PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Losing to another Western powerhouse.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
I watched the entire game and yes they did, I guess you missed the part where the Sixers stormed back against the Spurs?

I just looked at the play-by-play, how can you almost beat someone if you don't come closer than 4 points in the 4th quarter? I can see if the 76ers led at any point and the Spurs hit a game winner. Then you could say 'they almost won' but at no point did they hold a lead in the second half. I have no dog in this race, 76ers played them close but they didn't 'almost win.'

Being within 4 points with 2 minutes left is coming close to beating them you may not agree but it's fine. If you were playing in a game where you were down four with two minutes (with possession as the sixers had in that position) you would very much feel that you came close to winning. It was a very close game at that point and the sixers almost pulled off the win.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
bandiger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dominator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
If only Russell played like this all game.

This is why Okafor looks so good in garbage time.

Okafor looks good all game...

Because every minute of a Sixers game is literally garbage time

You are saying it like our game is not garbage time

The Lakers have been competitive in several games despite the bad record. The Sixers are finished before each game even starts.

Sixers almost beat the Spurs the other night (Okafor played amazing) the Sixers almost beat the Mavs tonight (Okafor played great)

So what? He gets a ton of min compared to DLO. He would probably be getting about 20 min playing behind Hibbert and Bass because Byron loves his vets.

He earns his minutes and would have got them here as well.

I just noticed all your posts are literally just trolling Russell.

Not "trolling" at all, Russell hasn't been great, i just don't go around bashing Okafor who is playing great for a rookie.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
I watched the entire game and yes they did, I guess you missed the part where the Sixers stormed back against the Spurs?

I just looked at the play-by-play, how can you almost beat someone if you don't come closer than 4 points in the 4th quarter? I can see if the 76ers led at any point and the Spurs hit a game winner. Then you could say 'they almost won' but at no point did they hold a lead in the second half. I have no dog in this race, 76ers played them close but they didn't 'almost win.'

Being within 4 points with 2 minutes left is coming close to beating them you may not agree but it's fine. If you were playing in a game where you were down four with two minutes (with possession as the sixers had in that position) you would very much feel that you came close to winning. It was a very close game at that point and the sixers almost pulled off the win.

If you never lead in a game, you can't win said game. Played them close? Sure. Almost tied? Certainly. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

If you never lead in a game, you can't win said game. Played them close? Sure. Almost tied? Certainly. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

So your counter argument/response was to pretty much completely agree with what he originally said. He said almost won instead of almost tied. One bucket difference. Got it lol

Last edited by kobedagoat on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Nobody said close counted for much, but i was replying to somebody who was saying Okafor only plays great because the entire Sixers game is garbage time and the Lakers are different because they play teams close which results in Russell's struggles in comparison to Okafor's success. I was only showing him examples of Okafor having tremendous games against Stellar teams in which the games were close.
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Nobody said close counted for much, but i was replying to somebody who was saying Okafor only plays great because the entire Sixers game is garbage time and the Lakers are different because they play teams close which results in Russell's struggles in comparison to Okafor's success. I was only showing him examples of Okafor having tremendous games against Stellar teams in which the games were close.

Let's just be honest here. Okafor has panned out to be the better choice THUS FAR. We don't know what type of player Russell will develop into within the next year or so, and we also don't know what Okafor's ceiling will be. God willing, Russell can turn it around. But AS OF RIGHT NOW, it looks like the front office dropped the ball in taking a gamble on DLO over Okafor. Let's call a lemon a lemon- DLO is not looking like no.2 pick material at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

DSF_27 wrote:
Everyones really blaming the coach for getting killed on the glass and turning it over so much?

No.......we're blaming the coach for playing Bass at the 5 and Huertas anytime he has to play defense
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

DSF_27 wrote:
Everyones really blaming the coach for getting killed on the glass and turning it over so much?

It get tiresome to listen to people blame the coach , coach cannot shoot. Cannot defend cannot box out. Get real people . Byron scott might not be great coach , but he is not the worse, this team sucks. The only bright spot is clarkson. Any one who think this team is better with out Kobe they are drinking there bath water.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

kobedagoat wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

So your counter argument/response was to pretty much completely agree with what he originally said. He said almost won instead of almost tied. One bucket difference. Got it lol

By his definition, the Lakers almost won against the Suns tonight. I think we both know that didn't happen.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Okafor plays PLENTY of garbage time. But I like him as a developing player, I take umbrage with saying the Sixers almost won.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Okafor plays PLENTY of garbage time. But I like him as a developing player, I take umbrage with saying the Sixers almost won.

That's your opinion and i understand it, but personally i find that as a close game, and close games are games you almost won. Okafor does get taken out of the game a lot if the game is a blowout though, not to mention he doesn't get the ball in his hands all the time, there are games and long stretches of games where they have him doing nothing but running around setting screens instead of feeding him in the post. Things are rough all over for rookies. Both of them could have offenses better suited to there strengths.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerBeastmode wrote:
There is no chemistry I blame it on continued experimental line ups.

Lee Jenkins brought that up recently on Access Sportsnet - which he'll likely never be invited to again because he questioned/critisized some of Byron's choices. But yeah he said the ever changing lineups aren't giving guys a chance to develop routine and a sense of consistency. And particularly for new guys, some sense of regularity it important. It was an interesting POV I hadn't thought of for this season, although I definitely felt that way last season.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

That's your opinion and i understand it, but personally i find that as a close game, and close games are games you almost won. Okafor does get taken out of the game a lot if the game is a blowout though, not to mention he doesn't get the ball in his hands all the time, there are games and long stretches of games where they have him doing nothing but running around setting screens instead of feeding him in the post. Things are rough all over for rookies. Both of them could have offenses better suited to there strengths.

To give you some insight on my thought process, the Lakers/Magic game was an "almost won" game for me. Lou misses the shot to put us ahead, the Magic make a buzzer beater. If you lose a game by three possessions, I'm not really apt to say you almost won. I guess I have a more strict definition.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Why does Russell need to tell randle where to go on every possession?

Doesnt matter...randle does what he wants anyway

Dude! We get it, you don't like Randle.....maybe you should suggest that Nance starts again?!

It's a legitimate question? So why exactly does randle need to be reminded where to go?

Umm, maybe because he's effectively a rookie interacting with a rookie PG ffs its not rocket science smh

Randles attitude in dealing with Russell is horrible
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:

It get tiresome to listen to people blame the coach , coach cannot shoot. Cannot defend cannot box out. Get real people . Byron scott might not be great coach , but he is not the worse, this team sucks. The only bright spot is clarkson. Any one who think this team is better with out Kobe they are drinking there bath water.

He is the WORST!!
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

To give you some insight on my thought process, the Lakers/Magic game was an "almost won" game for me. Lou misses the shot to put us ahead, the Magic make a buzzer beater. If you lose a game by three possessions, I'm not really apt to say you almost won. I guess I have a more strict definition.

If I am playing and have the ball down four with two minutes left and lose, I walk back saying that's a game we almost won and should have won. Once again it was all in the context that all Sixers games are blowouts and the Lakers games are close, where in actuality both teams have actually had chances down the stretch of multiple games to improve there records.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

Lakers95...........................1-0
pio2u...............................1-1
diando..............................0-3
Chronicle..........................0-3
Kb24goldenChild...............0-1
Don Draper........................0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Totally forgot that there was a game. Studying got me thinking other things.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
kp6man
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: D'Angelo Russell

D'Angelo Russell Full Highlights vs Suns - This kid need to work a little harder to get to the next level.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject:

b] LAKERS: Stock Watch and Grades After Loss to Suns [/b]

Quote:
Despite keeping the game close for the first three quarters, the Lakers continued their trend of allowing their opponents to pull away late with lackluster play in the fourth. The bench in particular struggled in this game with Brandon Bass and Larry Nance Jr.both playing poorly.
The Lakers continued to shuffle their backup back-court, playing Lou Williams and Marcelo Huertas together for the first time in a few games. This squad continued to have issues on the defensive end, particularly with the undersized Bass at center.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/11/17/lakers-stock-watch-grades-loss-suns/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40
Jump to: