Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

meant to say favorite NBA game series
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Love them both. Live is pretty good, but 2K is more realistic.

NBA 06 is another game that I have, though not quite on the level of Live and 2K series.
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

i would have to say NBA live is the better game...but then again...ive never played the 2k series..lol
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Live is better if you play it in a serious way. Most people who play it, just take advantage of the fact that you CAN dominate the computer. If you tweak the settings and play it on "Superstar" difficulty and actually try to run an offense you can and with good animations.

I can't stand 2K's series because the players are highly unathletic. You can't just out-jump players for a rebound with Tyson Chandler, even though he does it all the time. The players move/run like tanks, etc. There's just no fluidity in the animations at all.

HOPEFULLY, Live 07 brings a nice mixture of the two games as it sounds.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
un1bomber
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject:

NBA Live all day baby
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

joshman445 wrote:
i would have to say NBA live is the better game...but then again...ive never played the 2k series..lol

magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I find it amazing that 2K is still relatively the same game it was 4 years ago, save for "signature-style" or whatever. They still haven't fixed the robotic animations, footwork, athleticism, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer 2k over Live if I'm playing on my own, but damn. Change the game somewhat.

Live took a major hit for starting from scratch on 360 last year and not being able to implement all of the new features with the new graphics and such, but it looks like a situation where they took 2 step back to take 2 steps forward. Whereas with 2k, they just ported the damn game and are still basically the same game that you can play if you have 2k4.

Just upsetting. Oh well. Live for dynasty modes and such. 2k for a game here and there with the computer or a friend online.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

the only think i like 2k over live is that 3x3 street mode, but ovrall, Live > 2k
thetin31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:

yea most people that say live is better have never played 2k or havent played it enough to give it a fair evaluation

anways, 2k is more realistic but can get boring after a while
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:

nba live until last year because it sucked so bad with all those and 1 stuff and crap!

now im nba 2k!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: