Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
tnell wrote:
https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/660317663424417792

According to Scott it's not about X's and O's. You gotta man up lol

Probably because he can't X or O and his methods relies on harping out common tropes while a brilliant point guard like Kidd or Paul actually runs the team for him.

Byron: It's not X's and O's. We have that covered. There's only so complicated X's and O's can get. I've made it as simple as I can make it.

Reporter: Can you I've us an example?

Byron: Fine. If you see two X's in a row, you defend by putting an O in the third box. But be careful of the owners, because if they have those, then they might have two options for tic-tac-toe, which makes it tough to defend against.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Players have seemed to have already quit on Byron. They seem to not care in their responses and are just trying to repeat Byrons catchphrases

This happened pretty early last year too.
rtsmith
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject:

so who will become the scapegoat this year?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
OshadowO wrote:
tnell wrote:
https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/660317663424417792

According to Scott it's not about X's and O's. You gotta man up lol

Probably because he can't X or O and his methods relies on harping out common tropes while a brilliant point guard like Kidd or Paul actually runs the team for him.

Byron: It's not X's and O's. We have that covered. There's only so complicated X's and O's can get. I've made it as simple as I can make it.

Reporter: Can you I've us an example?

Byron: Fine. If you see two X's in a row, you defend by putting an O in the third box. But be careful of the owners, because if they have those, then they might have two options for tic-tac-toe, which makes it tough to defend against.

And I'm pretty sure you meant "corners".
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Let's face it, our front office has shown no clue how to compete under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement which isn't all that new anymore.

Figure it out or bring in people who can, time for wholesale organizational changes.

no they've actually done a great job under the CBA to position us for a bright future. a core of 3 young players with potential on rookie scale contracts, and the most cap space in the league. not bad

We are going to miss the playoffs badly three years in a row.

I don't think props are deserved here, any team can stink and draft in the lottery and it looks like they reached on the most recent lottery pick despite getting a golden opportunity.

Randle and Kobe are stinking up on the court, and yet this entire half is Russell's fault? Did he bang your wife or something? Your hatred of him is a bit creepy. Maybe you should step away from LG until you figure out why you feel the need to be so hypercritical of a 19 year old.

You need to take it down about six notches.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

This Laker team is lazy. Hibbert wont defend. The rooks are overmatched. Its a really bad team.

Unfortunately, I dont see Clarkson/Russell/Randle developing into anything contender worthy. Russell is too slow, and Randle is too short. They are limited role players. There's no alphas there.

I'm still perplexed how Mitch still has a job. People blaming Jim Buss, but its Mitch signing and trading for this roster, and the roster flat out stinks.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't think I've seen such bad coaching in all my life. Scott is just horrible. Initially I was blaming the players for not boxing out and defending better but when I rewatched the game it was clear that Scott has no idea what he is doing.

The first mistake I seen was going away from the bigs so early. Every shot was an outside jumper. Any missed shot the Lakers had no chance at it. WCS and Cousins gobbled them up without much resistance. Randle couldn't blow by WCS and he has trouble with length. He kept on trying to size WCS up off the dribble but thought better of it. Randle was rendered useless. I still think his best spot of the floor is right outside the key. There he could catch, survey and make his move. He has the speed to be very effective there but too often he is at the top looking for lanes to the basket. He would be one hell of a RB though.

The second mistake is playing Kobe at the three. To me the three is the most crucial defensive position on the floor. The three needs to be able to switch from big to small, help rebound and box out, and on offense, basically shoot the open jumper or attack. Kobe does none.

The most glaring and mind bending thing Scott is doing is putting in a line up of Bass and Kelly. They both are far from being decent defenders or rebounders. They both can be solid player when place a long side a defensive center but to play them together is... I don't even know.

The game was close in the first 3 minutes. The ball was moving. Randle made quick decisive passes and the ball eventually found the open man.

George Karl made one adjustment and it blew the game open.

He pulled Cousins out of the key and that in turn drew out Hibbert. Now the key looks likes this. Kobe slightly sagging off his man and Julius down low to cover everything. The Kings continued to attack this. Rondo had I don't know how many reverse lay ups. Randle has absolutely no chance of blocking these type of shots. When Scott tried to adjust for this all Karl did was had Cousins play PG. He attacked Hibbert and once he got past his hip, there was nothing any one could do.

So... what does Scott do? He takes out Hibbert 4 minutes into the game and replaces him with Bass.

Hmmm, if I was a King and seen a front court of Bass , Randle and Kobe? I would attack all day.

From that moment on, the game was blown open. It was out of hand when he inserted Kelly.

That was just the first quarter...
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
This Laker team is lazy. Hibbert wont defend. The rooks are overmatched. Its a really bad team.

Unfortunately, I dont see Clarkson/Russell/Randle developing into anything contender worthy. Russell is too slow, and Randle is too short. They are limited role players. There's no alphas there.

I'm still perplexed how Mitch still has a job. People blaming Jim Buss, but its Mitch signing and trading for this roster, and the roster flat out stinks.

We'll have cap room to sign two max players when Kobe retires and Byron is shown the door. A young core of Clarkson/DLO/Randle + two max players + competent coaching should get us back into contention. At least that's the plan.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

It couldn't have been more than a week ago when there was a thread nominating Mitch as executive of the year for the players they signed.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

rtsmith wrote:
so who will become the scapegoat this year?

Jeremy lin... he clouded Byron's mind, Byron has not recovered from last season yet...
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Kelly is more fit with the starting five. I hope to see Randle off the bench.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

We'll have cap room to sign two max players when Kobe retires and Byron is shown the door. A young core of Clarkson/DLO/Randle + two max players + competent coaching should get us back into contention. At least that's the plan.

We've had cap room for the last several seasons and no big tickets will sign here, and they certainly wont sign if we win 20 games again.

At some point you gotta draft your own alphas (Golden State did it with Steph, Klay, Green), OKC did it with Durant/Westbrook, San Antonio did it with Duncan/Kawhi, Parker, Ginobbli).

Houston traded for Harden and signed Dwight.

Simply signing 2 free agents to join a 20 win team..when has that ever happened? We arent pulling a Miami Heat 2010 or Boston Celtics 2007 scenario here.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
freethrow wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

We've had cap room for the last several seasons and no big tickets will sign here, and they certainly wont sign if we win 20 games again.

At some point you gotta draft your own alphas (Golden State did it with Steph, Klay, Green), OKC did it with Durant/Westbrook, San Antonio did it with Duncan/Kawhi, Parker, Ginobbli).

Houston traded for Harden and signed Dwight.

Simply signing 2 free agents to join a 20 win team..when has that ever happened? We arent pulling a Miami Heat 2010 or Boston Celtics 2007 scenario here.

Not to mention Boston and Miami already had their own alphas
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Rondo had 4 pts last game. 21 tonight. Almost 70%. Rubio carreer-high last game. PG's are going to feast on this team.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Rondo had 4 pts last game. 21 tonight. Almost 70%. Rubio carreer-high last game. PG's are going to feast on this team.

Why isn't Scott doing something about this. It is pathetic.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

You know that'd be a good idea if he had a clue.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

I spent all summer telling people that Clarkson, Kobe, Russell would get destroyed on defense and some tried to tell me that some how they would magically become decent defenders. To make matters worse Randle isnt really good on defense either. So we have 4 bad defenders and Hibbert. We will lose lots and lots of games sticking with this line up.

There is a log jam with Kobe, Lou, Nick, Clarkson and Russell. At least one needs to go for a more balanced player, maybe even two of them. We also need another big who can defend and rebound.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

I spent all summer telling people that Clarkson, Kobe, Russell would get destroyed on defense and some tried to tell me that some how they would magically become decent defenders. To make matters worse Randle isnt really good on defense either. So we have 4 bad defenders and Hibbert. We will lose lots and lots of games sticking with this line up.

There is a log jam with Kobe, Lou, Nick, Clarkson and Russell. At least one needs to go for a more balanced player, maybe even two of them. We also need another big who can defend and rebound.

apparently sac wanted Randle and clarkson for cousins, lets see if he and karl clash mid season,,,
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

Is the problem playing a rookie and a sophomore at point guard and shooting guard?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Is the problem playing a rookie and a sophomore at point guard and shooting guard?

Bigs have shared responsibility in PG defense. It's been bad all around. However the major problem is transition defense.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Now that he told them to man up, it won't happen again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84
Page 84 of 84
Jump to: