*OFFICIAL* 2016 NBA Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we have different sources of Durants measurements but DX: he's + 2" wingspan and +1" bare height and only + .5" reach. That's close. Not quite KD but still pretty much unprecedented at SF
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Maybe we have different sources of Durants measurements but DX: he's + 2" wingspan and +1" bare height and only + .5" reach. That's close. Not quite KD but still pretty much unprecedented at SF

I was contrasting to Ariza I believe.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

Looks like this thread is going to be popping. Was looking forward to not have to follow CBB but now I'm excited again that we could get another young stud.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Looks like this thread is going to be popping. Was looking forward to not have to follow CBB but now I'm excited again that we could get another young stud.

Fine by me. I'm anxious to see if it'll actually build Kris Dunn's draft stock to stay another year.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Fine by me. I'm anxious to see if it'll actually build Kris Dunn's draft stock to stay another year.

yes him and Gary Payton Jr. Can GP play so well that he overcomes the age factor? I think there's a shot that Dunn and also Levert are top 7 picks (not a fan of this draft crop so they have a shot. I like them)

Also, regarding last years draft - Montrezl would have been a solid pickup at 27 to give Russell a dynamic roller in the PnR at Center. Would prefer him at smallball Center over Tarik/Bass . Roy can't replicate what Russell's Center at OSU did in the PnR , sadly, Roy's biggest drawback.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

yes him and Gary Payton Jr. Can GP play so well that he overcomes the age factor? I think there's a shot that Dunn and also Levert are top 7 picks (not a fan of this draft crop so they have a shot. I like them)

Also, regarding last years draft - Montrezl would have been a solid pickup at 27 to give Russell a dynamic roller in the PnR at Center. Would prefer him at smallball Center over Tarik/Bass . Roy can't replicate what Russell's Center at OSU did in the PnR , sadly, Roy's biggest drawback.

The Lakers had a wide variety of draft combinations they could have gone with, including perceived BPAs at position and being a fit as well.

Okafor/ Joe Young would have been outstanding.
Russell/Harrell or Mickey (But we don't with Nance?)

I am concerned about Payton II because he has been such a late bloomer at the guard spot. I expect a stronger Levert and Dunn to basically have a repeat year but with more defensive pressure. The only way Dunn improves is a better 3pt.%.

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He probably would've gone up the draft board over the pre-draft period if he had entered this year.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike where are you looking at measurables for ingram? He has better measurables than ariza

ingram:
no shoes height: 6'8"
wingspan: 7'3"
standing reach: 9'1.5"
max vert:

durant:
no shoes height: 6'9"
wingspan: 7'4.75"
standing reach: 9'2"
max vert: 33.5"

ariza:
no shoes height: 6'7"
wingspan: 7'2"
standing reach: 8'11.5"
max vert: 32"

so ariza -> ingram is the same difference as ingram -> durant, but ingram seems far more explosive an athlete than either

drool
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Ingram really does have a baby Durant game doesn't he..

Diamond Stone has the type of game that I think can thrive in college. He's bulky and agile, and can throw his weight around in the paint vs undersized defenders. He may show flashes of looking like college-Demarcus Cousins this year. Although he doesn't have Cousins' length for the dominance at the next level.
I actually think he's still a really really good Center prospect. Love his bulky frame mixed with his agility, he can really move like a normal sized Power Forward. He can also shoot a little, and put the ball on the floor a little - while of course the main component of his game is Boogie bully ball.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Mike where are you looking at measurables for ingram? He has better measurables than ariza

ingram:
no shoes height: 6'8"
wingspan: 7'3"
standing reach: 9'1.5"
max vert:

durant:
no shoes height: 6'9"
wingspan: 7'4.75"
standing reach: 9'2"
max vert: 33.5"

ariza:
no shoes height: 6'7"
wingspan: 7'2"
standing reach: 8'11.5"
max vert: 32"

so ariza -> ingram is the same difference as ingram -> durant, but ingram seems far more explosive an athlete than either

drool

He does have better measurable than Ariza. I think he's also closer to Ariza than Durant on wingspan alone.

Like I said, we're arguing over inches, but Durant has a wingspan that matches Yao Ming. His reach looks even longer because of his narrow frame.

I also think Ingram is raw. He has a foundation of ball-handling and perimeter shooting abilities, but I wouldn't say it's polished. It's like he needs more time to attack the hoop because he dribbles a tad higher or isn't as quick as a younger Ariza.

He's the definition of athletic clay. More skills than Travis Outlaw, but Outlaw was easily an explosive athlete.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

This whole draft class is extremely raw. 2014 was raw but the top 2 were polished. Last year had a lot of polished guys in the fringe/all-star but not superstar outlook. This year, just straight raw - i don't have any of them locked in as all stars or fringe all stars.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
This whole draft class is extremely raw. 2014 was raw but the top 2 were polished. Last year had a lot of polished guys in the fringe/all-star but not superstar outlook. This year, just straight raw - i don't have any of them locked in as all stars or fringe all stars.

This is why I don't like a lot of the recent draft classes. I actually have to wait for NCAA developed players for prospects.

HS classes aren't what they used to be.

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Ingram is anywhere near the finished product, but I think his upside is higher than anyone in the draft, with the exception of maybe skal.

he's just got the tools to be dominant both offensively and defensively

and I know it could just be a coach talking his player up but...https://twitter.com/dukebasketball/status/651488914511949824
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
I don't think Ingram is anywhere near the finished product, but I think his upside is higher than anyone in the draft, with the exception of maybe skal.

I don't think much of either player's upside in terms of being a multiple All-Star/franchise player type. You could see that with guys like Towns and Wiggins very easily. That may change with the NCAA season, but I've definitely been spoiled by talent of years past.

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

I don't think much of either player's upside in terms of being a multiple All-Star/franchise player type. You could see that with guys like Towns and Wiggins very easily. That may change with the NCAA season, but I've definitely been spoiled by talent of years past.

jaylen brown might be more your taste Mike?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

jaylen brown might be more your taste Mike?

I don't think of him as a 5-star prospect like previous players. 4 star? Sure, out of this crop.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

I did not know that Joakim Noah has the length of a 6'9 PF, wow. And he's been one of the best defensive Centers in the league, not a great rim protector but overall.
Now I'm open to Skal as our Center. He's got even better lateral agility, almost freakish. maybe enough quickness and length to do a fairly good job protecting the rim too. Would be a great agile roll man for Russell. And is building perimeter skills. I'm in.
he's pretty much a freak athlete. he even elevates ridiculously high on his fadeaway Js
, you can develop that shot with that elevation..
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

Who will be the best center to pick up in next year's draft?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Who will be the best center to pick up in next year's draft?

Skal. he's the #1 prospect according to DX. he's a C/PF, not sure which. After him I like Diamond Stone, 10th on DX.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks, who do you the Lakers will be looking at?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Thanks, who do you the Lakers will be looking at?

nooo idea. wouldn't be surprised if we dealt one of our potential 4 young guns for an established player, too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

IF we wind up with a top 3 pick, I'm all for dealing it a SF or mobile C at this point in time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I think we have our second round pick next year, any interesting names to look for in the 30s?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/jmages5/status/661000627338797056
Jaylen Brown looking very impressive in the Cal scrimmage. Slicing through the D, dunking on guys..

Brandon Ingram with a really impressive drive and layup in preseason https://twitter.com/duke_mbb/status/660299804619182080
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

i can't help but get sucked into cbb/draft/prospect talk every season cause it's too fun, but i'm trying to not get attached to any players from this crop. the chance that the lakers won't have their pick is too high, there is zero mathematical guarantee. i do like simmons/ingram/skal though. brown is whtever, and rabb is interesting.

simmons seems too good to be true, he must have some sort of major flaw(aside from the shooting)

skal has meh measurements, especially hand size but he has great instincts and feel, as much as i hate cliche scouting terms like that it's true with him

ingram is a stick figure but great overall package.

marvin bagley lookin like the next GOAT tho
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: