PISTONS -at- LAKERS - 11-15-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kobe showing he's still our best player.

As long as his body cooperates, he'll find ways to be productive. He just needs to be aware of how to do it. He played great last night -- balanced, keeping everyone involved, filling in the gaps. I know that hasn't normally been Kobe's game over the past 20 years, but I think it's the best way for him to help the team now.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Another FO steal by selecting Nance. The guy has the potential to be a solid rotation player in the league. He is a good piece to have, and this team is in desperate need for a player with his skill set.

Also, I really wanted to see Kobe get that triple double last night.

Bit of Laker Trivia for you guys: The oldest player to ever record a triple double was Karl Malone playing for the 2004 Lakers. He put up 10 pts. 11 rebounds, and 10 assists at the age of 40 versus the Spurs.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kobe showing he's still our best player.

As long as his body cooperates, he'll find ways to be productive. He just needs to be aware of how to do it. He played great last night -- balanced, keeping everyone involved, filling in the gaps. I know that hasn't normally been Kobe's game over the past 20 years, but I think it's the best way for him to help the team now.

For the last few years actually, even with the Mike Brown and MDA teams. Kobe the facilitator is my favorite Kobe. The guy is a killer, and plays such beautiful basketball when he gets others involved.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: PISTONS -at- LAKERS - 11-15-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

TDRock wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

This is a critical stretch for the Lakers. The next 6 or 7 games can pretty much determine whether or not they make the playoffs this year. If they start to play .500 ball during this stretch maybe that dim playoff hope is still alive. If they keep playing at the same losing pace, however, it’s over before they get to December.
Playoffs? Whoa, let's not get crazy there partner. LOL!

Thanks DB!

(I actually thought Randle looked out of sorts for most of this game, which is fine b/c he's a rook but your analysis of his game is interesting to me...)
NBA is always filled with surprises

Anthony Davis on a team with a record worse than the Lakers

TWolves have a breakeven record

Bucks beating the Cavs

Grizzs having a losing record

Celtics beating OKC

Rockets having a losing record

Clips have not outrebounded any teams this season (tied several times) with players such as DeAndre and Blake as starters

-

Hopefully the lessons being taught on the court my Kobe and MWP will be embraced and allow the team to be ready to take advantage of any slips that might occur

I just thought it was pretty wacky of DB to bring that up. I've been on the fence about us making the Playoffs. I've felt like the talent is there to hit a lower seed, but that talent is raw and I'm not stoked on our coach. But of late we are starting to look like an NBA team again so who knows?

By the by you and LoyalLakerFan44 - I'm not young. I've been a Lakers/NBA fan for over 30 years so I've witnessed lots of "Christmas Miracles" on the court.

I've been a Laker fan for ~20 years. Was 11 years old when Kobe was drafted (the day I became a basketball fan) and I don't think I missed a single Laker game until I got to college...

Watching Kobe and the Lakers has been completely a part of my life for as long as I can remember. It's been a great run - I hope the next generation can enjoy D'Lo/JC/Randle the way I was able to enjoy Kobe + _____ growing up.
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: PISTONS -at- LAKERS - 11-15-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

TDRock wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

This is a critical stretch for the Lakers. The next 6 or 7 games can pretty much determine whether or not they make the playoffs this year. If they start to play .500 ball during this stretch maybe that dim playoff hope is still alive. If they keep playing at the same losing pace, however, it’s over before they get to December.

Thanks DB!

(I actually thought Randle looked out of sorts for most of this game, which is fine b/c he's a rook but your analysis of his game is interesting to me...)

Bucks beating the Cavs

Celtics beating OKC

Clips have not outrebounded any teams this season (tied several times) with players such as DeAndre and Blake as starters

-

Hopefully the lessons being taught on the court my Kobe and MWP will be embraced and allow the team to be ready to take advantage of any slips that might occur

I just thought it was pretty wacky of DB to bring that up. I've been on the fence about us making the Playoffs. I've felt like the talent is there to hit a lower seed, but that talent is raw and I'm not stoked on our coach. But of late we are starting to look like an NBA team again so who knows?

By the by you and LoyalLakerFan44 - I'm not young. I've been a Lakers/NBA fan for over 30 years so I've witnessed lots of "Christmas Miracles" on the court.

I just brought it up because at some point it becomes simple math that makes the decision on what you are playing for. Whether you think there's a chance or no chance, it just doesn't matter much when the actual enormity of the math is in front of you. If the Lakers don't turn anything around in the next 6 or 7 games, then they are all but officially playing for a lottery spot. So at what point does the team fully commit to developing their youth and not playing vets extended minutes like we saw with Kobe last night to pull off wins?

They are getting pretty close to that point just from a numbers standpoint whether they want to accept it or not.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: PISTONS -at- LAKERS - 11-15-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
TDRock wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Thanks DB!

Bucks beating the Cavs

Celtics beating OKC

-

I just brought it up because at some point it becomes simple math that makes the decision on what you are playing for. Whether you think there's a chance or no chance, it just doesn't matter much when the actual enormity of the math is in front of you. If the Lakers don't turn anything around in the next 6 or 7 games, then they are all but officially playing for a lottery spot. So at what point does the team fully commit to developing their youth and not playing vets extended minutes like we saw with Kobe last night to pull off wins?

They are getting pretty close to that point just from a numbers standpoint whether they want to accept it or not.

I would also argue it is important to not create a culture of losing while trying to develop players.
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, unfortunately, we already appear to be on the verge of a culture of losing despite playing the vets. If things don't turn around soon, what difference does it make? Losing is Losing. Lottery is lottery. They'll need to shift gears, ease off Kobe's minutes and build more for the future.

It feels like they are turning the corner. Hopefully, the extended losing streaks will be behind them. But this is a very important stretch for them for the remainder of the month.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Getting Nance more mins is easy. JUST PLAY HIM!! We should have the guys that play the best D on the floor for the majority of mins per game. Let the players that have not given their heart and soul to the Defensive end watch. I bet the farm it wont take these players long before they commit to the D to get themselves on the court.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Turning the corner? Hopefully. A much needed win for sure.

It was interesting to see Kobe to change his game. He came in with a scoring mindset and kept putting the shots up with a defender in his face. And then completely changed his game in the second half. He was still shooting (incl threes), but these were almost all wide open threes that he just had to take. Good shots despite misses.

And his game showed veru uch how the second unit needs a true playmaker out there. Lou is sweet, but his is not that kind of facilitator. Marcelo was very good in preseason, but his D keeps him on the bench. Hence, it is a choice between JC and DLO.

So when (if at all) does Scott break up the young trio? They might start, but the rotations should be different so that DLO would get his minutes with the bench unit.

More Nance please! He is playing like a vet out there. It is amazing how much better he is than Randle (at least to my eyes). Randle looks so lost out there at times as if he was the next space cadet. Poor spacing in O, not moving around. With his speed he should be cutting all the time and getting to the basket not by trying to blow past the defender but by means of cutting. We have four excellent passers around him, they'd find him.

Great game, great team effort. Moving the ball, moving the bodies. More of that please. And I sure agree with Scott this time:
“They’re just starting to get it,” Scott said of the team D.
It is about time to get it. Time to take the next step.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: PISTONS -at- LAKERS - 11-15-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
TDRock wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Thanks DB!

Bucks beating the Cavs

Celtics beating OKC

-

Werd.

All_Star_Laker wrote:
I would also argue it is important to not create a culture of losing while trying to develop players.

And Werd.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: