Sterling caught telling is GF not to bring black people to the games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Jeez this is such a clusterf***. Feel for the Clippers players. But then again I guess they should've knew who they were signing up to play for..

Many say the same thing. I'm one who felt he was a racist but until proof in spoken word was released didn't give it a degree.

I didn't know he thought of African Americans as chattel.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:
I’ve been a friend of that guy’s for 30 years. It doesn’t surprise me that he said those things. That doesn’t surprise me. And he shouldn’t have said it. He just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things that he shouldn’t be doing.

Quote:
And I don’t wish that girl any bad luck but I hope she gets hit with a car

Tommy Lasorda
like i said before. we better be glad Doc Buss wasnt still alive during this craziness. no telling what would've been said. cause sterling was his boy too.

Or that Tommy Lasorda knows an opportunist when he sees one. Problem was Sterling thought his money could keep people in his circle silent like they did in his past trials. Mrs. V has a known criminal record as the media has been digging in her past deeper and deeper now. At the end of the day, when all the facts come out, nobody is going to look good in this story. Sterling, his associates, Mrs V and her friends, etc...Even the NBA might get their skeletons dug out if they keep dragging this further along, as we know that the Donald doesn't play fair.
i would agree with whatever her name is today... lol. is an opportunist of the worse kind. BUT, with that said... she isnt the one suing herself. why is no one getting mad at sterling's crazy wife? i mean think about it. if your husband has fling(S). not fling. FLINGS on you and you dont budge. you dont really care. you too are an opportunist are you not? they no longer have young children. so why are they still together? its not like he changed his ways. you're husband is a racist adulterer and has been the entire time you two have been together. yet you stick around. why? "gotta get that paper" thats why. so there's not much difference between her and this other girl in my humble opinion. but Tommy wont call his wife out. his wife sued that girl. and that girl responded with this. no suit, no response. so who's fault is it really? that wife is just mad that girl is more or less taking some of what will be hers when sterling passes on. sterling is worth a lot of money. did the wife really need to try and get a million and change back from this side piece? NO. so again. WHO"S fault is it that this is out TOMMY L? MRS STERLING. thats who.

but he wont blame her. cause sterling is his boy. his homeboy that he has know is a racist.
tommy said
Quote:
"I've been a friend of that guy's for 30 years. It doesn't surprise me that he said those things. And he shouldn't have said it. He just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things he shouldn't be doing."

so basically if you keep quiet and no one but us knows you're racist. or as long as the world doesnt know. you're okay with me Donald.

again giving your boy a pass to be a racist white supremacist is a horrible thing. even if you yourself is not a quote un quote racist white supremacist.

you know your friend is a mass murderer. but hey, as long as he doesnt murder you. you're cool with him.

I love how you accuse Tommy Lasorda and Jerry Buss of knowingly associating with Donald T. Sterling, so they must have been racists or ok with racism. For all we know they were all in the same LA sports circle and he kept those deep racist feelings between himself, his wife and the people that were intimate with him........

wait wait wait i cant hear a thing you have just said. i just posted Tommy Quotes.

tommy said
Quote:
"I've been a friend of that guy's for 30 years. It doesn't surprise me that he said those things. And he shouldn't have said it. He just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things he shouldn't be doing."

what part of that quote dont you get?

you see what i'm talking about people. you see this. you have evidence dead in your face and you're stillllll trying to find away to act like it isnt true.

I read his quotes, and I don't see how that makes Tommy a racist or being ok with racism. But, according to your way of thinking that makes him guilty by association....
i never said my guy tommy was a racist. first off you have to realize i'm GLAD doc buss wasnt alive for this myself. cause i dont know what he would've said and how i would've reacted to what he would have said. old men say a lot of crazy stuff. you just heard tommy. another one of MY guys. one of my favorite people in sports. but i cant act like the man didnt just say what he said. he's telling you I know this man. i've know this man for 30 years. of course i know this dude is a racist.

now with that knowledge tommy could have done 1 of 4 things.

1. left the friendship long ago. or at least told sterling you have to shape up or i'm outta here buddy. i love you but i cant condone that behavior.

2.well donald you're a racist. i'm not, so as long as you dont say anything crazy where the public will catch wind we're all good.

3.well donald, you're a racist and guess what? me too. now i'm not as crazy as you. so i wont be around talking reckless about people of other groups. but i agree with your thought process.

4.well donald, you're a racist and guess what? i dont condone it. you're my brother. you're a good guy at heart aside from this one serious flaw. this is the way you were raised. so i will do everything in my power to help you out of these racist ways of thinking.. cause i'm not a racist and i dont want to be around racist people like its ok to be a racist.

now what do we know about tommy and donald's relationship? they have been boys for 30 years+.

tommy was not shocked by donald's statements... inferring he knew his buddy was a racist.

So which one of those above people is tommy L.? from what i can see. he's #2. i say this because how he reacted and what he said out of his own mouth. anytime your boy gets caught doing what you know he normally does. and you go off on the side chick and then say and i quote "He just hurt himself by talking too much ..."

and lets remember we are not jumping on sterling just for the phone convo. that was the straw that broke the camels back. the big thing was that housing situation and what Elgin put in that law suit. the things he said there. thats some real life new era white supremacy stuff. thats not just "i dont like N words" ... no no no. thats bigger then that. sterling was using his power against people of color. or doing certain things to them based on color. even in the event he gave them something.

like i've always said about Paula dean. i think she did good by some black folks. i really do. but in the same breath i think she did bad by those same black folks. because of the reasons she did right by them.

see its one thing to give a little black kid some money because he deserves it since he's a great ball player or great at something.

its white supremacy even when giving when you tell someone that you're about to give a million dollar contract to(but are low balling them based on their actual talent). "hey that should be enough for a black boy like yourself." Who are you to tell someone whats enough based on the color of their skin and what situation they come from? thats not how salaries are supposed to work. you're supposed to compensate people based on the job they have done or about to do for you. thats it and thats all. but thats a white person trying to make darn sure you know hey buddy I'm above you and you will remain beneath me.

Heres the thing...we know about Sterling's biases because its all been documented. It is no secret. It only became a big deal because the media caught him with his pants down as they say with this recording. If you ask all the guys who worked with Sterling in the past as a player, it is well documented. One of the media outlets interviewed Marques Johnson and Norm Nixon, guys whom the Donald employed as Clippers players talked about his issues. You had African Americans who continued to work with the Donald despite his issues with housing. That to mean is much much worse than any of the tapes that came out because he affected the lively hoods of the working people and poor. People of all backgrounds, suddenly distanced themselves from him because of the intense media coverage this got. If the tape had never gone public, how many people would've done business with him as if nothing had happened? A lot I bet as we have seen after his housing discrimination lawsuit was settled a couple of years back.
i agree with you 1000%. the best thing about this stuff coming out is we have seen a lot of semi hidden issues come to light in all angles. its just up to the person watching this entire fiasco to find every angle.

#1. the obvious cism with words
#2. true white supremacy with words and actions
#3. being in bed with a white person doesnt meant hey are not still racist
#4. when you get married, dont have any side chicks
#5. if you choose to have side chicks, tell your wife to never sue thm
#6. if your wife is about to sue your side piece. pay off your side piece
#7. never have your side piece record your phone convo's(even if you're old and you want to do it because you're losing your memory)
#8.What to do when your buddy is a racist?
#9.Should you work for a known racist employer..even if he pays well?
#10.Should you buy tickets for games when you know the owner of the team is reaping the benefits and he's a racist?(i'm guilty of this myself. i've been to a few clipper games in my life time just trying to support that sorry team going back to the 80's at the sports arena..shame on me too. )
#11.Should the NBA have allowed sterling to survive this long as the owner after the housing law suit then throw in the elgin suit and what other people have said about him?
#12.Pay attention to how people Defend sterling by way of putting everything on his side chick is that some kind of hidden cism?..if so, is this something one should look for when in conversations about race to know who i'm dealing with?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Jeez this is such a clusterf***. Feel for the Clippers players. But then again I guess they should've knew who they were signing up to play for..

Many say the same thing. I'm one who felt he was a racist but until proof in spoken word was released didn't give it a degree.

I didn't know he thought of African Americans as chattel.
i knew it when this came out

Quote:
Here's the latest, via ESPN's J.A. Adande, who got his hands on another round of filings in Elgin Baylor's lawsuit against the Clippers owner:

"While ignoring my suggestions and isolating me from decisions customarily reserved for general managers, the Clippers attempted to place the blame for the team's failures on me," Baylor said in the declaration. "During this same period, players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette complained to me that DONALD STERLING would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.' I brought this to Sterling's attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room."

and that^^ was years ago.

if i was a player, white or black. i wouldnt have played for him for that alone. i darn sure would not have played for him if i was black. and i would've made it clear why i chose not to.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I couldn't find the Sterling soap opera thread that was around here

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/donald-sterling-loses-appeal-to-reverse-2b-sale-of-clippers/

Quote:
Donald Sterling loses appeal to reverse $2B sale of Clippers

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A California appeals court has rejected former Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s attempt to reverse the $2 billion sale of the team.

The 2nd District Court of Appeal ruled Monday that Sterling failed to show any legal error by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge who approved the sale last year.

Sterling’s estranged wife sold the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer after the NBA threatened to seize the team after banning Donald Sterling for life for making derogatory remarks about blacks.

The 81-year-old billionaire sued his wife of six decades for seizing the family trust that owned the team after two doctors found he had signs of Alzheimer’s.

Sterling has since filed to divorce Shelly Sterling.

Donald Sterling also has sued his wife and the NBA in federal court.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44
Jump to: