Andrew Bynum?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Andrew Bynum?

Does anyone know what is happening with Andrew Bynum he's been out injured since 2014, back in June there were some reports saying he was going to return to the NBA at some point this season.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject:

No team would take a chance on him.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Saw Bynum at the GGG-Monroe fight at the forum. Didn't really wanna talk to anyone and his knees looked shot. Dude is done.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Didn't he get a camp invite? That was the last I heard of him. Probably is done considering his knees are shot. He made his millions so really there is no motivation to come back.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Didn't he get a camp invite? That was the last I heard of him. Probably is done considering his knees are shot. He made his millions so really there is no motivation to come back.

Drew said he wants to come back to the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

It would be a good story if he got his act together, had some good health, and became a viable backup here.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

it def would. But the likelihood is about 0.033% (repeating of course)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It would be a good story if he got his act together, had some good health, and became a viable backup here.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Would he even have been effective? He last played NBA basketball 2 seasons ago for the Pacers and Cavs? His messed up knees make him less reliable than Sacre.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Saw Bynum at the GGG-Monroe fight at the forum. Didn't really wanna talk to anyone and his knees looked shot. Dude is done.

What do you mean?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

What do you mean?

Most of the gossip is that Bynum's knees are in bad shape and always a moment away from injury. However...personally, the details are very cloudy. His actual injuries were freak physical accidents, like players landing into his legs. So it's not like he is genetically or bioligically injury prone. But you'll never know the way people talk about it. And all his weird things like the bowling thing or whatever happened here in LA I don't remember. I kind of feel he just doesn't want to play other than those championship years in LA.

I've been watching some of his older games. i think there was a time when he was healthy, that he was the best center in the league. he really was quite good. He consistently outplayed the other great bigs like Dwight and Duncan, he delivered in key moments of championship runs, he had a fire in him, good defender, and very very long, my god. Yes, i think healthy bynum was better than dwight.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

What do you mean?

Most of the gossip is that Bynum's knees are in bad shape and always a moment away from injury. However...personally, the details are very cloudy. His actual injuries were freak physical accidents, like players landing into his legs. So it's not like he is genetically or bioligically injury prone. But you'll never know the way people talk about it. And all his weird things like the bowling thing or whatever happened here in LA I don't remember. I kind of feel he just doesn't want to play other than those championship years in LA.

I've been watching some of his older games. i think there was a time when he was healthy, that he was the best center in the league. he really was quite good. He consistently outplayed the other great bigs like Dwight and Duncan, he delivered in key moments of championship runs, he had a fire in him, good defender, and very very long, my god. Yes, i think healthy bynum was better than dwight.

Bynum's problems started after his first injury back in 2007. For those 2 months of that 2007-2008 season, he was showing signs of dominance we wouldn't see until his all star season in 2011. I remember when we played the Suns he would destroy Amare in the low post. Unfortunately, after all those injuries he suffered throughout his career, he ended up on the bench more than actual playing time. The Lakers looking back were lucky to have unloaded him and not committed a long term contract which they were thinking of considering at the time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: