the fire" to "develop chemistry" with Jordan Clarkson.

Some people don't think he's just quite ready and think he should be bring along a little more slowly. It's not taking anything away from Russell at all.

Then, there's the people that post just to get people riled up lol.

For the record, I'm one of the people who see's the potential and talent.. but I don't think he's ready *yet* for the full-time starting position.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:

to settle the DLO debate is easy. just take a poll with big name free agents, who wants to come here play with ball hogs Kobe and Clarkson, or DLO? answer is simple, DLO is our future, he can attract Kevin Durants and maybe even LeBron if we surrounding him in a system that maximizes his potential. MDA left too early, B Scott is a lame duck coach, he'd just let players do iso all game long, while maintain his army like routine in practice to show how "tough" he is, give me a break. Lakers need to hire MDA back!

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Even though we were playing against a team I expect not to make the playoffs, I'm optimistic that this current Lakers team can make the playoffs this year. Led by more than likely Kobe, Hibbert and Clarkson. Randle will have his growing pains and I don't think Russell is quite ready yet
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

I get it. Trust me, I do. If I, personally came off that way, that wasn't my intention lol.

But, I mean, there are bound to be people that just aren't as enamored with a player as someone else. It doesn't mean you have to attack them for thinking differently.

Some people here are wanting D'Angelo Russell to start right away with 30+ minutes and "throw into the fire" to "develop chemistry" with Jordan Clarkson.

Some people don't think he's just quite ready and think he should be bring along a little more slowly. It's not taking anything away from Russell at all.

Then, there's the people that post just to get people riled up lol.

For the record, I'm one of the people who see's the potential and talent.. but I don't think he's ready *yet* for the full-time starting position.

I don't think many people expect a rookie to play 30+ minutes. People wanting him to start has more to do with wanting him to play with that group of players rather than people expecting him to like anything other than a rookie.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Almost 2 am on the east coast and Ryan Kelly still trending on Twitter.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Even though we were playing against a team I expect not to make the playoffs, I'm optimistic that this current Lakers team can make the playoffs this year. Led by more than likely Kobe, Hibbert and Clarkson. Randle will have his growing pains and I don't think Russell is quite ready yet

Randle and Russell may struggle a bit early in the season, but i think they'll show a lot of improvement as the season goes on.

Phoenix, Dallas, Sacramento and Utah will be our competition for the final playoff spot.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
al242 wrote:

Randle and Russell may struggle a bit early in the season, but i think they'll show a lot of improvement as the season goes on.

Phoenix, Dallas, Sacramento and Utah will be our competition for the final playoff spot.

Eh, they'll be top 10 lottery as usual, like they have been for the last 10 years.

I do agree with the other 3 tho.
Genaro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I am with those who prefer Dlo starting. Huertas is needed on the bench unit to organize those chuckers and don't let them break the rims fading away from 3. Huertas can finish the games if he's playing better that given day.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:

Yes!
madd_game08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
What did I just see??????

https://vid.me/H5yw

I was in the 7th row behind home court basket. Great game, Laker's competed the whole way. Nice win. And I happened to catch the game winner.
madd_game08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:

Who do we cut?

Prior to preseason, Kelly and Sacre were mine (and I feel everyone's first choice)

Kelly def played himself on to the team, especially after tonight. I cannot believe I'm even saying this after last season, but I am glad I watched up until this point before deciding. He has a place on this team.... while Sacre (good of a teammate as he may be) just does not fill a role on this team to warrant keeping him... very easy decision imo

Also Holmes and Frazier-- (sounds like an old school boxing card, lol) Sure, they have show flashes, but NOWHERE enough to make us look twice at the young core (Clarkson, Randle, Russell, Upshaw, Nance... probably throw in A. Brown here too... and Huertas bc although he's 32, he was/is still a rookie on a non-guaranteed contract... and generally an unknown commodity...)

Huertas is in. No doubt after 2 games. He fills a role, and hopefully an important one at that. Only obstacle would be health.

So we cut: Sacre, Holmes, Frazier.

Comes down to J.Brown vs Metta for the final roster spot.

I would not even blink at choosing Metta over Jabari.

Both have shown "flashes"... Jabari has more upside, no question...

But it's not even a debate.

My 15th guy on the roster is Metta. 6 days a week, and twice on Sundays.

We don't need more young guys competing for minutes. We need leadership. We need mentors, we need a mix of youth and veterans. Randle (and Black, nance, A brown, etc...) need a defensive mentor, day in, day out. Jabari doesn't fill that role. And Metta cannot fill that role as a "player development coach...

We have a plethora of potential on the roster. Guys that play a vital role, and we lots of ball stoppers/volume scorers (Kobe, Lou, Swaggy...)

Jabari is duplication of that...heck, at this point I'd take Holmes or Frazier over him.

Final cuts: Sacre, Holmes, Frazier, J. Brown

Try to retain all in the d-league... if not, oh well.

Anyhow, I could go on and on about this, but I am sure mostly everyone feels the same way.

Glad we got this far in preseason where the choices to cut are not so blatantly obvious and valid arguments could still be made... makes me feel like the future is bright.
Genaro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject:

madd_game08 wrote:
Comes down to J.Brown vs Metta for the final roster spot.

I would not even blink at choosing Metta over Jabari.

Both have shown "flashes"... Jabari has more upside, no question...

But it's not even a debate.

My 15th guy on the roster is Metta. 6 days a week, and twice on Sundays.

We don't need more young guys competing for minutes. We need leadership. We need mentors, we need a mix of youth and veterans. Randle (and Black, nance, A brown, etc...) need a defensive mentor, day in, day out. Jabari doesn't fill that role. And Metta cannot fill that role as a "player development coach...

We have a plethora of potential on the roster. Guys that play a vital role, and we lots of ball stoppers/volume scorers (Kobe, Lou, Swaggy...)

Jabari is duplication of that...heck, at this point I'd take Holmes or Frazier over him.

Final cuts: Sacre, Holmes, Frazier, J. Brown

I agree. Jabari is just a dumb man that does nothing but score. He's a one trick pony. We already have Nick for this role. (Except JB is a slasher while Nick is a jump shooter)
Artest brings good perimeter defense and plays in a position we are thin.

A Brown and Upshaw probably won't play much in the season but I think their potential is enough to make the team.

Sacre has been with the Lakers for 3 years and is nothing but a big body, if Upshaw doesn't pan out we can find another Sacre with ease.

Holmes played well sometimes but since he injured himself not a chance. Sucks for him.

Frazier isn't necessary cause we already have several SG's that are better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54
Page 54 of 54
Jump to: