Rumor about Tiger Woods being Juiced...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Rumor about Tiger Woods being Juiced...

Was anyone listening to AM570 earlier today(i dont think it was the cannons, it might have been Good Times... but who knows? Everybodys out...
anyways, they were talking bout a rumor that Tiger was juiced?
was they just F'ing around or is there really a rumor out there?

I gotta admit, hes did get huge...
and they said there wasnt an anti-steroid policy in the pga?

anybody hear anything???
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

A juiced golfer Being juiced up won't help him much. Drive for show, putt for dough.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't think he's juiced. Unlike Baseball, which involved cheating from it's inception, Golf is a gentleman's sport that has its unwritten rules (G-O-L-F Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden....and don't forget the line from Family Guy...."No Blacks, No Jews"). But all kidding aside....Cheating in golf is extremely rare.....PLUS...Tiger is crazy consistent. Did you listen to all his competition speak about him before the PGA? They way they were talking about Tiger, it was obvious that every single one of them had conceded victory to him. Tiger is in EVERYONE's head...and that's where his dominance is most leathal.
- Sean -
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

It was probably Hacksaw...who read that Woods signed an endorsement deal w/ Minute Maid...and concluded what only Hacksaw would conclude from that.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

^
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

"All you citrus farmers in Redlands, I want to hear from YOU about these SERIOUS allegations leveled against Tiger Woods!"
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Sean you and LarryCoon have perfected the art of ripping Hacksaw.

Seriously though, I doubt being juiced would even help a golfer. Anyone thats played knows that trying to swing hard will only mess up your swing.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

tiger is a real athlete who doesn't need steroids.

tiger
kobe
kobayashi
mj
magic
federer

these kinds of guys don't need t he juice.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
tiger is a real athlete who doesn't need steroids.

tiger
kobe
kobayashi
mj
magic
federer

these kinds of guys don't need t he juice.

It takes a true student of sport to have the intellect to include Kobayashi (the icon, the living legend of competitive eating) in that list...
lakerz4sho'
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

you know what though... i kind of think kobe MAY have dabbled with the juice in 2003, when he came back with a massive upper body.

before u lynch me, i'm a huge kobe fan, but i also work out a lot, and have been both for many years.

kobe's been lifting weights since high school. somebody who lifts weights that religiously don't suddenly gain 20 lbs in a mere 3 month span without some kind of assistance. he was noticeably bigger, and in such a short period of time.

also, after the colorado thing, he stopped working out and immediately lost so much weight. you don't lose it just like that.. unless u were on something in the first place, and then stopped working out altogether.

you have to start to wonder if he didn't have something extra flowing thru his veins besides the PnG. purely speculation, of course..

but i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of nba players used steroids, because they don't even check for it.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

lakerz4sho, similar thoughts have crossed my mind from time to time but I doubt it. Hes had no problems with flexiblity, movement, injuries, etc most of the crap that usually comes with guys on roids. If he really wanted to, Kobe couldve gained that weight with supplaments, anything from protein to more serious stuff. We all know his work ethic too, he just doesnt seem like the type of athlete to resort to that trash.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Where is the proof??... Of course, there are going to be, many jealous golfers out there.

Like me, he might be hitting the Ensure Plus??!!
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

Tiger Faaaannnnnnnsss...
Feeeeeeelllin You!
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Rumor about Tiger Woods being Juiced...

Free_Kobe wrote:
Was anyone listening to AM570 earlier today(i dont think it was the cannons, it might have been Good Times... but who knows? Everybodys out...

anybody hear anything???

It wasn't a 'rumor', as it were. They were talking about the PGA and some idiot called in and said 'Tiger's on steriods' and they hung up on him. That lead to them saying that they wouldn't be surprised to hear that about anyone anymore. But they never suggested Tiger is using steroids.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Rumor about Tiger Woods being Juiced...

unggoy wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:

anybody hear anything???

It wasn't a 'rumor', as it were. They were talking about the PGA and some idiot called in and said 'Tiger's on steriods' and they hung up on him. That lead to them saying that they wouldn't be surprised to hear that about anyone anymore. But they never suggested Tiger is using steroids.

Thanks for clarifying
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
surfbu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

Muad'Dib wrote:
"All you citrus farmers in Redlands, I want to hear from YOU about these SERIOUS allegations leveled against Tiger Woods!"

LOL.

"You've heard the best 15 minutes of radio ANYWHERE."

Uh...easy there Hack...easy.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

Steroids would only help the length of his tee shots. He's already the #1 golfer in the world and closing in on best all-time. He's the richest and most recognizable. Some even argue that he's the greatest athlete of all time. What possible reason would he have for doing steroids?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

^Exactly, steroids will only add about an extra 15-30 yards on your tee shot. That distance does not make a difference when you are chippin and puttin like Tiger. Actually 15-30 yards wouldn't make any golfer any better.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Steroids would be the worst possible thing for a golfer. Golf isn't about being huge, and being huge certainley wouldn't help. A golf swing is about creating tension and storing energy like a rubber band, and then expending the energy at the right moment so as not to waste it. Big muscles are less flexible than lean ones, why would he be on roids? It would hinder his freedom of movement in his swing and cause a lot of inconsistency. Besides, Tiger has gradual gotten bigger, its not like he just showed up one day HUGE...I was at one of his clinics around 2000-01, and he said he doesn't even use more than 225 lbs on the bench (and focuses on reps instead) when he was asked by a kid.

*Whoever said Kobe is on roids is just silly. While difficult to do, 20lbs in 4 months isn't unheard of, and I wouldn't be at all suprised to see that that number was probably embellished a bit

And how does the fact that he lost weight during his rape case prove anything? Uh, last time I checked, stress is one of the biggest reason people lose weight. Not to mention that depression and anxiety cause change in appetite patterns....but nooooooo must be the roids

Heck, everybodys on roids, forget testing, we can just tell :roll:
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Actually insidepresence, that's what they used to say about baseball. Everyone thought steroids would be stupid for a baseball player because they needed the flexibility to swing at the ball more than they needed muscle. That's been proven pretty wrong I think. Of course, I don't think it makes as big a difference in golf results as it does in baseball.
surfbu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Steroids would be the worst possible thing for a golfer. Golf isn't about being huge, and being huge certainley wouldn't help. A golf swing is about creating tension and storing energy like a rubber band, and then expending the energy at the right moment so as not to waste it. Big muscles are less flexible than lean ones, why would he be on roids? It would hinder his freedom of movement in his swing and cause a lot of inconsistency. Besides, Tiger has gradual gotten bigger, its not like he just showed up one day HUGE...I was at one of his clinics around 2000-01, and he said he doesn't even use more than 225 lbs on the bench (and focuses on reps instead) when he was asked by a kid.

*Whoever said Kobe is on roids is just silly. While difficult to do, 20lbs in 4 months isn't unheard of, and I wouldn't be at all suprised to see that that number was probably embellished a bit

And how does the fact that he lost weight during his rape case prove anything? Uh, last time I checked, stress is one of the biggest reason people lose weight. Not to mention that depression and anxiety cause change in appetite patterns....but nooooooo must be the roids

Heck, everybodys on roids, forget testing, we can just tell :roll:

Exactly.

By the way...anyone who's followed Tiger of late will notice that he is not using his Driver nearly as much as his 3 wood and long irons. At the British Open he used his Driver ONCE the entire tounament.

Having said all of that, I am considering taking steroids so I can post longer and better here on Lakers Ground.

(This post was made with a cocktail of Dexatrim, creatine and Andro...can you tell?)
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Actually insidepresence, that's what they used to say about baseball. Everyone thought steroids would be stupid for a baseball player because they needed the flexibility to swing at the ball more than they needed muscle. That's been proven pretty wrong I think. Of course, I don't think it makes as big a difference in golf results as it does in baseball.

No it is totally different

A baseball swing is a reaction to a pitch, once the mind reacts, the player transfers their weight, opens their hips, and keeps their shoulders through the zone resulting in a torque between the upper and lower body, but it is nowhere comprable to the golf swing. Steroids in baseball help because a player swings hard, and expends their energy through the hitting zone with ease, due to the horizontal nature of the swing and the fact that, well for lack of a better termnology, they can't hit the ground 3 inches behind the ball from swinging too hard.

The golf swing on the other hand is predicated on rhythm and balance. You start from a stand still position AND intiate the movement yourself (it is not a reaction). Power is generated by increasing the margin of space between your hip turn and shoulder turn which results in torque (one much greater than baseball). The more your turn your shoulders, while also limiting hip movement, the more power you will generate. Now this energy that is stored up is very volatile, if you do any sort of jerk motion at the top of your swing you easily lose 20% to 30% of your potential power. The great players in the world further generate torque by starting their hips while keeping their shoulders quite on the downswing, dropping the shoulders into what is known as the "slot". It is important to keep the angle created by your wrists at the apex of your swing through your downswing until you shallow out, then your promptly "release" the club, effectively using all the stored energy (without wasting any). Steroids, and the big muscles they entow, would no doubt cause a golfers flexibility (which is key for generating the maximun distance between the hips and shoulders) to be limited. Here is the important part: Since golfers initiate their swings themselves, they are responsble for their own torque, they must generate it as effectively as possible. Steroids would inhibit that to a fairly serious degree. Baseball swings on the other hand generate torque as a reaction to the pitch, on a horizontal plane, which also happens to be much shorter, and since the amount of torque isn't nerely as much as in a golf swing, steroids don't affect it as much as a golf swing.

*Try to do a golf swing by keeping your hips perfectly straight, turn your shoulders, and feel the pull. Imagine this, Tiger's left shoulder routinely travels 140-145 degrees from its starting position, while his hips move a marginal 20-25 degrees. Then try a baseball swing, try has hard as you can and tell me if you can feel the same torque

Another thing, steroids would be terrible for a golfer because of the mental aspect of the game. From everything I have heard and seen, steroids make people irrational, impatient, and almost unwilling to compromise. That certainely is not how any golfer would want to act, and certainley isn't how Tiger acts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: